New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

SirT

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 am

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby SirT » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:39 am

[/quote]

Just a note, at 2600 miles I had to top up my coolant as it was on Min. The n/s one. Filling to o/s one looks a bit tricky.[/quote]

so just hit over 2,000 miles in mine and checked water levels again after the above comment and mine on min now also.
So topped up :)

loving the car :)[/quote]

There seems to be a vast choice of coolants available. The manual says only use products approved by the technical dept - very helpful as usual - so any suggestions?

I always just used water in the past but I'm guessing that's not a good idea....
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby bcr5784 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 am

SirT wrote:

Just a note, at 2600 miles I had to top up my coolant as it was on Min. The n/s one. Filling to o/s one looks a bit tricky.[/quote]

so just hit over 2,000 miles in mine and checked water levels again after the above comment and mine on min now also.
So topped up :)

loving the car :)[/quote]

There seems to be a vast choice of coolants available. The manual says only use products approved by the technical dept - very helpful as usual - so any suggestions?

I always just used water in the past but I'm guessing that's not a good idea....[/quote]

I checked mine too - less than 900 miles - and guess what? NS reservoir at minimum, OS one a bit above. Given that everyone so far seems to be finding the same thing I'm rather suspecting that the car just expels any excess above those levels the first time it gets hot. My 981 Porsche did exactly the same thing - it was a complete waste of time topping up the level above minimum. Has anyone rechecked the level since topping up - and what was their finding? I deliberately didn't top up but I'll be keeping a close eye on the level to see if drops any further.
no avatar
User

Laikathedog

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 pm

London, uk

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby Laikathedog » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:53 am

Picked up yesterday... 168 miles so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Laikathedog on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:55 am

Only had my car a day. Main annoyance so far (apart from the useless MySpin system) is the stop-start system which seems to get its knickers in a twist in the same location every time.

There is an upward incline to my electric gates and when I stop there, the stop start turns the car completely off but leaves it in neutral with the yellow engine symbol lit (it would roll back if I took my feet off the brake), requiring me to press the start button again to get it going.

Not sure why it is doing this. My initial guess is that the incline is right between 'no hill hold assist required' and 'hill hold assist required' making the car get confused. Anyone any other ideas?

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Postby Prestonese » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:10 pm

That happened to me a few times in the first few days but it's not happened since. I find that you have to give the SS a chance to either switch on or off by being consistent with your braking or starting. The few times it had this glitch was when I was hesitating between stopping and going and then ultimately stopping.

By the way, whilst I'm here does anyone know the exact dimension of the star / allen key tool that is required for adjusting the seat height?

Thanks in advance!
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Prestonese wrote:
By the way, whilst I'm here does anyone know the exact dimension of the star / allen key tool that is required for adjusting the seat height?

Thanks in advance!

I think it's a T40 - but the biggest I have is a T35 (which fits but is a bit loose) so can't be sure. Keys generally come in sets so if you cover T35 and T40 you should be fine.
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:22 pm

cloudburst wrote:Only had my car a day. Main annoyance so far (apart from the useless MySpin system) is the stop-start system which seems to get its knickers in a twist in the same location every time.

There is an upward incline to my electric gates and when I stop there, the stop start turns the car completely off but leaves it in neutral with the yellow engine symbol lit (it would roll back if I took my feet off the brake), requiring me to press the start button again to get it going.

Not sure why it is doing this. My initial guess is that the incline is right between 'no hill hold assist required' and 'hill hold assist required' making the car get confused. Anyone any other ideas?

CB

I've had a couple of odd moments with the Stop/Start but had the same problems with my wife's Golf so it's most probably me! Give me a key to turn and an engine that stays on until I tell it not too....anyday!
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Prestonese wrote:That happened to me a few times in the first few days but it's not happened since. I find that you have to give the SS a chance to either switch on or off by being consistent with your braking or starting. The few times it had this glitch was when I was hesitating between stopping and going and then ultimately stopping.

Thanks in advance!

I was advised that the seat bolts are single use presumably they have a loctite type product on them to stop them coming loose.
May be worth using some loctite when reusing.
Its all about the corners. :A610
no avatar
User

Blackbess

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Postby Blackbess » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:32 pm

cloudburst wrote:Only had my car a day. Main annoyance so far (apart from the useless MySpin system) is the stop-start system which seems to get its knickers in a twist in the same location every time.

CB

Isn't there a button to turn the Start-Stop system off ? My father drives a cheap Dacia and He can turn the system on and off !
no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Postby Prestonese » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:56 pm

hmy7k wrote:
Prestonese wrote:That happened to me a few times in the first few days but it's not happened since. I find that you have to give the SS a chance to either switch on or off by being consistent with your braking or starting. The few times it had this glitch was when I was hesitating between stopping and going and then ultimately stopping.

Thanks in advance!

I was advised that the seat bolts are single use presumably they have a loctite type product on them to stop them coming loose.
May be worth using some loctite when reusing.

I wasn't aware of that. Good job I haven't tried that yet. There are so many ways to make the seat adjustment easier - they have pretty much chosen the most difficult option.
no avatar
User

Hotwheels

Rank

Non Member

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Surrey

Postby Hotwheels » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Today at Goodwood
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

jimbobc

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Postby jimbobc » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Hotwheels wrote:Today at Goodwood

I was there too but not in my A110 (a lousy Ford Ka courtesy car but that is another story!). What did you think?
no avatar
User

Hotwheels

Rank

Non Member

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Surrey

Postby Hotwheels » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 pm

It was good, enjoyed the hot lap in the cup car and getting my car on track was cool :D
no avatar
User

Laikathedog

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 pm

London, uk

Postby Laikathedog » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:28 am

20181016_095729.jpg
20181016_120845.jpg
20181017_072639.jpg
20181017_072715.jpg

Lesson learnt; you can push very hard in an Alpine...
Looks good in orange with a dark kamm tail

The berlinette is still my favourite... but the new alpine is sublime.
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:01 am

Hi guys,

Just a quick one to say thanks to everyone who made it across to La Piste Bleue yesterday. It looked like everyone had a great time and enjoyed their drives.

It was great to have met so many owners and chat about your experiences in the new A110.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on the day, or any suggestions I can discuss with Marco for any improvements.

Sorry we're missing John Fuggles from the picture... he'd already slid out of the side door to get to the theatre!Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
PreviousNext

• Advertisement