User

Oldskoolbaby

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Northampton

Ph1 Clio V6 Turbo

Postby Oldskoolbaby » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Haven't been on here long so I thought I'd start a project thread showing my clio and its development.

I bought the car 4 years ago as a completly standard example. After a string of bad luck running the car, it has over time pretty much had a full rebuild. The bodywork was 100% overhauled about 18 months back and is now a shiny shade of Nocturne. Last year turned out to be my first year of trouble free motoring which was great. However, now i want it to go faster. . . . . MUCH faster.

The plan was to keep it off the road for a year or two while I do my house up and enjoy a bit of time with my newborn son. Well thats all going well but it's meant I've now got the excuse to play with it in a big way. So two month ago the engine and crappy pk6 'box was binned. This all happened quickly once I was offered an ultra rare 6 speed Sadev box from a Trophy race car. The only problem is I've been let down wanting one of these before and I also considered it the only direct replacement that bolts to the LX7 engine. That was until Mr Dell informed me that the later venturi 300's used the L7X engine along with the well used and much trusted un1. So at this moment in time, I'm 100% the motor will be turbocharged but I'm not too sure if it will remain pointing east to west with the Sadev which I'm desperatly trying to get my hands on or north to south with a un1.
no avatar
User

davieuk

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Postby davieuk » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:23 pm

sure it will be great brett what ever way you choice to go buddy :D
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:41 pm

ther's nothing rare about sadev boxes they're used in alot of race cars, you don't see many on the 2nd hand market but you can order new no problem just need deep pockets....

depending on the BHP..... you'l need an ST90-14 which will bolt into the clio and will keep the engine transverse.
no avatar
User

Oldskoolbaby

Rank

Non Member

Northampton

Postby Oldskoolbaby » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Yeah generally on track they aren't anything new but tying to find an original trophy one has been a pain in the ass to be honest. The idea is to aim for 375-400hp. Seems Mike T's 'box lasted ok at near 500 so fingers crossed the one I'm hoping to get will too otherwise its a un1.
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Oldskoolbaby wrote:Yeah generally on track they aren't anything new but tying to find an original trophy one has been a pain in the ass to be honest. The idea is to aim for 375-400hp. Seems Mike T's 'box lasted ok at near 500 so fingers crossed the one I'm hoping to get will too otherwise its a un1.

i don't think the sadev will handle that sort of power you'll probably need to go transaxle and a cheap solution is a UN1
no avatar
User

Oldskoolbaby

Rank

Non Member

Northampton

Postby Oldskoolbaby » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:31 pm

andyh877 wrote:
Oldskoolbaby wrote:Yeah generally on track they aren't anything new but tying to find an original trophy one has been a pain in the ass to be honest. The idea is to aim for 375-400hp. Seems Mike T's 'box lasted ok at near 500 so fingers crossed the one I'm hoping to get will too otherwise its a un1.

i don't think the sadev will handle that sort of power you'll probably need to go transaxle and a cheap solution is a UN1

Really? Pretty sure the last clio that was supercharged (380bhp) and then turbocharged (nearlly 500hp) used a sadev. Initially the un1 'box may seem cheaper but realisticly by the time i've fitted the 6 speed upgrade, lsd and mapped the engine for flat shift its quite a pricy product. Lets not forget that I will still need to engineer a new engine mount solution, exhaust system, clutch flywheel package just to swing the L7X 90* the other way. Should be fun though!
no avatar
User

Oldskoolbaby

Rank

Non Member

Northampton

Postby Oldskoolbaby » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:15 am

Well its been a while since I've been on here and the project has changed quite a lot. Most will probably hate the idea but the car is currently being fitted with a 2.7 biturbo v6 from an Audi S4. I've changed the gearbox from a quattro 01E to a fwd 01E. I've spent the best part of a month drawing up plans and blue prints but after offering both engine and gearbox to car it is a PERFECT fit. The driveshafts on the transaxle line up perfectly with the wheel centers and the engine sits 20mm off the front baulkhead.with the non quattro 'box the standard bumper can also be retained. The engine is currently being converted to a single turbo which combined with other small mods will allow around 450 of ultra reliable hp.

• Advertisement