New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby hmy7k » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:15 pm

I had a 1972 Porsche 911 2.4S a few years ago and the Alpine beats it on every level except the engine noise when the 911 was screaming, that used to make me grin.
Its all about the corners. :A610
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:56 am

hmy7k wrote:I had a 1972 Porsche 911 2.4S a few years ago and the Alpine beats it on every level except the engine noise when the 911 was screaming, that used to make me grin.

Hard to beat the sound of a 911 at 4000 rpm but the Alpine does a fine job for a 1.8!
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:06 am

olliep wrote:Quick question for owners been for a good ride out in mine today and kept stopping and taking some pictures while leaving car running while doing this. so a few mins each time. noticed the front fan only ever kicks in for a few secs then cuts out. then 10sec later kick back in for about 2 secs does this constantly temp sits in middle of the gauge @ 100 ish does this constantly.
when driving seems to sit low lower at 80. just wondered what ever one else front fan does when idling for 5 mins?.

Hi Ollie,
can't confirm the fan timing but can confirm that mine,when idling after a 10minute drive on an already warm engine, moved to 101 on the temp gauge. I turned it off after a few minutes rather than stress the system but it wasn't going any higher. Once on the move again it soon dropped to 80ish. Force of habit with owning classics is the constant temp/pressure check!!

KR
Andrew
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:42 am

LMS wrote:
olliep wrote:Quick question for owners been for a good ride out in mine today and kept stopping and taking some pictures while leaving car running while doing this. so a few mins each time. noticed the front fan only ever kicks in for a few secs then cuts out. then 10sec later kick back in for about 2 secs does this constantly temp sits in middle of the gauge @ 100 ish does this constantly.
when driving seems to sit low lower at 80. just wondered what ever one else front fan does when idling for 5 mins?.

Hi Ollie,
can't confirm the fan timing but can confirm that mine,when idling after a 10minute drive on an already warm engine, moved to 101 on the temp gauge. I turned it off after a few minutes rather than stress the system but it wasn't going any higher. Once on the move again it soon dropped to 80ish. Force of habit with owning classics is the constant temp/pressure check!!

KR
Andrew

Just a note, at 2600 miles I had to top up my coolant as it was on Min. The n/s one. Filling to o/s one looks a bit tricky.
no avatar
User

olliep

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am

Postby olliep » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:19 pm

yep i took the engine cover off last week and my levels are currently ok checked.
just used to a car that gets to mid on a gauge and stops there constantly (clio 182 Trophy and megane 275 trophy) most recently the gauge does not move (not noticeably) the alpine (might just be guage) seems to be never constant 75-100. think i just need to get used to it. :)

this time last week was still running in 300 miles on the clock, just hit 1100 on the way home tonight and loving it :)

RE: Dab yep its terrible (not got the radio on much at all though)
discovered if you HOLD the buttons on the audio stalk you can get up the
"Alpine monitor" bottom button on stalk
"Home Screen" Top button (media) on stalk

quick question does any one or has any one seen any technical details/drawings of the car?
i used to love looking through haynes manuals of cars i owned to see what went where.
just curious of things like what are the to rads either side of the main middle radator? and which is whitch? (i assume air con / oil for gbox?)
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Spotted at Thremhall Park nr Stansted Airport today.... hung around for owner but didn't see anyone with the car.
IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Postby hmy7k » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Was having a ferret in the engine bay today and I discovered this pipe going into the firewall on the passenger compartment.

From reading the Alpine book it appears this is part of the system they have devised to make the engine sound more sporty I am not sure if this is part of the sports exhaust or the standard. It appears to be on the air intake and presumably is where the induction noise derives from.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Blackbess

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Postby Blackbess » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:42 pm

hmy7k wrote:Was having a ferret in the engine bay today and I discovered this pipe going into the firewall on the passenger compartment.

From reading the Alpine book it appears this is part of the system they have devised to make the engine sound more sporty I am not sure if this is part of the sports exhaust or the standard. It appears to be on the air intake and presumably is where the induction noise derives from.

That was the first thing I found very disturbing in the Alpine's design. They could have gained a few pouns off the weight if they just left this stupid gadget behind. But hey, it's there and it didn't stop Me from ordering one anyway !!
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Postby hmy7k » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:50 am

I looks like you could remove part of it and blank it off.

I quite like the sound at the moment though.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:34 pm

can confirm fluctuating temperature.

In 50 mph traffic on m25/m20 gauge went up to 101 deg C on coolant. Presume fans then kicked in and it came down to 94.
When out of the traffic and running around 70mph the gauge dropped to 78-84 deg C. Will keep an eye on it but it seems they must all do this.
no avatar
User

SirT

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 am

Postby SirT » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:12 pm

I'm interested in getting the Nav info (next junctions) on the screen as mentioned earlier in the thread, but can't find how to do it. Have struggled with the manual only to find my eyes glazed over. Can somebody tell me how, pretty please?

TK
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:16 pm

In sport mode simply press the up/ down button on the end of the washer stalk to change the inner display in the middle of the Rev counter until you see yellow direction arrows. I think it merely shows a compass when the nag is not being used.
no avatar
User

SirT

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 am

Postby SirT » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:43 am

Aha I get it - many thanks. Running in I tend to be in Normal most of the time. 800 miles now though and will be wafting down to Italy next week so that should about complete the task.

TK
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:07 am

Hi guys,

First post in this thread but it's great to see so many familiar people and a decent Alpine community building out there.

Still here if anyone has any questions on anything and will keep you updated with future owner events I'm setting up.

Ian.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:34 am

I understand that Alpine have now announced a set of fitted luggage which I heard about some months ago. Anyone got any details - and especially price? I also hear from the FAR website that there is a wiring + camera upgrade kit. I have been previously told that it wouldn't be possible to retrofit a camera to a PE car - is this no longer true?
PreviousNext

• Advertisement