no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat May 17, 2008 9:24 pm

If anyone from the London/essex/herts/cambs area is going and can take and bring home my folded up gazebo for me it would be much appreciated. i can drop it around one evening this week if there are any takers. thanks.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Sun May 18, 2008 6:03 pm

andyh877 wrote:yes u can pay on the gate

Sorry Andy, I know I can pay on the gate, what I meant to say was can I come on the club stand off spec without tickets etc or do I have to park in the public car park?
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sun May 18, 2008 7:54 pm

You can park in the Renault Heritage area.

OK here's an update for everyone:

Firstly to clarify this a TWO day event. Although the racing only takes place on place on Sunday, the French Club stands including the Renault Heritage Area will be open on Saturday.

This is especially relevant if you are a competitor as you won't get much of a chance to look around on Sunday when you are racing. In addition last year the scurtineers carried out noise tests and pre-inspections on Saturday so there was time to rectify any problems.

So if you are a competitor best to come both days, but if you are a spectator and have to choose one day only then the Renaults are only racing on Sunday, but the club stands will be there both days.

Regarding tickets, last year tickets were only taken at the paddock gate, so you were able to park on the club stand and then you were asked for tickets when you went over into the paddock. This meant that on Sautrday you did not necessarily need a ticket if you did not go and watch the non-Renault racing. HOWEVER things may have changed this year and you may need a ticket both days regardless of whether you watch the racing. You can buy them on the day though and by the time you take the booking fee and delivery cost into account there is only 50p saving. So up to you if you want to take a chance. Alternatively play it safe and fair and buy a weekend ticket. I may have a better idea on Friday when I go up to set up. You can always call me on 07956495773.

CELEBRITY DRIVER

Renault Heritage are sending H&C Classic Team driver Michel Leclere but he will only be competing on Sunday 25th. Most of you will have seen Michel driving the A443 Le Mans car or RE40 Formula 1 car at Donington.
I expect he will be happy to give autographs and we will have souvenir postcards available for that purpose.

CLASSES

All entrants will stay in their original numbered classes as entered. i.e. 6 pre-71 saloon cars,7 pre-71 sports cars,8 post-71 saloon cars or 9 post-71 sports cars

TYRES

We have made arrangements for all RAOC members and/or Renault Heritage Trophy 2008 entrants in classes 6,7,8 & 9 to run tyre free.
i.e. List 1A or List 1B or Legal Road Tyres etc
I do not know what arrangements (if any) other entrants in these classes have made.

PARTICIPATING CLUBS

The following clubs members have all agreed to park in the Renault Heritage Area and will recieve the additional benefits detailed later:

Renault Alpine Owners Club
Renault Classic Car Club
Venturi Owners Club
Renault Owners Club
Renault Avantime Owners Club
Clio Sport
Megane Sport TBC

If you are in one of these clubs and turn up on the day we will do our best to accommodate you.

EXTRAS & FREEBIES

All competition entrants who complete a Renault Heritage registration and park in the heritage area on Saturday will receive a goody bag and nosecone (or other gift of equal value) as previously advised. They will also receive points for H&C or Renault Heritage Trophy 2008.

All members of the above clubs who complete a Renault Heritage registration and park their car on display in the heritage area on Saturday and/or Sunday will receive a goody bag. They will also receive points for H&C Trophy 2008.

All the above will enjoy use of the Renault hospitality unit.

Renault UK have sponsored an additional award for Fastest Heritage Renault in addition to the BOC Fastest Time of Day & First in Class Awards. Applicable to all registered cars.

Meguiar's UK have sponsored an additional award for Best Heritgae Renault. Applicable to all registered cars.

HOTELS & FOOD

Most people are in staying at the Purple Hotel (ex sleep inn) or Premier Inn which is virtually next door.

If you are staying on Saturday night you may be interested to know that a restaurant has been booked for all the Renault Heritage Clubs @ Elmbury Lodge Tewkesbury

Menu here: http://www.premierinn.com/temp/pti/cach ... _Fayre.pdf

We have reserved a section for around 30 people.

Please let me know if you are planning to come along so we can book more space if necessary.

Finally don't forget to send in an entry for Silverstone. Official closing date was 16th May.

Any queries just ASK!
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

clivebawden

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:02 pm

Cheltenham

Postby clivebawden » Tue May 20, 2008 8:28 am

Hi, I'm hoping to go to this event on the Sunday, but I can't find any information about timings on the day - what time do the gates open, when do the timed runs start, when are the Veyrons going to run, when does the event finish? Can someone help?
no avatar
User

turbo 5

Rank

Non Member

Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:07 pm

Chepstow (near as damit!)

Postby turbo 5 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:12 pm

Think the four V's , or at least two of them (Bug factory and Bug UK) will run through out the day, after all that is what the 'punters' have come to see! :D

As for the rest of us 'Numptys' we practice in the morning, so it would be same to assume that the timed runs will not start until after lunch (1.30ish).

Good day out if it is not p-ssing down.

Cheers
Mark
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Tue May 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Sign on for the drivers is 8.00am and we expect it to be all over by around 5.00pm ish unless rain stops play earlier!
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

turbo 5

Rank

Non Member

Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:07 pm

Chepstow (near as damit!)

Postby turbo 5 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:35 pm

I will mention it in passing 'that we expect it to be over by 5pm' to the clerk of the course. Think you missed how many of us might 'plough' the kitty litter! :D Ahh that will be be then on the list :oops:
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 pm

Got the green light so all being well I will be there on Sunday.

Anyone from "up north" going and want go down convoy style?
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed May 21, 2008 12:22 pm

You can pick me up on the way :roll: :wink: :cry:
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Wed May 21, 2008 12:28 pm

clee wrote:You can pick me up on the way :roll: :wink: :cry:

Not really on the way now is it, we can meet halfway or you come over to mine?

Get the timing sorted on yours and give it a run out :wink:
User

baldrick

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:07 pm

southend essex

Postby baldrick » Wed May 21, 2008 10:15 pm

hi all

seeing as i cant go this year
(fekkin work)

and had such a good time last year
could someone please post loads of photos and do a really good write up so i can see what i missed out on

that should make me feel a whole lot better for not going :) :)
1989 GTA ATMO (YELLOW)
1972 SILHOUETTE ZAGAROFF (project)
2006 SUZUKI SV1000
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Sat May 24, 2008 7:54 pm

oh great....

looks like the weather will be complete cack again. :roll:
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Sat May 24, 2008 10:00 pm

Was great today!!
no avatar
User

R400GT

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:11 am

Manchester

Postby R400GT » Mon May 26, 2008 8:01 am

Thanks to Stephen and the RAOC for making us feel very welcome.
The teas, coffees and shelter from the rain yesterday were much appreciated... :D
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:10 am

excellent weekend! pity about the weather yesterday but had a great time anyway full respect to the hardcore spider drivers who made the effort in the pouring rain 8) , amazing to see 5 veyrons at the same time and all those old bugattis too especially when they cane them up the hill even in the wet, glad i made the effort to go

thanks to mr D and his team for organising everything and the the ladies in the Renault hospitality van keeping the drinks flowing all weekend.

looking forward to seeing the pics

see you all at Silverstone :D
PreviousNext

• Advertisement