User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Mas du Clos 8th May 06

Postby andyh877 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:36 am

all I can say is it's one of the best circuits in France, set in the Limousin area, beatiful unspoilt countryside....... the circuit itself is amazing, used by all the french journalists and tv programs to test cars, like anglesy is used in the UK, banked corners and the with different sections of the circuit on several height levels it's like a mini Spa Francochamps, the straight is longer than Croix as we can easily hit 6th before the braking zone at turn 1, it rained for most of the day, but that didn't put us off, stick the rain tyres on and off you go! the day was set into 30 on 30 off slots, but as the rain came alot of cars had only sliks and they decided to leave :lol: organisers then quickly changed the format to Open pitlane for the rest of the day 8) there was on casualty a mazda RX8 after lunch, oil on the circuit .... we don't know but he hit the barriers nailed the front of the car and airbags deployed :oops: but driver was in one peice with his pride destroyed :shock:

one of the best parts of the day was getting a few laps in as a passenger in a newly built Spider V6 ( Thanks Antoine)..... a trend has now been set :lol:

as a sum up a superb circuit, well worth the traveling time to get there, most of the participants drove a long way to get there on monday including us. I for the Trackday addict it's a must....... :twisted:

Andy

no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Fri May 12, 2006 9:43 am

Was Mr Bardenons collection open?
He's a big ferrari & Gordini (amongst others) collector.

I can't remember if I've spelt his name correctly.... :oops:
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Fri May 12, 2006 9:51 am

no, and it never is anymore. As i was looking forward to a good look round at lunch time. :shock:

Aparently...... it's not there anymore, rumours floating around were mentioning all the cars have gone one by one to Switzerland. :cry:

• Advertisement