no avatar
User

Gyroo

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:03 pm

New version of the S on the way

Postby Gyroo » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:41 am

Hi, just had it confirmed by my Alpine dealer (who has just talked to the factory) that a new S will be launched probably during November. Also updates to the ‘standard’ cars.

Main change to the S will be a different, stronger gearbox with a limited slip diff. This is capable of dealing with higher torque so the increased 300ps should be felt lower down the Rev range. Also option changes - the carbon roof is going away. Likely to be a few £K price increase.

CarPlay and android auto will be available on new cars after this upgrade. Don’t know about retrofit.

Apparently the ‘pure’ and ‘legende’ differentiation and names will be going away with people able so spec whatever combo of seats/wheels/options they want.

I have an S on order. I’ve put it on hold so I can get an S2.

Cheers
DaveW
no avatar
User

jwf

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: New version of the S on the way

Postby jwf » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:12 pm

This is exciting news... the A110 is my daily driver and the poor ICE is a serious blot on an otherwise awesome experience. And just as my PCP is coming to an end :super

A couple of days back I saw this article https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2022-alpine-a110-spied that suggests a possible minor facelift - did your dealer mention anything about this?
no avatar
User

Gyroo

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:03 pm

Postby Gyroo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:11 am

Hi Jfw,

Nope no mention of any shape changes. He did say the options list was going to have a shake-up but the only specific thing mentioned was the carbon roof being dropped. Over on the French forum the opinion is that the ‘standard’ colours are likely to be refreshed. Also info from a dealer that the price increase will be €4K.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby JonT » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:55 pm

Gyroo wrote:Also info from a dealer that the price increase will be €4K.

Sounds good for residuals for existing owners!
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Sounds good the car didn’t need more Hp just more lower down grunt, hopefully they may have fitted a twin scroll turbo as I went a new mini recently which has a twin scroll and it was not short of amazing just instantaneous grunt like a big cube engine, looking forward to see the reports.

• Advertisement