Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

WSR Donington 2006 9-10th September

Postby stephendell » Fri May 19, 2006 11:51 am

RENAULT HERITAGE AT THE WORLD SERIES BY RENAULT
In Association with the Renault Alpine Owners Club

WSR DONINGTON 9th & 10th SEPTEMBER 2006

Dear Renault Enthusiast,

The World Series by Renault at Donington is the ninth meeting in the Renault Histoire & Collection Trophies and 2006 Club Challenge. It will take place at the Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit in the United Kingdom on September 9-10, 2006

Official collectors' events are organised by Christian Schmaltz and his team at Renault Histoire and Collection (Renault Heritage in France) at many WSR events in Europe. The team from Renault Heritage will not be attending the WSR Donington meeting this year but are sending a display of vehicles from the collection. You will be welcomed by Renault UK, Renault Sport and representatives from the Renault Alpine Owners Club who are collating entries for all the UK Renault clubs.

WSR entry tickets are free. They entitle you to park in the public parking area, enjoy all of the racing and qualifying and visit all the exhibition areas. You can obtain these tickets free of charge from any Renault dealer.

However to park in the collectors' (club) exhibition area and participate in the additional collectors' events you must pre-register.

Highlights include parade laps of the circuit (subject to availability) and automatic entry into the Meguiars concours.

There will be two collectors parades currently 12:25pm Saturday and 10:50am Sunday but these are subject to change.

You will find all the information you need here: http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/Events.htm

This includes:

 A fact sheet that should answer any general questions you may have

 Information regarding the additional collectors' events.

 The registration form - to be returned by 1st September

If you are on the Renault Histoire and Collection mailing list or have registered for the 2006 Trophy or Club challenges you will also receive a copy of this information by post.

Once registered you will receive a vehicle pass and any relevant additional information closer to the time of the event. Places are limited especially for the parade laps so don't put off registration until the last minute.

This year there is no fee to participate in the day time collectors' events. Registration and all activities are free.
The only exception is the optional evening event planned for Saturday night.

Eligible vehicles for exhibition are all Renault Sport, Renault Alpine & Classic Renault vehicles.

e.g. All Pre 1970 Renaults, R8S, R8G, R12G, R17G, R5G, Alpine A110, A310, A610, GTA, Clio 16V, Clio Williams, Clio 172, Clio 182, Clio V6, 5GT Turbo, R9T, R11T, R21T, R25T, R5 Turbo 1 & 2, Megane Sport Coupe, Megane 225, Spider etc. This list is not exhaustive.

Certain Renault powered models are also acceptable. Please ask for approval or advice if you are unsure.

Members of the Renault Alpine Owners Club, Renault Classic Car Club, Renault Sports Club, Renault Owners Club, Renault Freres, Renault Turbo Owners Club, Club Alpine Renault, Renault Performance Car Club, Renault 21 Turbo Owners Club, Club Clio, Clio Sport, Clio Trophy & Williams Clio Owners Club already have members registered or have been invited to participate. If I have missed anyone please let me know.

Remember you'll find all the information and registration forms you need on the events page or in the forum at www.renaultalpine.co.uk

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch by phone or email:

mail@renaultalpine.co.uk
02073946801 or 07956495773

Hope to see some of you there!

Best Regards

Stephen Dell
www.renaultalpine.co.uk
Last edited by stephendell on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Fri May 19, 2006 12:52 pm

One of last year's high lights was seeing the Donnington collection & mueseum, I plan to be there........ just to see if my Toyos are better than the Yokos on the circuit?
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Sat May 20, 2006 6:24 am

full programs can be found here and clicking on the meetings tab

http://www.renault-sport.com/en/world_series/

enjoy .... for those who haven't been before and for those who have I hope it doesn't rain as much as last year!
:?
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:49 pm

Stephen,
I just got home, exhausted.
A fantastic weekend away and good to meet up with so many fellow owners.
Put your feet up this week, you truely deserve it.
Simon.

PS: looking forward to seeing a load of pictures,
I'm sure other attendees will post links to their pictures.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

Dave77

Rank

Non Member

Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:13 pm

Wigan

Postby Dave77 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:19 pm

Had a cracking weekend, thanks to everyone who sorted the collectors area, looked superb all together like that, old & new. My pics are just uploading now, will pop a link up when they're done :D
User

Dave77

Rank

Non Member

Wigan

Postby Dave77 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:03 am

User

al

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:15 pm

Yorkshire

Postby al » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:24 am

Thanks to RUK for organising the event and Stephen and the RAOC for a fantastic day infield!!

The parade lap was absolutely fantastic, pity it was spoiled by a couple, and those R21's in front of me were QUICK!!

Thanks again for a great day!!

Al
User

Dave77

Rank

Non Member

Wigan

Postby Dave77 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:05 pm

I made a little vid too of some footage I got...

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=7739221431565060787

• Advertisement