New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

PDCURTIS1

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:31 am

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby PDCURTIS1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 am

DAB reception, anyone else having issues... or any known fixes.
Mine is very intermittent
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:58 am

apex_mb wrote:Around 1100 miles to date, and a few more decent runs planned over the next few weeks. Every trip is an event, just never want to stop driving it - brilliant thing. A few minor niggles but certainly nothing to detract from all of the good stuff.

PSX_20180924_220944.jpg

Is anyone going to the Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble?

Bicester is just down the road so would have been good to meet up. Away for a few days unfortunately.
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Didz wrote:
reprs wrote:

I reckon I might also be winning in another category.....I have a cracked windscreen so will be on my second one soon! Bottom N/S corner, no stone chip so don't know how that happened. :thinking

Ehh, no, you're not the winner...
This problem has been raised on the French FAR forum early June. It might be related to a manufacturing process issue.
A few PE have been found faulty. Go through the FAR thread (you'll have to Google translate, though).
I suppose your Alpine dealer might be aware, not sure.

Google translate :

"Well then I have specific information, Alpine network source but I can not name to not embarrass the person (and no it does not come from my Alpine Center "usual"):
-There is a problem
-It does not touch all cars produced, but some only
-Alpine is rectifying it
-The problem comes from the windshield bay, despite the glued joint there are in some places a non flatness perfect of the aluminum at the level of the bearing surface of the glass and consequently the constraints which are exerted on the the windshield are poorly distributed which creates excessive tension in the glass and can evolve into cracks.
-A solution is applied in production, and for cars already produced there I advance myself perso, but actually a thicker glue joint could compensate for this non flatness"

https://forum.alpinerenault.com/viewtop ... pare+brise

Very interesting, I will keep the Forum posted with the response from Renault West London. I have a £95 excess which they should cover off then.
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Postby reprs » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:25 pm

PDCURTIS1 wrote:DAB reception, anyone else having issues... or any known fixes.
Mine is very intermittent

My DAB is also intermittent in a few local areas to home (Marlow, Bucks) but it was the same in my Jaguar XK a few years ago too so I'm not suprised.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:53 pm

It's the nature of DAB -all or nothing I'm afraid. Areas of weak signal just mean no reception rather than the fading/poor reception on a typical FM station.

There is a well known fix- there's a red button on the steering wheel marked "SPORT" or "Silence Poorly Optimised Radio Transmissions" which is then engaged by pushing the right foot to the floor or thereabouts. It applies a filter to the system eradicating the silence in DAB/distortion in FM.
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Postby reprs » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:56 pm

LMS wrote:It's the nature of DAB -all or nothing I'm afraid. Areas of weak signal just mean no reception rather than the fading/poor reception on a typical FM station.

There is a well known fix- there's a red button on the steering wheel marked "SPORT" or "Silence Poorly Optimised Radio Transmissions" which is then engaged by pushing the right foot to the floor or thereabouts. It applies a filter to the system eradicating the silence in DAB/distortion in FM.

Great answer!
no avatar
User

apex_mb

Rank

Non Member

Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Postby apex_mb » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:51 pm

bcr5784 wrote:Bicester is just down the road so would have been good to meet up. Away for a few days unfortunately.

Ah that's a shame, would have been good to meet up. It's a bit more of a trek down for me (300 mile round trip) but having seen photos and videos from the previous events it looks really good and we don't have much similar around here.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:07 am

I just heard that Tim from Alpine Solihull will be bringing his PE demonstrator to Bicester :-)

Owners club workshop will also be open for tea and biscuits later. About 10 miles from the Sunday Scramble.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:28 am

stephendell wrote:I just heard that Tim from Alpine Solihull will be bringing his PE demonstrator to Bicester :-)

Owners club workshop will also be open for tea and biscuits later. About 10 miles from the Sunday Scramble.

What a bummer that I will have to miss it - probably the first opportunity for a good group of UK owners to have a chin wag.
no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Postby Prestonese » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:34 pm

I'm up for Bicester. Am trying to re-arrange my schedule for it but it's looking positive!
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:29 am

I have a stone chip on the front bumper, what a pain.

I have therefore decided to go a get ppf for the front of the car, its booked in for next week so I think its probably best not to use it much till its done.

Thats a shame as its beautiful weather at the moment for a spin.
Its all about the corners. :A610
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Postby reprs » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:24 am

hmy7k wrote:I have a stone chip on the front bumper, what a pain.

I have therefore decided to go a get ppf for the front of the car, its booked in for next week so I think its probably best not to use it much till its done.

Stone chips are a right of passage :up .
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:25 am

hmy7k wrote:I have a stone chip on the front bumper, what a pain.

Really sorry to hear that - can you get a smart repair done beforehand? The film won't hide the chip I'm afraid.
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:34 am

I did initially take that view but since having the car I have started to think otherwise hence the ppf.

Once you have a few then its ok but don't really want it get that far.

I am keeping this car, there is nothing else remotely like it that I would want to swap it for so I think its worth really looking after it.
And means you can drive it without worrying so much about it being pinged by a stone.

The ppf company are going to sort out the exisiting chip as its quite low down and fortunately not too prominent.
Its all about the corners. :A610
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Postby reprs » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:55 pm

hmy7k wrote:I did initially take that view but since having the car I have started to think otherwise hence the ppf.

Once you have a few then its ok but don't really want it get that far.

I am keeping this car, there is nothing else remotely like it that I would want to swap it for so I think its worth really looking after it.
And means you can drive it without worrying so much about it being pinged by a stone.

The ppf company are going to sort out the exisiting chip as its quite low down and fortunately not too prominent.

Couldn't agree with you more about the Alpine! I've sold my 2007 Porsche 997 Targa 4S day car AND my 1983 Porsche 911 RS Recreation Toy as the Alpine is both of them rolled in to one! 2700 miles in and I hope it all stays that way. :up
PreviousNext

• Advertisement