User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Isle Of Man 2007

Postby peterg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:26 pm

As (nominal!) competition secretary of the RAOC the organisers have sent me some sets of regs, prices for ferries etc. If anyone fancies doing it let me know. I'm definitely going, it was superb last time.
Next year they are running 3 hillclimbs, all on closed roads, one at night in the middle of Douglas. For 2 people with car and trailer staying 3 nights in a decent B&B/hotel it will cost about £650......drop the trailer and it takes £100 off (that includes all 3 entry fees too)
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:10 pm

Peter, I am VERY interested, I have been watching the ManxMotorRacing web site waiting for something to be announced.

Are there any results for 2006 on the web, somewhere?

However, it is only my 1st year competing, I have only ever done 7 competative MSA events and my driving technique is definately holding my car back. My only other competition driving extends to teasing the local jam sandwiches as a teenage driver. You'll have to give me some honest advice about the courses, I don't need tempting, just an honest out look. As for the trailer, I rely on the RAC but no idea if they cover the IOM. I'm sort of thinking to leave such a big event till 2008?
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:05 am

I would imagine the RAC would cover you....worst case scenario I would stick your car on my trailer and take it back to the mainland, a couple of people did that last year. There were several novices last year including the woman in the supercharged Dodge Viper. The website is quite frankly rubbish and doesnt ever seem to get updated!!!
It is a really great few days, I took Trudy and my brother and his woman and we had a great time....explored the island as well as doing the events. The nightime hillclimb (although quite badly run....hopefully they will have learned some lessons...they have allocated it more time this year) was incredible....the spectators were 5 deep all the way up the hill and the paddock appeared to be part of Police HQ (that wouldnt happen on the mainland!)
If you want a set of regs let me know.....the array of cars was well worth seeing and the events were brilliant.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:41 am

peter, that sounds great, yes please, a set of regs would be good. A fellow competitor of mine was telling me about a lady Viper driver at Gurston who wanted to drive in bare feet but the clerk of the course ruled that she must wear something on her feet, perhaps the same novice, "Nadine" seems to ring a bell?
Firsts at
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:34 am

Yes, that sounds like her! She had only ever dragged it before IOM and I think she got a hell of a shock when she had to turn corners in it. It shook the ground as it went past....I beat her on all 3 events of course! 8)
Apparently rumour had it that she had paid for the car with the proceeds of her divorce!
no avatar
User

turbo 5

Rank

Non Member

Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:07 pm

Chepstow (near as damit!)

Postby turbo 5 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:03 am

Good girl, at least she was'nt married to me (I think).
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:25 am

Mr Brayspeed seems to like Nadine's style too !

http://www.brayspeed.co.uk/assets/The%20Gurston%20Trailer.wmv
a big file, but see Nadine warming up after 30 secs.

http://www.brayspeed.co.uk/assets/152%20nadine%20geary.wmv She seems under control here !
Firsts at

• Advertisement