stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Prescott French Weekend -La Vie on Bleu- 26th & 27th May

Postby stephendell » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:46 pm

To save you trawling through the 'Official Invite to Prescott' thread here's an up-to-date summary:

PRESCOTT HILLCLIMB & FRENCH WEEKEND - 26th & 27th May (French Sunday) - RAOC Meeting & Club Display

This major event runs over the two days, but the main day is French Sunday (La vie en bleu). We have a number of cars already entered for the French Marques Hillclimb on Sunday 27th May so please come along and give your support. You'll find the entrants in the paddock where a Renault F1 car will also be displayed.

There is a special French Quarter with displays from invited Clubs and a French village with Autojumble and Trade Stands.

French Car Cavalcades and Demonstration Runs. Concours d'Elegance.

As to the Club display, some car clubs are coming just for Sunday, others for the weekend. Our club space will be cordoned off for you for parking either way. (Alpine & Renault vehicles only).

Advance entry fee is £20 for the weekend £10 Saturday £12 Sunday

On the gate entry is £12 Saturday and £15 Sunday

Competition entrants get two advance tickets for each day worth £40 included in their entry fee of £93.

There is a French supper in the restaurant on the Saturday night with a live jazz band.

French breakfast on both days.

OFFICIAL FLYER

http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/ ... 0Outer.jpg

http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/ ... 0Inner.jpg

TICKET APPLICATION (Non-Competitors)

http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/ ... ickets.jpg

ENTRY FORMS AND REGS (Competitors)

http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/ ... 20Regs.jpg

Entry Form Page 1 & Entry Form Page 2

We have plenty of copies of the full regs and original entry forms if you would like to be sent one.

LICENCE

You must have a minimun of a National B (non-race) to compete (£34)

If you do want to take part there's still time. Turn around is 15 days or (3 express) so still time to get your licence and your entry in before the 7th May deadline. Places are limited so be quick.

The form you need is here http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/contentVi ... tegory=656
Last edited by stephendell on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:11 pm

My Licence took more like 4 to 5 weeks, so to avoid any last minute panics you should apply as soon as possible, plus there is an additional fee for the express service.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Veyron

Postby stephendell » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:39 am

And yes it was confirmed today there will be a Veyron :shock:

So I expect you guys to get plenty of practice in...no silly excuses about having less horsepower if you're slower :wink:
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue May 08, 2007 10:12 am

IMPORTANT !!! For the competition HillClimbers.

As there are some novice and first timers taking their cars up the Prescott hill, I have been asked to put together a check-list, so that there are no (or less) surprises on the day. Some drivers are experienced, so please feel free to add any other constructive advice for the newbies.

This day is as much a demonstration day and fun day as it is a competition day. The crowd like to see a good variety of exotic and nice cars racing up the hill. They are less interested in the drivers and who wins. Enjoy & Race, but PLEASE take the hill within your own limits and within the cars limits, especially if it is wet.

Click here to download a guideline check list.
If you have any questions at all or just want confirmation, please do not hesitate to call or PM me.
Is is just 3 weeks and 2 weekends away, so time to make sure you are ready.

HillClimbing is a very friendly sport, if you have any problems on the day there will be plenty of enthusiats willing to help you out. It is often a family day out with excellent picnic areas but don't take all your stress out on the Misses or she won't come again. Enjoy !!!
Firsts at
no avatar
User

alpine99

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:23 pm

Kent

Postby alpine99 » Mon May 14, 2007 5:51 pm

Following on from Simon`s guidelines, the venue itself.

Whilst I haven`t competed at Prescott, I have driven up the hill. Not sure what it will be like in the GTA but for what it is worth, a few thoughts:

At the start, line up on the left and aim straight for the marshals post which you can see on the outside of the track where the fast lefthander (Orchard) starts, suggest either 2nd or 3rd gear and hold it until the right hander (Ettore`s).

Take Ettore`s in 2nd gear and I recommend a late apex as you want to come out of the corner on the inside to straightline the kink which is in a dip on the way to the uphill hairpin left (Pardon) which should be taken in 2nd or possibly 1st , come to think of it, a three point turn in the GTA may be required. Pardon is another late apex and after that, if I recall correctly there are no further run off areas, it is either Armco or wall so caution recommended.

I think the Esses are under trees and it might be greasy if wet. Take the Esses in 2nd and on coming out of the final left hander which takes you on to the short straight up to Semi Circle there is a grass verge on the right hand side of the track. If you put 2 wheels on the grass, I believe it is recommended that you lift off as those brave souls who leave their foot in can get dragged down into the ditch.

The right hander at Semi Circle is the scariest corner on the climb. There is no Armco and a steep drop awaits those who either understeer or disappear off backwards attempting to adjust speed half way round. 2nd gear, slow in fast out recommended.

After the finish line there is plenty of space for slowing down before turning left onto the return road back to the paddock.

Please walk the course before practice and feel free to ignore any of my recommendations. Drive as fast or as slow as you want and remember there is no chance of holding up proceedings even if you drive well within yourself. A clean run is what everyone wants to see.

See you all on the 27th

Iain Black
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue May 15, 2007 12:10 pm

Ok folks, the "Final Instructions" have been published and a copy should have arrived on your doorstep by now with your entrance tickets.

WOW, what a great array of cars, as well as all the Alpines, Renaults, Bugattis, Pugs and Citroens, there are also loads of pre-war cars including a 27 litre Hispano-Delage. Should be a great day out.
Firsts at
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Wed May 16, 2007 10:43 am

And for those that want to try and "learn" the hill in advance, select no. 17 from this-list-here
HOWEVER, this article has been written for a single seater car and can only be read as "a guide" but it does give some good impressions, and it compliments many of Iain's comments too.
Firsts at
User

Stunned Monkey

Rank

Non Member

Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:24 am

Nr Chippenham, Wiltshire

Postby Stunned Monkey » Wed May 16, 2007 11:55 am

The UK Venturi contingent will also be present. Here's a mail I received yesterday (slightly edited to remove location/direction info!)
----
Hi Venturi-ists,

Just to confirm a few matters for the weekend including a quick reminder of the itinery for La Vie Bleu event at the Prescott Hillclimb.

Prescott Hill Climb, based just outside of Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, is home to one of the world’s most prestigious motor racing venues. Set in 60 acres of glorious Cotswold countryside, the estate not only provides a beautiful setting for a range of classic car and bike weekends, but also hosts major motor racing championships. The 1127 yard course rises over 200 feet via short straights, fast and slow corners and a breathtaking hairpin, with the fastest modern racing cars completing the course in an exciting 36 seconds. Prescott is ideal for informal picnicking, with many excellent walks available across the estate and into the surrounding countryside. Prescott Lodge food terrace & restaurant are open throughout each event. Its a very well organised event.

The action can be viewed from strategic points along the course as well as from the restaurant terrace. There will be more than 133 competing cars with legendary names like Delage, Amilcar, Panhard Levassor, Talbot, Chenard Walcker, Delahaye, Lagonda, Alpine, Renault, Peugeot etc.. These are just a few. The list for the whole weekend is huge. It includes a Bugatti Veyron and 2007 F1 Renault.

It's all action on Saturday with Championship Hillclimbing for all makes. Then on Sunday it's French Cars only. The whole event, organised by the Bugatti Owners Club, will have a French theme with a wide variety of attractions including a Renault F1 car running on the Hill.

You should endeavour to arrive before 11am on either day to be admitted and shown to our Venturi parking area. (Only Venturis please) I've organised a space for 4-6 cars but I only know of mine so far! Could you let me know asap if you are likely to make it. It would be a good opportunity to put some faces to names.

Last plea...does anyone have a flag or a big Venturi sign we could display on the stand? My colouring pens have been confiscated.
Martin - PRV Tinkerererer
www.delorean.co.uk
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Wed May 16, 2007 3:34 pm

still wishng i could attend :x
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Wed May 16, 2007 5:37 pm

And have you seen the newly constructed Bugatti web site :?:
http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/index.html
Should be a rather good day out
Firsts at
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

ACCOMMODATION

Postby stephendell » Fri May 18, 2007 3:05 pm

If you don't fancy camping, there is a special club rate at the Thistle Cheltenham. Approx 9 miles from Prescott.

£67.50 room only. Double bed.

Just let me know if you want a room.
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:43 pm

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Sat May 19, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi All,
What are the arrangements for Prescott regards arrival for those who are only competing on Sunday!.
I am planning to get there on Friday afternoon/ early evening but I am not sure if my allocated paddock space is use on Saturday or not and thus uncertain if I am able to unload and place it in its slot, or have we got an area set aside for Saturday?
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Sun May 20, 2007 12:40 am

AFAIK if you are not competing on Saturday your paddock space will be in use by someone else on that day.

All the competition cars that arrive on Friday/Saturday should be displayed on the Club stand instead until the paddock is free on Sunday.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Mon May 21, 2007 12:40 am

no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Mon May 21, 2007 7:30 pm

Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
Next

• Advertisement