User

Wrightbr

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:31 am

Kent

Window washer Motor

Postby Wrightbr » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Does anybody have the part number for a window washer motor and where to source one from. Or does anybpdy have one lying around that I could buy?

I bought a new one a few years back from Renault but they did not have one in for the gta, but told me that the clio one was the same. I bought it and it was not the same so I built one good one from the old unit and the new unit but that has now given up the ghost when I took the gta for a blast this afternoon!

Thanks,
Brad
alpine v6 turbo 1990
Alpine blue
31000 miles
Leather
Air Con
ABS

Family Car - Kia Picanto Chilli!
Noble M12
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:43 pm

Just looked it upin the parts list on this site under Tech Help, and it gives it as:- 77 04 002 215.
Hope this helps :wink:
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

Wrightbr

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:31 am

Kent

Postby Wrightbr » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Thanks a lot john much apreciated

Thanks Brad
alpine v6 turbo 1990
Alpine blue
31000 miles
Leather
Air Con
ABS

Family Car - Kia Picanto Chilli!
Noble M12
no avatar
User

observe

Rank

Non Member

Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:55 pm

Re: Window washer Motor

Postby observe » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:08 am

Would you be able to give me some advice on gaining access to the washer fluid motor as mine has failed too?

Presumably you need to extract the washer fluid tank itself out of the nose cone? On my GTA atmo it looks like the hydraulic fluid pipes need the pop rivets drilling out of the pipe locating brackets to move those out of the way first. Does this sound about right or is there a better way?
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:47 am

It’s a tight fit, but I got mine in and out with the pipe work in place. Just undo the rubber bungees and wiggle it,
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Lee is right it’s a tight fit you have to get a bit aggressive with it, the motor from memory is the same as a Renault 5, they’re cheap of EBay.
no avatar
User

Irish GTA

Rank

Non Member

Tue May 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Abingdon, Oxfordshire

Postby Irish GTA » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:36 pm

I bought one from an internet supplier and fitted it at the end of last year. The internal seal between the motor and pump section had failed causing the motor to sieze. I got one manufactured by Meat & Doria, part number 20162. This cross-referenced the correct Renault part number listed in the post above. It is a drop in replacement - after you have tugged like hell to pull the complete washer reservoir out of the nosecone with all pipes attached. The washer tank is very tough nylon and withstands a little deflection. It is easier to push back in.
Easy to find various similar makes on offer on internet. I chose M & D as it cross rererenced the original part and the connector was correct. There are others similar but with different electrical connector block shapes. Cost about £8.50 + VAT + postage = about £17. (Just Google Meat & Doria 20162 for a choice of suppliers).
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Just take out the boot liner if you have one and the washer bottle will slide out. As Lee says no need to remove the pipes.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

Alpine Tom

Rank

Non Member

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Sheffield

Postby Alpine Tom » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Just unhook and pull........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GTA roulette all in on a blue one!
no avatar
User

observe

Rank

Non Member

Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:55 pm

Postby observe » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:05 am

Thanks for the advice much appreciated. Being a bit forceful and wiggling it a bit side to side has done the trick - just didn't want to break anything.

Also, thanks for all the information on replacement parts. It seems that any single outlet pump for 5GTT, 9, 11, 21, 25 with sqaure / rectangle electrical connector (rather than later oval type) should do the trick.

• Advertisement