User

Alan Moore

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:04 pm

Brisbane Australia

Wtd RHD GTA Air cond evaporator

Postby Alan Moore » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:19 am

As I have moved one of your flock to Queensland in Australia, and it is over 30 degrees for 6 months of the year, I would like to fit air cond to my GTA.
The compressor and condenser are no problem, but it would be nice to fit the original evaporator rather than try to fit something from another vehicle with the associated problems of space, air flow, etc.
Thanks,
Alan.
GTA V6 Turbo
Renault 4CV 16TS Power
BMW 2002 Tii M3 Power
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:59 pm

Hi Alan

Sorry I didnt respond to your last email, as it kept coming back as undelivered!? Anyway, I havent got one, sorry!

David
no avatar
User

Alan Moore

Rank

Non Member

Brisbane Australia

Postby Alan Moore » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:29 am

Thanks David. I was just putting it up on this site in the hope of someone having an unrepairable GTA with one in, that they were willing to part out.
GTA V6 Turbo
Renault 4CV 16TS Power
BMW 2002 Tii M3 Power
User

turbodog

Rank

Non Member

Wed May 05, 2004 5:57 pm

NORTH WALES

air conditioning for gtas

Postby turbodog » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:04 pm

The air conditioning fitted to right hand gta's was retro fitted by a firm called Reader Air Conditioning of Woking, Surrey. Tel.no. 01483 726300. The cars were sent over from France with the front to rear pipes installed and capped and should you have required air con when you ordered your car the car was sent to the above for it to be installed prior to delivery. This firm still has all the parts to complete an installation into a gta as they designed the system in conjunction with Renault. If you contact them I'm sure they can fix you up!
Andrew
no avatar
User

Alan Moore

Rank

Non Member

Brisbane Australia

Postby Alan Moore » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:35 am

Thanks Andrew.
My car has the pipes already fitted. I will give them a call this week, and see what can be done. I appreciate though, that GTAs have not been available new for 14 years, and possibly parts and knowledge may be long gone.
GTA V6 Turbo
Renault 4CV 16TS Power
BMW 2002 Tii M3 Power
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:35 pm

Unfortunately Barry at Reader has no evaporators left and has thrown all of the moulds away. Also someone purporting to be a member of the GTA Owners Club :? has taken all the blower motors and these are now irreplaceable. So please don't phone him and ask for a kit, there are none available.

HOWEVER

We have spoken at length and if I can get enough interest he is prepared to re-design and re-manufacture a complete new improved kit for the GTA. Remember this is the man who designed the original system and he is confident that he can improve on this.

The cost would be around £1000 per car + a share of the development costs which could be another £200-£300 per car. If you are interested please let me know ASAP. I will need a deposit from everyone before they will start.

At present they can start work immediately, but if we leave it until after May they cannot start again until next winter. So if you are interested let me know ASAP.

Worth it just to get rid of that nasty flimsy chocolate box plastic cover in the luggage compartment!!

• Advertisement