clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Renault Heritage 2006

Postby clee » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:09 pm

Just had the schedule in the post .
Looks like this year I'll have to attend 5 more events to not be awarded my prize :roll: But that won't matter ...................................

8 points for each attendance ,60 needed for silver trophy ,but only 7 events listed as eligible for GTA :?

They is avin le larf :evil:
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:57 am

A spider gets 10 Points for each event :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have one for sale if someone wants to enter the challenge :lol: :lol:

I wonder what Sh!t they will palm us off with as an excuse for a prize then this year at the crap party with warm wine they call an award ceremony :shock: :shock: :shock:

............ oh sorry, it is an award ceremony if you're not English :!:
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Renault *ossers!

Postby Tony Smith » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:48 am

Yes according to Renault, people would rather be looking at Clio 16v's and 5GT Turbos at there WSR events this year than GTA's, A610's etc! Who the FLICK is in charge there? I can't help thinking that they know the Alpine owners do actually make an effort to attend as many events as possible and they simply don't want to give too much away in prizes! I for one will not be bothering with any of the WSR overseas events this year - if Renault considers my car to be the joint worst sporting variant they have ever made who am I to argue. This on top of the disgraceful way we were treated last year in Paris. If I didn't love the car so much I'd be selling it on principle and buying something else.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:54 pm

andyh877 wrote:A spider gets 10 Points for each event :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you want 15 points at events, I know a man with a few spare 4CVs and they are worth 15 points, but it will take you a week to get to most places (80 kph is max speed), perhaps a month for Turkey :roll:
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Re: Renault *ossers!

Postby andyh877 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:05 pm

Tony Smith wrote:Yes according to Renault, people would rather be looking at Clio 16v's and 5GT Turbos at there WSR events this year than GTA's, A610's etc! Who the FLICK is in charge there? I can't help thinking that they know the Alpine owners do actually make an effort to attend as many events as possible and they simply don't want to give too much away in prizes! I for one will not be bothering with any of the WSR overseas events this year - if Renault considers my car to be the joint worst sporting variant they have ever made who am I to argue. This on top of the disgraceful way we were treated last year in Paris. If I didn't love the car so much I'd be selling it on principle and buying something else.

Not gonna bother with any events at all if it's going to benefit renault...... not after last year's bullsh!t .........done the polished the paint off it for the 15 minutes of tracktime thing and the long drive to get there. the German clubs had the right idea last year......Boycott all the events as the prizes worth was out weighed by the travelling expenses to get to the events and they made a collector pay an entry fee......and the public got in free! not this year I'm afraid :!: RANT CONCLUDED :lol:
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:08 pm

I actually enjoyed the events I went to, but I hardly expected the trohpy to cover my traveling costs and collectors did get a goddie back and paddock parking.

However, I did not go to Paris, which sounds like it pushed most over the edge !
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:20 am

simontaylor wrote:I actually enjoyed the events I went to, but I hardly expected the trohpy to cover my traveling costs and collectors did get a goddie back and paddock parking.

However, I did not go to Paris, which sounds like it pushed most over the edge !

I did't expect it to cover my costs either but i expected something..... seeing as they bodyswerved giving most people that deserved some sort of prizes off their promised list and gave them cockerel all..... they pissed of alot of people...... this is why there were hardly any cars at the 4cv Dauphine display at Renault square for Retromobile.

I can guarentee that Donington will be packed though this year.......full of Chavvy clios like last year

one thing though........Renault haven't announced if there will be an entry fee to the WSR events this year yet :?: :?: and it wouldn't surprise me if they do, that might change the attendance figures a little bit :!:
User

KEV V6 255

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:22 pm

England

Postby KEV V6 255 » Wed May 10, 2006 5:49 pm

I agree andyh877, chavy clios pissed me off as well, wait a bit I've got one of them :roll: .
We went to WSR Zolder this year and I for one was thrilled to bits with my plastic (yellow) plate, it was well worth the trip especially when plod pulled me over 20 miles from home, I think he wanted my H & C collectors plate that was chucked, sorry, placed in the back window, 8) .
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Wed May 10, 2006 6:23 pm

And I thought going to car shows was to look at and appreciate cars?? :?:
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:43 pm

KEV V6 255 wrote:chavy clios pissed me off as well, wait a bit I've got one of them

I wouldn't say a V6 255 was chavvy being a v6 just a bit slow round the circuit......cause it be a bit 2 heavy or have you blingified it :?: I hope not.

David Gentleman wrote:And I thought going to car shows was to look at and appreciate cars?? :?:

Zolder wasn't a car show it was a race meeting :?

Got the Plackstic plaques last year!

and seem to be getting more after the Macon Rallye :shock:

but that was a real weekend of hoofing it around the countryside :twisted:

doing another one this weekend in the Alps 8)

if you want to see and appreciate Alpines...... Macon is the place, then they cane them round the roads for the weekend also, cars from Luxembourg, France, Switzerland Belgium and UK attended 120 entries in all.

Eg there was an A610 Alberville there 50% of the total cars built :lol:

• Advertisement