User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Re: Gta v6 rebuild

Postby JohnC » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:36 am

mettersl wrote:........ my engine doesn't have that plate. It's clearly been lost on the way. It's a 7700268816, apparently....not that that helps...

That's a pity Lee ..... but if you fancied the correct timing plate, it might be worth emailing Simon Auto with my pic, it is not listed but it is possible he has them. I have had occasion, in the past, of wanting a non listed part .... sent him a pic, and he had them in stock.
As a matter of interest .... how are you going to find engine TDC in order to line up your timing plate ? ..... even the OE one is adjustable. The screwdriver through the plug hole is not going to be accurate enough for this purpose.
John
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Re: Gta v6 rebuild

Postby mettersl » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:42 am

Good question John,
I was going with the screwdriver approach and rocking until I got both sides and then halving it.
There are also marks on the back of flywheel visible with some squinting, but not with a timing lamp.
I'm sure it will get closer than we are today.
Good idea on simon auto though.
Lee
Previous

• Advertisement