User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Re: E200JVV GTA TURBO Resto

Postby clee » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Box has a huge toothed trigger wheel and if it was to be slack you;d be having more issues than no show go .I did question it myself though at one point so shoved a feeler in to make sure the wheel was there ....
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:54 am

clee wrote:Box has a huge toothed trigger wheel ....

That's right :up ...... See pic below, attached to LHS of item 2.
Which leads me to another thought that should be checked.
The face of the sensor needs to be very close to the toothed wheel in order to produce a meaningful sized pulse.
I see it is held in place with a small bracket ..... but is it possible that it is not fully home in the gearbox housing which is resulting in a larger than usual gap between the sensor and toothed wheel ? If I remember rightly, Ryan has had the engine out, therefore it is quite possible that the sensor has been disturbed, or even removed to facilitate engine removal, so if you have a minute sometime Ryan, perhaps it would be worth checking that it is fully home. I know it is a long shot, but still worth checking.
I have ordered a new sensor from Renault which I have offered to send to Ryan if all else fails .... that's assuming Renault still has the sensor. The Garage seems to think there is no problem getting it, so we wait and see.

1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 am

Postby turbell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:48 pm

In your face French wiring gremlins, Turbell 1 Alpine 0.......................
The fix?.......... not tellin'.............................................................it's all in the air gap. :Butt
Better a penniless free man, than a rich prisoner
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Last edited by MFaulks on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Postby turbell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:07 pm

As a gnats chuff..................... :o
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:13 pm

turbell wrote:The fix?.......... not tellin'.............................................................it's all in the air gap. :Butt

Glad to see this very elusive fault has been cracked. :up
I have to say I really did wonder if we were ever going to crack this one. :?
The reason I suggested in my post above that the sensors seating might not be quite right was that I was looking at the sensor in the parts list, checking part numbers having spoken to Renault Parts Dept, who came up with a later part number for the sensor. But looking at the image of it in the parts book, I noticed a groove around the sensor body .... see pic below to where the small screwdriver is pointing ..... which I thought was for the securing bracket to fit into. But wanting to be sure, I had a look at the sensor on my Alp and noticed that the grove was not for the bracket, but that the sensor was seating further in with the bracket pressing on the very end shoulder of the sensor. ...... Hence the post.
However that's not to say it was incorrectly fitted on this occasion, but that was my thinking.
And, Yes, the sensor is still available and I have one to add to my stock of parts .... just in case. :)

John
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:17 pm

Nice one, it's obviously all in the angle of your dangle.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:55 am

Good job Ryan ,Did you have to shave a little bit off ?
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Postby turbell » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:33 am

I think people are removing these sensors in the past and they are not getting replaced properly, JohnC has pointed out the recess people could be incorrectly taking as a point where the fingers locate, obviously making the gap way to much.
I can't say if that was what I had done because on a fully fitted up car on a jack, access is not great, but you need to push it right in so it is flush and I don't remember that final 'Pop' it did this time, most likely the O ring seating where it should.
The bracket is pants as well so I believe that is not getting put back as it should, a screen shot of the parts book would help as I think many cars will be missing a bush and the bracket may, due to the raised gearbox webbing when tighten do the opposite to what it's supposed to.
When you consider the CAS sensor fixing, and its importance then the same needs to apply to this, I'm not saying I will have found the Holy Grail, but when you are going through checking as you do I think this needs to be double checked.
I have made a new ally bracket modded a little with a spacer, perhaps RATS need to start production of a kit ! Just throw in some key words like upgraded, billet and lightweight hey presto £49.95 :angel
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:36 am

race ...you forgot Race ...that's always a good tagline :RATS2
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Postby turbell » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:40 am

Damn.....yes....laser cut is yesterday........water jetted gets more raised eyebrows......." cutting with water you say!"............. :crazy
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:03 am

It;s the future ...

Anyway ...If I understand you correctly the 'fix' is to put it in properly :Butt
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Postby turbell » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:13 am

clee wrote:It;s the future ...

Anyway ...If I understand you correctly the 'fix' is to put it in properly :Butt

Well................yeah..............but...........how did I know? ..........I mean.......anyone cudda'..........oh alright then yes..........put it in properly, no hang on, MORE properly!......race.....lightweight.....billet....laser..waterjetted.... :Butt
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:40 pm

Last edited by MFaulks on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Postby turbell » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:41 am

All being well the car is going into the paintshop in a couple of weeks, I am starting to strip it at home as much as I can then lowloader it down as it's not taxed anyway.
I have been running through my mind everything that will need to come off, and am happy with bumpers etc as these have been off before so know that all fasteners are free, but I don't want to take the glass out, so has anyone got experience of removing the rubbers in the rear quarter/engine bay sides and getting them back in, or a suitable replacement that can be pushed in after.
Also the weather strips on the tops of the doors, how do they come off, I can get the mirrors off and strip them as they have been in bits before, door push openers I can do, wipers and scuttle panel is free, indicators of course...........anything I have missed?

It's going to be doors off, shuts an' all, I just want to minimise risk of brakeage.
Not sure on transfers, It's going to OE pearl white but I don't know whether to leave it clean or transfer it as OE, plus there's the matter of to lacquer them in or not.
Don't think they are lacquered in now so I could add them later...................mmmmm ........................decisions decisions.......?!
PreviousNext

• Advertisement