User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Re: NEC CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW 10-12 NOVEMBER

Postby paulrob100 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 am

Just to say thanks to Stephen & John for organising passes for the weekend. I helped out on Friday & had a great day. I thought the stand looked great. Its a shame that we didn't have a new A110, lots of people asking about it. There's always next year!
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 am

Hi Gang,
Just for those that never see what goes on after the show closed, this is what Paul, Cynthia and my self ended up with, the next morning...

20171113_071155.jpg

20171113_073304.jpg

I always wanted to show my car at the NEC, but it's one hell of a draining experience. I don't think I will be so keen to do it again. Helping out on the stand for a few hours is ok, but all day as well as setting up and breaking down, is a mammoth task, loads of faffing and stress.
Never forget those that organise these events, try to help and give support when ever you can. For those that did... THANK YOU!
Be safe and I will see you once the winter is over, and it is safe to take the car back out!!
Regards
Vince..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:15 am

Yes well done gang, the stand looked great. I had quite a few "walk ups" yesterday on my stint enquiring about the new A110, also 2 or 3 that had put an order in which they were all excited about.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
no avatar
User

GeoffB

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Postby GeoffB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:17 pm

An excellent display, well done :up
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Have to agree with you there Vince. I was delighted to have my car there in 2012 but it really is a hard slog. Absolutely buggered by the Monday! My hat goes off to Stephen and everyone else who organises and puts the effort into these events. For what it's worth (and I admittedly have a slight bias) the stand was as good as anything else at the show. Your car looked fantastic too, along with all the other Alpines on display.

The Saint wrote:Hi Gang,
Just for those that never see what goes on after the show closed, this is what Paul, Cynthia and my self ended up with, the next morning...

20171113_071155.jpg

20171113_073304.jpg

I always wanted to show my car at the NEC, but it's one hell of a draining experience. I don't think I will be so keen to do it again. Helping out on the stand for a few hours is ok, but all day as well as setting up and breaking down, is a mammoth task, loads of faffing and stress.
Never forget those that organise these events, try to help and give support when ever you can. For those that did... THANK YOU!
Be safe and I will see you once the winter is over, and it is safe to take the car back out!!
Regards
Vince..
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 pm

I never stayed till the end before, nice to see hear all on their horns when the closing announcement is made.
not our hall but you get the idea:
https://youtu.be/6mMDyG4KcLk
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

ewan

Rank

Non Member

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Dorset

Postby ewan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:18 pm

It's always a great event and the Alpine stand was certainly as good as any. Lovely cars and interesting people made for an excellent day. Thanks go to Stephen and all those that bravely lent their cars and time.

Shame the new Alpine wasn't there though.
Previous

• Advertisement