User

malamute john

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:41 am

Principality of Sealand

1990 Alpine GTA Turbo for sale...

Postby malamute john » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Pictures seem to be in opposite order...plus I forgot one. But you get the idea... :)
Alpine-front-hood-01179.jpg
Alpine-L-side-01167.jpg
Alpine-R-side-01196.jpg
Alpine-back-seat-1206.jpg
Alpine-L-front-01165.jpg
Alpine-engine-01172.jpg
Alpine-int-1223.jpg
Alpine-R-rear-01201.jpg
Alpine-front-01220.jpg
Need to find a home for my 1990 GTA Turbo. Nice car with approximately 30000 kilometers. Originally sent to japan, the car has been in the US since 2015, once it was eligible to enter under the '25 yr' DOT exception. Clean and clear title with relevant epa/dot paperwork.
Car is in very good condition overall, and everything works save the manual trip odo reset. Car pulls strong - no smoke, no unusual noises and NO leaks. Gearbox works good and clutch is lovely. Suspension is taut as is steering - bushings, shocks, mounts etc all replaced recently. A/C blows cold. Modern Alpine brand stereo.
Body is straight with no sign of accident repair with good gaps. Very nice paint with a few normal blemishes - stone chips on the front, an 'uh oh' on the lower valance and one #$%^ed chip in the door from a careless person in a parking lot. There is a place in the clear on the lft quarter also - many would not notice it, but Im pretty picky and want to provide full disclosure. The headlight covers are as close to perfect as you could ask and the taillights are darn good. All glass is good and [marked] original.
Leather interior is good - drivers seat shows some wear and passenger side is showing a little age, but still good. Steering wheel is showing some age/drying, but still good. Carpets are good, save some fading and a small stain on the drivers side front. Door panels good with no issues, as is the headliner and dash.
All in all a really nice old car; not perfect, but nice.

Uncooperative weather and not feeling well has kept me from getting some really good photos...so I shall use the ones Bob sent me before I bought the car. Nothing has changed except the French front plate I added and its actually a tiny bit tidier now. Any questions and all offers of huge sums of money can be sent here, email me at terlingua67 at tutanota dot de, or feel free to call in the US at 918, fourfiveone, zero eight, eight zero.

Video of the car running [plus you can kinda hear the custom exhaust ] can be found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRnDUHLpPRs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Re: 1990 Alpine GTA Turbo for sale...

Postby BIG_MVS » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:43 pm

Looks lovely. Have you tried Car and Classic (carandclassic.co.uk) as this brings in Europe/Rest of the world.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Needs to go on sale in France/Germany to make good money. Hard enough to get good money for rhd here.
no avatar
User

malamute john

Rank

Non Member

Principality of Sealand

Postby malamute john » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:08 am

Thanx guys - Im sure youre both correct and your advice is both good and appreciated.

I wanted to offer the car here first; plan, quite frankly, to talk to a classic car dealer acquaintance pretty soon and look at selling it to him and/or consigning it. If that doesnt work quickly, probably try ebay. If all that should fail - I know, this is a bad time of year to try and sell a car like this [or any car for that matter] - will probably hit the European sites as per yall's suggestion[s]. Have even considered sending it to Scottsdale in january to bj [what an appropriate acronym...] with a friend thats planning to go. Hope to have it a new home before that tho...
SURELY one of you guys need a clean, low mile rust free GTA...!
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:29 am

I am sure there will be shipping companies that can easily get it to Europe for you.
Just get a quote and let European buyers know how easy it is to have it delivered.
If it was RHD, I would be tempted.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:26 am

Look like a nice car.

I’m sure if you gave an idea what you are hoping for in usd or gbp you will soon find out if there is any interest.

As other posters have stated the Market will be limited in the uk with the car being lhd. However that will make it kore attractive for the rest of Europe.

Estimated shipping costs would help too.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

malamute john

Rank

Non Member

Principality of Sealand

Postby malamute john » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:21 am

You mean y'all dont expect there to be such a flurry of offers pouring in that it soon becomes a bidding war?!? :wtf
All good points above - truth is, Im not exactly sure what to ask for the car; what little market there is over here is all over the map so to speak. There is currently one for sale in Florida at 40k ask...but he's had it a while too! Over the last year or so, it looks like cars have sold from 15 to 30. A couple of cars that sold early in the year were actually looked at [physically inspected] for the guy who bought this one, before he bought this one. Apparently they were not as nice, and Klaus [previous owner] then turned around and poured a metric tonne of money into this car. I know what Im in it for, and would like to not lose my hoo hoo on it obviously, but just dont know what the market will bear. If I cant move it pretty quickly over here or to one of you guys [hey...be different! drive a car with the steering wheel on the opposite side!], Ill hafta do a lot of research. Dont want to ask TOO much and scare off/anger potential buyers, but dont just want to run out and scream 'steal it from me' either. At that point, I will get some reliable estimates/quotes for shipment to Europe, as that is obviously the best place for the car.
Appreciate the input.
[and still open to offers and or suggestions...]
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 am

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/offre ... pine%20gta

There ya go ! Between 15 and 45k euros ....That helps :Douh ......+ It'll need to be in France to sell or be a steal for the Frenchies to play.
An Englishman won't pay you anything like what it's worth.
+ you've got to get it here and that's going to be 1-1.5k ?
Best bet to try and sell it there.
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:21 am

Steve said to me there is a real mint low mileage car coming up at auction shortly so that may give a good indicator. I can't see a GTA, however good making more than around 20k here, but lots of press recently about being undervalued and tipped for big increases so a speculator might fancy an exceptional car.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:56 am

Saints preserve us from feckin 'speculators'
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 am

My mate always says "you need to speculate to ejaculate". Wise words.

Yep your best bet is in the US of A especially now the dollar is on it's asp from our perspective.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:50 pm

malamute john wrote:You mean y'all dont expect there to be such a flurry of offers pouring in that it soon becomes a bidding war?!? :wtf
All good points above - truth is, Im not exactly sure what to ask for the car; what little market there is over here is all over the map so to speak. There is currently one for sale in Florida at 40k ask...but he's had it a while too! Over the last year or so, it looks like cars have sold from 15 to 30. A couple of cars that sold early in the year were actually looked at [physically inspected] for the guy who bought this one, before he bought this one. Apparently they were not as nice, and Klaus [previous owner] then turned around and poured a metric tonne of money into this car. I know what Im in it for, and would like to not lose my hoo hoo on it obviously, but just dont know what the market will bear. If I cant move it pretty quickly over here or to one of you guys [hey...be different! drive a car with the steering wheel on the opposite side!], Ill hafta do a lot of research. Dont want to ask TOO much and scare off/anger potential buyers, but dont just want to run out and scream 'steal it from me' either. At that point, I will get some reliable estimates/quotes for shipment to Europe, as that is obviously the best place for the car.
Appreciate the input.
[and still open to offers and or suggestions...]

Realistically in France/Europe maybe 25K euros. In the UK maybe £12-15K although I'd like to think it would make more.

As Tony says this one should be a good indicator.

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/renault-gta

Most magazines have the GTA tipped at up to +20% this month so lets hope so.

$ is very strong against the £ at the moment so makes it less attractive over here notwithstanding shipping and duty etc
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

malamute john

Rank

Non Member

Principality of Sealand

Postby malamute john » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:11 pm

clee wrote:Saints preserve us from feckin 'speculators'

AMEN.

Im certainly no speculator on this - in it too deep if I was I assure you... Ive seen what those people do to the old car market, and when I take over, its a tall tree and a short rope for em. Theyve driven the MuscleCar market out of reach for most who actually know and appreciate them, and we wont even begin to discuss what theyve done to Corvettes and Cobras...and surely have ruined the Ferrari market more than any. [except Cobras] in fact, speculators and media have fouled up the entire old car hobby.
To be fair tho...if it werent for the possibility for financial reward and rising price, we wouldnt have the access to all the new/repo wonderful parts we have for them, so its a two-edged sword.

Thanx for the links and opinions. A little research shows that depending upon where in Europe the car would go - and how fast you want to get it there - it will take from 25 to $3500 to ship. Since apparently the $ is strong - dont keep up with such myself - then that will probably seal the deal for selling it here or in canada maybe. Looked at links provided and did some research; looks like I should price the car at $27500 - towards the higher end of realistic market, but its a pretty nice old car that needs nothing really. Plus, Im not losing TOO much money at that number... :(
Were circumstance different, Id be keeping the car awhile, looking for different wheels and tyres and not having this conversation, but life changes sometimes...really oughta find it a new 'forever home'.
no avatar
User

malamute john

Rank

Non Member

Principality of Sealand

Postby malamute john » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:33 pm

l1000014.jpg
l1000016.jpg
l1000019.jpg
l1000032.jpg
l1000037.jpg
l1000059.jpg
l1000077.jpg
l1000075.jpg
alpine on johnnys bridge4.jpg
alpine - pass side int.jpg
alpine - drvrs side int.jpg
Had a rare convergence [for this time of year] of decent weather and me feeling pretty good, so I went for a little drive and took a few more pictures....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:19 am

::N ::I ::C ::E :up
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
Next

• Advertisement