New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Re: New Alpine owners experiences and photos.

Postby LMS » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:30 pm

cloudburst wrote:
bcr5784 wrote:
SirT wrote:

Just a note, at 2600 miles I had to top up my coolant as it was on Min. The n/s one. Filling to o/s one looks a bit tricky.

so just hit over 2,000 miles in mine and checked water levels again after the above comment and mine on min now also.
So topped up :)

loving the car :)

There seems to be a vast choice of coolants available. The manual says only use products approved by the technical dept - very helpful as usual - so any suggestions?

I always just used water in the past but I'm guessing that's not a good idea....[/quote]

I used Renault type D - the neon green/yellow-looking stuff.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby LMS » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:15 pm

AlpineMcr wrote:
AlpineMcr wrote:Hi guys,

Just a quick one to say thanks to everyone who made it across to La Piste Bleue yesterday. It looked like everyone had a great time and enjoyed their drives.

It was great to have met so many owners and chat about your experiences in the new A110.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on the day, or any suggestions I can discuss with Marco for any improvements.

Sorry we're missing John Fuggles from the picture... he'd already slid out of the side door to get to the theatre!Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Check out some of my pictures from the day at:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpAushaFdcZ ... 0qdnuexz71

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7312852876

The twitter feed says "@Alpinecars UK customers and prospects were treated..." As the owners had to pay for the privilege presumably would-be owners (prospects) were "treated"??
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:57 am

Whilst the sun was out yesterday couldn't resist taking a few detail shots; I like the way they have personalised the car with branded headlights, wheels and brakes. Click on the pictures to get the high resolution version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Its all about the corners. :A610
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:11 pm

I hope they checked that Dellboy hasn't registered that logo first :sarcasm
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:48 pm

LMS wrote:
AlpineMcr wrote:
The twitter feed says "@Alpinecars UK customers and prospects were treated..." As the owners had to pay for the privilege presumably would-be owners (prospects) were "treated"??

Yes, prospects were invited to the event and paid for by the Alpine Centre's. These people were invited individually by each dealer for a morning or afternoon session.

Customers who had already taken delivery of their Alpine vehicles were invited along for the full day, at their own cost.

The event proved very popular with customers and enquiries and everyone enjoyed the opportunity to drive at Goodwood, whether they paid for the event or not.

no avatar
User

Trikster

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Postby Trikster » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:12 pm

Well, despite often talking with my dealer, Martins Winchester, about our track days and plans to track our Alpine (and also having a long chat about how we got married at Goodwood) not a single mention about that event - what a shambles..... would have loved to have taken our car out on that outing....
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Trikster wrote:Well, despite often talking with my dealer, Martins Winchester, about our track days and plans to track our Alpine (and also having a long chat about how we got married at Goodwood) not a single mention about that event - what a shambles..... would have loved to have taken our car out on that outing....
Again, invites were sent out by each dealer individually.

If there is anyone out there who is disappointed after not being offered the opportunity to go by an Alpine Retail Group Centre (Manchester, Solihull, Orpington and London West), please let me know by private message.

Alpine had put notifications through to each new owner of an A110 through the Alpine app and to owners of heritage vehicle through the usual social media channels and their website.

If anyone has issues with any of the other Alpine Centre's and a lack of an invitation, I would direct them to your Alpine representative. If you express your interest to attend future events, you're more likely to be invited.

no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Postby Prestonese » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:26 pm

I wasn't aware there was an invite list? I hate grumbling about these things but here goes...

Given the 100 or so PE buyers who put a deposit down early doors and made it viable for the UK I would have thought a few of them would have been given an invite to help develop band loyalty/identity?

The app is also not very useful in my view and the event could have been better publicised. I still get the Porsche magazine and the odd invites to wine and cheese evenings and test drive events. These are often publicised by post or email which I think it much more effective. Even if you have a huge app development budget.

The car is fantastic but sometimes creating brand loyalty goes a long way.
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:55 am

I knew about the Goodwood event via the App, a specific invite from my dealer and I saw it mentioned on forums.
I wasn't interested as my car would not have been run in by then.

I moved my order from one dealer to another because I wasn't getting any information. And now I feel well looked after and I have no complaints.
Likewise I use to be well looked after by my local Audi dealer, there was a really good chap there since he left they couldn't care less. Find a dealer that offers a better service, they are out there.

Anyway stop moaning and go and drive the car, that will put a smile back on your face.
Its all about the corners. :A610
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:04 am

That seems a little “tight” to charge owners but give it to prospects for free...
There are only about 100 or so owners in the UK. A few discounted events at motor circuits would have been a nice idea...

I can go to goodwood under my own steam.

I think the car is great so I’m marketing for alpine anyway.

As for using the app, it wasn’t working for a long time so a lot of us don’t use it.

I’m still waiting to see what Alpine are going to do about a paint defect - I’m not the only one. Another owner has had his car back from being “fixed”
only to find there’s a ton of overspray....
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:50 am

LMS wrote:That seems a little “tight” to charge owners but give it to prospects for free...
There are only about 100 or so owners in the UK. A few discounted events at motor circuits would have been a nice idea...

As for using the app, it wasn’t working for a long time so a lot of us don’t use it.

I’m still waiting to see what Alpine are going to do about a paint defect - I’m not the only one. Another owner has had his car back from being “fixed”

I was surprised at the cost of the day at Goodwood and I would also add that I was a little disappointed too that owners who had waited nearly two years and put faith in the product from the beginning....and paid the price with no hesitation, were not offered this day as a thank you when I know "potential customers" were offered a morning or an afternoon FREE! 440 Euros plus another 220 Euros to bring my son seemed extortionate when I can get a full day at Bedford for £140! (I'd have to buy my own lunch though!). At least the dealers had fun though eh?

My paint is fine but I am still waiting for a resolution to the cracked screen.

My App hasn't worked for months now so I've deleted it.

Apart from that the car is still wonderful and I too am marketing it heavily for Alpine for free every day!
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:56 pm

reprs wrote:
LMS wrote:That seems a little “tight” to charge owners but give it to prospects for free...

I was surprised at the cost of the day at Goodwood and I would also add that I was a little disappointed too that owners who had waited nearly two years and put faith in the product from the beginning....and paid the price with no hesitation, were not offered this day as a thank you when I know "potential customers" were offered a morning or an afternoon FREE! 440 Euros plus another 220 Euros to bring my son seemed extortionate when I can get a full day at Bedford for £140! (I'd have to buy my own lunch though!). At least the dealers had fun though eh?

Apart from that the car is still wonderful and I too am marketing it heavily for Alpine for free every day!

Reponse from dealer...."Prospective customers whom we had struggled to get a road test with or could potentially buy a car were offered a test drive of only four laps on track. I had several customers there as well as two VIPs for the day and they had only a handful of laps each for their day at the track. Certainly not looking to upset anyone and if some people got a free day then that’s something I would like to know about for sure. Of course going all the way to Goodwood for one out, two fast and one cool down is not a full track day for sure and is something we will continue but it’s very much a chance to drive the car as a test not a track day per se."

Fair enough, but I still think it was a pricey offer to us owners.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Interested to know who qualifies as a VIP!!!
no avatar
User

Prestonese

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Postby Prestonese » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:50 pm

If it's similar to the process as Porsche then surely with my history of buying mundane Renault / Nissan products (I've owned 6 from new), I must be in with a chance of being a VIP! ;)
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:30 pm

reprs wrote:
reprs wrote:

Reponse from dealer...."Prospective customers whom we had struggled to get a road test with or could potentially buy a car were offered a test drive of only four laps on track. I had several customers there as well as two VIPs for the day and they had only a handful of laps each for their day at the track. Certainly not looking to upset anyone and if some people got a free day then that’s something I would like to know about for sure. Of course going all the way to Goodwood for one out, two fast and one cool down is not a full track day for sure and is something we will continue but it’s very much a chance to drive the car as a test not a track day per se."

Fair enough, but I still think it was a pricey offer to us owners.

Absolutely - I've had two FREE test days with lunch at the Porsche Experience Centre in their cars - and everyone who buys a new Porsche gets one. Have your car serviced or some minor fix and you get a Cayster/911/Macan etc as a courtesy car. Now I'm no Porsche fanboy, but if I'm paying Porsche prices for the cars, AND for accessories and options (and that seems to be the case), I expect Porsche perks. Personally I'd prefer Renault prices and no perks - but that isn't on offer.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement