jagcat12

Rank

Non Member

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 pm

speedometer stopped working

Postby jagcat12 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:59 pm

P1140970_LI.jpg
Hi again
Recently my speedometer started behaving erratically ,needle flicking all over the place and now not a twitch
I called in an auto electrician who does know the car and his finding that although there is power to the circuitry for the speedo there is no signal out to the speedo itself. I do have a spare binnacle and that was swopped over and that was the same .No signal out to the speedo. The connection in the attachment the plug overhangs one side or the other, which way is the over hang towards the driver or the front of the car?
Have searched the forum for solutions without success and see that the same fault seems to effect a lot of A610,s.
Any ideas what could be wrong and any solutions to try. Haven't tried the shock treatment by switching ignition off when driving.

Dave g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement