jules

Rank

Non Member

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:32 pm

Wrotham

Karting at Buckmore

Postby jules » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:51 pm

Anyone interested :?:

Me and a few mates have got the prokarts for a few hours on Saturday the 28th of July on the full circuit, its an early afternoon kick off and 70 odd quid but a good craic all the same...i'd really appriciate some help to stop 'Simmo' taking the trophy this time :wink:
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:06 am

sorry i'll bet at a trackday then..... going much faster ........ have a nice day on the lawnmowers :wink:
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:59 am

andyh877 wrote:sorry i'll bet at a trackday then..... going much faster ........ have a nice day on the lawnmowers :wink:

lol, but at least the go-karters are actually racing :wink: :lol:
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:02 am

David Gentleman wrote:
andyh877 wrote:sorry i'll bet at a trackday then..... going much faster ........ have a nice day on the lawnmowers :wink:

SECONDS OUT !!!!
DING-DING !!!!!!!
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:09 am

clee wrote:
David Gentleman wrote:

SECONDS OUT !!!!
DING-DING !!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

DG after another forum war? nothing new there then :roll:

we'll be testing wheels tyres brakes and suspension setup if you must know.... with an ex french GT champion driving the cars to give setup advice 8)
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:25 am

Its not a forum war, its just sorting the wheat from the chaff :lol:

Set it up for yourself, its only a bit of fun, he's not going to be the one always driving it.... :)
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:35 pm

David Gentleman wrote:Its not a forum war, its just sorting the wheat from the chaff :lol:

Set it up for yourself, its only a bit of fun, he's not going to be the one always driving it.... :)

wheat from the chav in your case i think...... hasn't your mechanic fixed the black gta yet or is it still being fixed by photoshop

you can't beat driver experience when it comes to setting a car up.... but surely you must have read that in a book somewhere
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:44 pm

andyh877 wrote:
David Gentleman wrote:Its not a forum war, its just sorting the wheat from the chaff :lol:

wheat from the chav in your case i think...... hasn't your mechanic fixed the black gta yet or is it still being fixed by photoshop

you can't beat driver experience when it comes to setting a car up.... but surely you must have read that in a book somewhere

Im sure Lewis Hamilton would'nt have the first clue about setting my car up.... :?:

You still got no gears Andy, want me to fit that JC5 onto your engine... :wink:

Anyway, don't hijack Jules's thread....
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:37 pm

David Gentleman wrote:
andyh877 wrote:

Im sure Lewis Hamilton would'nt have the first clue about setting my car up.... :?:

You still got no gears Andy, want me to fit that JC5 onto your engine... :wink:

Anyway, don't hijack Jules's thread....

to get your facts right..... we don't have a linkage yet.... but it's obvious you know d!ck as you would have seen there was a gearbox actually in situ and
you wouldn't know how to fit a jc 5 on a clio engine not about any other engine and if you did it would be back in the garage in 10 minutes .... go back to you're books schoolboy....... i remember when you phoned me about sticking a sequential box on a five turbo why phone me you know everything!..... how fookin stupid..... the box is worth more than the p.o.s. you'd be sticking it on.... and obviously why you phoned me..... it wasn't written down in a book anywhere was it...

when you've got real proof start talking.... not a load of photoshopped crap like we keep seeing......

i'm getting bored now.....

so what was it about the karting????
User

jules

Rank

Non Member

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:32 pm

Wrotham

Postby jules » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:14 pm

i'll see if they'll fit dualing pistols on the karts :wink:
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:27 pm

Ooh Andy, calm down, :lol: If I remember I asked you the going 'price' of a sequential Clio/Spider box.....or if you had one :lol:

I know you have a gearbox fitted, its the Megane 6 speed, but as its out of a FWD car, your going to have a proper rigmarole trying to get the linkage to work in a rear engined setup, as it all needs to be fabricated in reverse. If you had spoke to me in the first place, I could have showed you how to fit the original JC5 box to your F4RT engine, so no fookin around and would have been driveable, but instead you chose to argue with me in public, when you knew damn well I was right.

Stop always being bitchy just because the reason stems down to my brother not selling you some wheels that you wanted, like '8 years ago!'. Get over it and grow up, your an adult.
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:36 pm

David Gentleman wrote:

I know you have a gearbox fitted, its the Megane 6 speed, but as its out of a FWD car, your going to have a proper rigmarole trying to get the linkage to work in a rear engined setup, as it all needs to be fabricated in reverse. .

oh does it now.....looks like we don't know what we're doing... so you obviously know how to do it then..... and the original engine and box was out of a front wheel drive car also..... you're at it again......go back to your books....... oh and you'll find know one has written a book on this install yet.....

i'm finished now.....horse flogging dead...... :roll:
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:39 pm

jules wrote:i'll see if they'll fit dualing pistols on the karts :wink:

sorryto disapoint jules but as i said before i won't be there i'll be at a trackday over here...... no need dave would be still reading the book on how to work the thing ..... he'd end up being shot before he finished the first page
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:41 pm

Don't stop now I've just opened a beer and got me seat ............. :lol:
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:48 pm

andyh877 wrote:
David Gentleman wrote:

I know you have a gearbox fitted, its the Megane 6 speed, but as its out of a FWD car, your going to have a proper rigmarole trying to get the linkage to work in a rear engined setup, as it all needs to be fabricated in reverse. .

oh does it now.....looks like we don't know what we're doing... so you obviously know how to do it then..... and the original engine and box was out of a front wheel drive car also..... you're at it again......go back to your books....... oh and you'll find know one has written a book on this install yet.....

i'm finished now.....horse flogging dead...... :roll:

But im sure in the FWD car, the gear lever isnt IN FRONT of the engine is it? As for the book on the install, who needs a book, when its simple logic?

There are many Renault 5 guys running F4RT engines on JB and JC5 boxes, you can ask them if your wondering....
Next

• Advertisement