Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: new year new car gta v6 gt

Postby stephendell » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Yes and vinyl has come back lol
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:42 pm

I don't think the GTA has a turntable, but I'll have a look.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:34 pm

You could always fit one
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Atmo owner help needed....I’m stuck...after 6 month gap I’m back on the case and I could do with some help to get this car MOTd for Macon.

What I need is a picture of an atmo engine bay from an odd angle....down towards the starter and bell housing from above or even better the engine and subframe out of the car, right hand side.
John C has been really helpful on many things...but sadly I’m still stuck on one thing...a heat shield.
I think there should be a heat shield on the right side of the engine, in front of the one that goes above the starter, to protect the loom before it goes into the cross bell housing metal tube. It’s very close t9 the exhaust, all the other cables are heat resistant...leaving about 150mm of loom exposed,
John has provided me with a picture from underneath, so,I know there should be a shield there but I can’t find out how it’s mounted , or even spot how it should be fitted. I have shielding materials, but no idea how to attach them. You’d need to be a contortionist to get a better picture, but here’s hoping...
I suspect it’s attached the the subframe but it might be to the bell housing...google hasn’t turned anything up.
Can anyone help...or is there an atmo in Cambridgeshire or essex I can look at.
This is completely different on a turbo ..... :down

Thanks
Lee
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Lee, I don't know if this helps but it gives you an idea what shields are fitted as OE. If you can tell me which shield you are talking about, I will try and get a pic for you.

IMG_20180418_0001.jpg

Don't know why it has come out as a portrait as it has been attached as Landscape. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:34 pm

Lee ....... is this pic any use to you ? Looking at the parts pic (previous post) the screen number 27 which is for the Atmo could be the one you are looking for. However my heat screen, as per my photo, shows the screen is mounted with the fixing holes at the bottom, but I can't see what it is fixed to................ just wondering if it is attached to item 2 in the parts book as that is for the Atmo as well.

IMG_2035.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Re: new year new car gta v6

Postby mettersl » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Thanks again John....it’s number 27 that’s missing, but that picture makes it clearer.
Part 2 is the engine mount shield and I notice the two sides should be different, but mine are the same. I’ll have a look tomorrow and see if 27 could attach there or maybe the top of the engine mount itself.
It’s amazing...I have found lots of pictures of Turbo engines in this area...but none of Atmos...it must be because they don’t go wrong and maybe and don’t get removed so often... :shhh
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:28 am

Hi Lee may have them with all the old exhaust stuff I took off but not back until end of the month you could still get it through the Mot and fit later.
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:43 am

Lee ....... Whilst getting my Alp ready for Macon, I decided to lubricate the rear caliper sliders, and as I was underneath, thought about trying to get a better view of of how that shield was attached from under the car.
Below is a pic of it which shows that the shield has an extra piece doubling back from its "fixing holes" to be attached to what I believe is a "P" bracket attached to the bell housing. I can't get a better pic of it due to everything being in the way, but I hope this gives you an idea where and how the bracket is attached. :)

IMG_2036.JPG
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:36 pm

There are two atmos in the workshop at the moment, one standard and one modified if you want to pop over Sunday PM to take a look.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 pm

Thanks Stephen,
I’ve made some heat shields similar to the pictures so I think they will do for now, but I’ll be atmo spotting at the next event.
Car was running ok when I left it tonight, fingers crossed it’s the same tomorrow.
Lee
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:11 pm

Custard,
If you have an unwanted set of the real thing...that would be great.
Hope you are having fun in Spain?
Lee
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Milestone today...moved under its own power...admittedly only up some ramps but that’s a start.
Engine is starting reliably, mot booked on Saturday so let’s see.
A couple of questions....
Has anyone had a key cut recently? Do any of the high street shops have the blanks (especially the blanks for the combined plipper/key like the 610 has?

Windscreen wipers. I have now got proper parking, but a couple of issues with the passenger side wiper...it’s close to the scuttle plate so the spring under the arm is rubbing..andy suggestions to cure this?
More importantly the passenger wiper seems to have a limited arc compared to drivers side, it’s ok for mot, but parks and moves high up the screen only on that side. It there a guide anywhere on setting up the wiper mechanism....the guide on the Renault car manual is very sketchy ‘ make sure you set it correctly” is about all it says, but no instructions of dimensio s...does anyone have a better guide?
Thanks
Lee
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:44 pm

Well apart from moving them on the splines not to shore. You may need to pack some string when you take it to Macon so you can operate them Dad’s army stile from the side of the window.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Yep sounds like they're moving in the correct pattern so you could undo the bolt and re-seat on the splines by a notch or two.

I'd do one side at a time though.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement