New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby AlpineMcr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:04 am

AlpineMcr wrote:Hi guys,

Just a quick one to say thanks to everyone who made it across to La Piste Bleue yesterday. It looked like everyone had a great time and enjoyed their drives.

It was great to have met so many owners and chat about your experiences in the new A110.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on the day, or any suggestions I can discuss with Marco for any improvements.

Sorry we're missing John Fuggles from the picture... he'd already slid out of the side door to get to the theatre!Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Check out some of my pictures from the day at:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpAushaFdcZ ... 0qdnuexz71

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7312852876

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Sounds like a good day would have loved to be there and had a drive in one!
But unfortunately Alpine in there wisdom did not really promote the event to the very people that might be interested in buying one i.e. the club members that have kept the brand alive on this forum under the events section.
I only live a short distance from the circuit over the years have spent a fortune on alpines 610, and building a Lemans and probably spent more than the cost of the new Alpine and potentially I’m interested in buying a new one, had my name down at Winchester for a test drive never had a reply back and now this l don’t know how other club members feel but its pretty poor.
no avatar
User

SirT

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 am

Postby SirT » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Seem to be a couple of events I didn't get invited too as well.
In any case I couldn't go as I'm in Italy, having wafted down through France and Switzerland in glorious weather accompanied by non-stop Tom Petty on the excellent Focal system - sheer joy. To find myself in my amazing car doing Lake Como's twisty lakeside road reminds me I must have made some good decisions somewhere along the line!
Last edited by SirT on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:32 am

Lake Como is probably my favourite Italian lake, we spend a lot of time traveling through Europe, and it has the most amazing driving roads with very little traffic in the main, which is why l would have left hand drive. It is ironic that French have produced a fantastic car but we now avoid driving through it now as there fuel prices are mad and the tolls are high, and now they have lowered the speed limit and the police are also fairly active with the radar as well. But luckily the really mega drives are not in France.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:21 am

SirT wrote:Seem to be a couple of events I didn't get invited too as well.
In any case I couldn't go as I'm in Italy, having wafted down through France and Switzerland in glorious weather accompanied by non-stop Tom Petty on the excellent Focal system - sheer joy. To find myself in my amazing car doing Lake Como's twisty lakeside road reminds me I must have made some good decisions somewhere along the line!

thumb_IMG_0301_1024.jpg

You were spotted a week or so ago by friends of mine who live in Italy and knew I was buying an A110. They said an identical one (on UK plates) had just passed them. They live near Lago Maggiore but I think they may have been travelling in Tuscany.

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Quick question for fellow owners. Where the engine cover panel meets the little internal window, there’s a strip of bodywork that is body coloured (blue in my case). Looks a bit unsightly. Is it normal or should there be some trim piece to cover it?

CB
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:03 pm

cloudburst wrote:Quick question for fellow owners. Where the engine cover panel meets the little internal window, there’s a strip of bodywork that is body coloured (blue in my case). Looks a bit unsightly. Is it normal or should there be some trim piece to cover it?

CB

There is a strip/tongue at the centre of the window which locates the engine cover. But in my case it is black (my car is blue too) so I would suspect that you may be missing a black plastic sleeve/cover which should cover the tongue.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Thanks - would you mind tskingva photo please?

CB
no avatar
User

SirT

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 am

Postby SirT » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:14 am

cloudburst wrote:You were spotted a week or so ago by friends of mine who live in Italy and knew I was buying an A110. They said an identical one (on UK plates) had just passed them. They live near Lago Maggiore but I think they may have been travelling in Tuscany.

CB

That was probably on my way in, going past Bellinzona. I get off at Lugano to get to my place on Lake Como.

TK
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:06 am

cloudburst wrote:Thanks - would you mind tskingva photo please?

CB

DSC00736.JPG[/attachment]DSC00734.JPG[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:51 am

Thanks a lot. Just been out to sort it. Nothing missing thankfully. Dealer had not replaced the cover properly and the entire leading edge was under the blue body strip. Thanks again.

CB
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Northern Ireland

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby cloudburst » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:47 pm

bcr5784 wrote:
SirT wrote:

Just a note, at 2600 miles I had to top up my coolant as it was on Min. The n/s one. Filling to o/s one looks a bit tricky.

so just hit over 2,000 miles in mine and checked water levels again after the above comment and mine on min now also.
So topped up :)

loving the car :)[/quote]

There seems to be a vast choice of coolants available. The manual says only use products approved by the technical dept - very helpful as usual - so any suggestions?

I always just used water in the past but I'm guessing that's not a good idea....[/quote]

I checked mine too - less than 900 miles - and guess what? NS reservoir at minimum, OS one a bit above. Given that everyone so far seems to be finding the same thing I'm rather suspecting that the car just expels any excess above those levels the first time it gets hot. My 981 Porsche did exactly the same thing - it was a complete waste of time topping up the level above minimum. Has anyone rechecked the level since topping up - and what was their finding? I deliberately didn't top up but I'll be keeping a close eye on the level to see if drops any further.[/quote]

I’ve only about 400 miles on my car but the coolant levels follow a similar pattern. Right hand side just above min and Left hand side at min or slightly below. I know you’ve been keeping an eye on yours and I will do the same. Any further news on that? And have you formed an opinion through similar monitoring of oil usage?

Thanks,
CB.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:19 pm

cloudburst wrote:[

I’ve only about 400 miles on my car but the coolant levels follow a similar pattern. Right hand side just above min and Left hand side at min or slightly below. I know you’ve been keeping an eye on yours and I will do the same. Any further news on that? And have you formed an opinion through similar monitoring of oil usage?

Thanks,
CB.

Now around 1000 miles - oil was at max at 900 miles, haven't checked it or water again yet - will do after next decent run. Still driving pretty gently so probably not a final indication of oil consumption.
no avatar
User

Trikster

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Postby Trikster » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Well strange experience today with the car - as usual the MySPIN was flakey, but then switching to the radio it was muted and none of the options would work and could get it to unmute, then it started playing random tracks off my phone - no amount of turning the radio/car on and off would seem to resolve. Then a nice stretch of bends provoked me to switch to sport mode (not track) and the car would not come out of manual mode - no great shakes but not as it should be.

After reaching my destination and leaving the car parked up for a few hours all was again right with the world.... v weird....
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Trikster wrote:Well strange experience today with the car - as usual the MySPIN was flakey, but then switching to the radio it was muted and none of the options would work and could get it to unmute, then it started playing random tracks off my phone - no amount of turning the radio/car on and off would seem to resolve. Then a nice stretch of bends provoked me to switch to sport mode (not track) and the car would not come out of manual mode - no great shakes but not as it should be.

After reaching my destination and leaving the car parked up for a few hours all was again right with the world.... v weird....

is it possible you have a very poor musical selection and the car is protesting? I have what is politely known as "an eclectic musical taste" which I understand can be shortened to "poor"
PreviousNext

• Advertisement