New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby reprs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:16 pm

3100 miles now and all's well (apart from the cracked screen passenger side lower corner which I understand may be a stress fracture...waiting for a resolution).

Off to Llandudno tomorrow so will be watching Wales Rally GB and trying not to take part :angel so I'll be adding another 450 miles! I should be being paid as a test driver!
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Postby Griff500 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:14 pm

reprs wrote:3100 miles now and all's well (apart from the cracked screen passenger side lower corner which I understand may be a stress fracture...waiting for a resolution).

I for one would appreciate any further update on this. Did the crack appear suddenly or gradually? Did you hit a pothole or anything? If it is a stress fracture, stress from what? I have experience of several TVRs with delaminated windscreens, always lower corner, due to the fact the windscreen was the stiffest part of the bodywork, and therefore took the the stress of body flex. I would not expect this to be the case with the Alpine, but it does sound odd.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:13 pm

Griff500 wrote:
reprs wrote:3100 miles now and all's well (apart from the cracked screen passenger side lower corner which I understand may be a stress fracture...waiting for a resolution).

I for one would appreciate any further update on this. Did the crack appear suddenly or gradually? Did you hit a pothole or anything? If it is a stress fracture, stress from what? I have experience of several TVRs with delaminated windscreens, always lower corner, due to the fact the windscreen was the stiffest part of the bodywork, and therefore took the the stress of body flex. I would not expect this to be the case with the Alpine, but it does sound odd.

DidZ has posted about this back on page 7 of this thread.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:49 pm

Griff500 wrote:

I believe there are a few in France with a similar problem which may be a pressure point on the screen from the aluminium frame but waiting for confirmation.
no avatar
User

jimbobc

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Postby jimbobc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:36 pm

It was only 2 weeks ago today that I read about the Premiere and how it have no chance of finding one and a 12 mth wait for another model. Wind on to yesterday and I picked up my brand new Alpine bleu car from Glasgow. With a 355 mile journey home I think the car is amazing. I got the nice cover but thought Premiere owners got a gift pack? What was in it as I heard you get a book and model car?
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:03 am

I got a book which is very interesting, I don't know about a model, although they were on display at the dealers.

Is yours a showroom car, I expect they will be selling them off soon as the Pure and Legend will be in the showrooms before long.
Its all about the corners. :A610
no avatar
User

SirT

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 am

Postby SirT » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:16 pm

There is apparently one book per car so everyone should get one. Make sure you get it as it's a really nice book.

There is also a box containing the Michelin Guide to Main Cities of Europe and a miniature A110 1/43 scale (think Dinky Toys) which is very accurate and looks delightful sitting on the desk. There's also a little bag containing a logoed USB lead with mini USB and Lightning on the other end.

I'm hoping Alpine will do lots of events to invite us to, using the fact that we owners are probably their best brand advocates to help spread the word.
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Postby Griff500 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:25 pm

jimbobc wrote:It was only 2 weeks ago today that I read about the Premiere and how it have no chance of finding one and a 12 mth wait for another model. Wind on to yesterday and I picked up my brand new Alpine bleu car from Glasgow. With a 355 mile journey home I think the car is amazing. I got the nice cover but thought Premiere owners got a gift pack? What was in it as I heard you get a book and model car?

There are currently 9 UK models for sale on Pistonheads, registered, but with low mileage and above list. Clearly a few people trying to make a few quid.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:17 pm

I got the same as sirT. I actually got the book before I'd committed to buy and paid up - so it's just possible the odd one has gone missing. Personally I didn't find it that great - the odd interesting detail I didn't know about (but I have been waiting 18 months and picked up most interesting snippets already) - but if you haven't been following the development that closely you will likely find more in it than I did. A bit arty farty airey fairy in places - a criticism I would make of much of the advertising material of Alpine.
I don't know whether all countries got the same goody box - it was far larger than its contents dictated.
no avatar
User

SirT

Rank

Non Member

Postby SirT » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Off to Italy tomorrow and it occurred to me I should have a phone number for Assistance in case of any faults or problems. I'm sure I've seen the number somewhere but can't think where.
Anyone?

TK
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:29 pm

SirT wrote:Off to Italy tomorrow and it occurred to me I should have a phone number for Assistance in case of any faults or problems. I'm sure I've seen the number somewhere but can't think where.
Anyone?

TK

It's on the sticker on the top LHS of the screen on my car. Don't know whether that's standard. If not I can see what it says .
no avatar
User

SirT

Rank

Non Member

Postby SirT » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:48 pm

I don't have any stickers on the screen - I'm thinking maybe on the inside of the door, will check tomorrow. I have Green Flag but haven't changed the car so they'll be looking for a red Merc.....
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:30 am

The European roadside assistance number is 0033426737828 (the UK one is 03301591488)
no avatar
User

olliep

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am

Postby olliep » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:30 pm

reprs wrote:
LMS wrote:
olliep wrote:Quick question for owners been for a good ride out in mine today and kept stopping and taking some pictures while leaving car running while doing this. so a few mins each time. noticed the front fan only ever kicks in for a few secs then cuts out. then 10sec later kick back in for about 2 secs does this constantly temp sits in middle of the gauge @ 100 ish does this constantly.
when driving seems to sit low lower at 80. just wondered what ever one else front fan does when idling for 5 mins?.

Hi Ollie,
can't confirm the fan timing but can confirm that mine,when idling after a 10minute drive on an already warm engine, moved to 101 on the temp gauge. I turned it off after a few minutes rather than stress the system but it wasn't going any higher. Once on the move again it soon dropped to 80ish. Force of habit with owning classics is the constant temp/pressure check!!

KR
Andrew

Just a note, at 2600 miles I had to top up my coolant as it was on Min. The n/s one. Filling to o/s one looks a bit tricky.

so just hit over 2,000 miles in mine and checked water levels again after the above comment and mine on min now also.
So topped up :)

loving the car :)
no avatar
User

Braemar

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby Braemar » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:54 pm

11A411B9-3569-45C9-B8BA-44896784B486.jpeg

11A411B9-3569-45C9-B8BA-44896784B486.jpeg

Out with some Alpine friendly Porsche owners around Perthshire today .

A110 more than happy in this company and a big thumbs up from the Porsche Owners
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement