no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Re: The new Alpine topic

Postby hmy7k » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:37 am

Didz wrote:The configurator is online, but only for the French market for now. Looks still under construction, but we can see
pictures of the P & L seats and other stuff. I rekon the PE seats with the large arrowed A at the center look better IMO.

https://config.alpinecars.com/

The seats are definitely not as appealing as the PE ones, they have removed a few bits of exposed metal and the quilting isn't as extensive. I imagine they have reduced the cost a bit.

I was reading through the Alpine book I was given when I collected my car, its very interesting and whilst it doesn't go into massive technical detail it does give an insight into the design methodology and the history.
Its all about the corners. :A610
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Looks like they have really cut back on the Pure for virtually no saving. Dissapointing, I would have thought the seats would have been the same. Premier Edition looking better value every day.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

apex_mb

Rank

Non Member

Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Postby apex_mb » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:07 pm

hmy7k wrote:
Didz wrote:The configurator is online, but only for the French market for now. Looks still under construction, but we can see
pictures of the P & L seats and other stuff. I rekon the PE seats with the large arrowed A at the center look better IMO.

The seats are definitely not as appealing as the PE ones, they have removed a few bits of exposed metal and the quilting isn't as extensive. I imagine they have reduced the cost a bit.

I was reading through the Alpine book I was given when I collected my car, its very interesting and whilst it doesn't go into massive technical detail it does give an insight into the design methodology and the history.

Love that book, I even ordered it before collection and then found out they were going to be giving them with the PEs...

With the seats, I could be wrong, but am pretty sure that the only difference between the PE and Pure fixed buckets is the lack of the embossed A logo. I think the ones in the above post are the adjustable seats, but fitted as an option on the Pure. They are the same shape as on the Legende, except for the quilting at least . The photo on the configurator isn't the best of these, but you can see how the quilting in the door panels is different in the Legende, which explains the different pattern in the seats too.

The photos are the Pure standard seats, and the adjustable ones.
Screenshot_20180930-203821~2.png

Screenshot_20180930-203839~2.png

Having said all that, the PE still looks great value compared to the Pure or Legende imo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Postby Griff500 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:37 pm

It seems the configurator released bears little resemblance to the options list Alpine have released for Pure and Legende. There are items in the configurator which are not on the options list and vice versa.

Hate to sound grumpy, but I am getting a little impatient with the lack of info from Alpine. I reserved my car in January (9 months ago) and still have little idea of when I will get the car. I would have though that having now built more than 1500 cars, Alpine would have a plan for final build rate, and could therefore predict delivery to within a couple of months. Questions to my french dealer are met only with a shrug of shoulders!
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Griff500 wrote:

It seems the configurator released bears little resemblance to the options list Alpine have released for Pure and Legende. There are items in the configurator which are not on the options list and vice versa.

Hate to sound grumpy, but I am getting a little impatient with the lack of info from Alpine. I reserved my car in January (9 months ago) and still have little idea of when I will get the car. I would have though that having now built more than 1500 cars, Alpine would have a plan for final build rate, and could therefore predict delivery to within a couple of months. Questions to my french dealer are met only with a shrug of shoulders!

You have my sympathy - I came close to cancelling my PE order as a result of the lack of communication. I'm very glad I didn't as the wait was worth it. The APP looked very slick to begin with but then wasn't used to update customers which was a missed opportunity.
no avatar
User

Laikathedog

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 pm

London, uk

Postby Laikathedog » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi
My PDI has overun. I was meant to take delivery on Sunday...

Is anyone else having PDI problems ??

I still don't have a delivery date and now have to use a courtesy car !!
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:41 pm

That sounds really odd.
My uninformed guess is that the car might have suffered a scratch at the dealers and they are trying to fix it before delivery...I hope this isn’t the case
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:31 am

Or if it wasn't registered in August there may be issues with WLTP.
Its all about the corners. :A610
no avatar
User

Laikathedog

Rank

Non Member

London, uk

Postby Laikathedog » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:40 am

WLTP ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:17 am

Laikathedog wrote:WLTP ?

The EU (and UK) changed the way manufacturers had to test and publish figures on co2 emissions and fuel consumption figures.

All customer P.E vehicles had to be registered by the end of August, before the change from NEDC testing to WLTP testing, on the 1st September.

Basically it's VW's fault but ultimately means the published figures will be more realistic in the future, so it's a good thing.

Special dispensations were out in place for showroom vehicles. Which will be sold and registered when Pure and Legende arrives at Alpine Centre's across the UK.

Let me know if you've got any other questions.

Ian

no avatar
User

Laikathedog

Rank

Non Member

London, uk

Postby Laikathedog » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:45 am

Registered in September :(
no avatar
User

olliep

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am

Postby olliep » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:20 pm

User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:53 am

Good spot :-)
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:43 am

Yes, good spot, thanks.
It's on Quest, channel 37 on Freeview on Saturday, 6th October at 17.00.
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
no avatar
User

apex_mb

Rank

Non Member

Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Postby apex_mb » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:49 pm

After the somewhat disappointing slot on Fifth Gear (was hoping for more), there's some great coverage in the new Top Gear and Autocar magazines.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement