User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Re: A610 maybe for sale??

Postby The Saint » Sat May 05, 2018 10:17 pm

Just for those that are looking for an Alpine... My A610 is available.. More so now..

As some of you know, I care for my disabled mother, I have been doing this for 20 years, but more so in the last year, so saving the Government a HUGE amount of money.
We live in a council disability bungalow, where you have to be over a certain age to live there. Ever since I moved in, I have been waiting to become of this age, to be able to be added, as a joint tenant on the rent book, enabling me to have a home after my mothers’ death.
I am now at this age, and I have applied to be added to the tenancy. This was refused! (long story as to the reason, but this rant is long enough)
So when my mother dies, I will be classified as homeless…!!!
The waiting list is a good five years and I cannot be added to it, as I am not yet homeless, despite the fact that it is the council that will be forcing me out of my home. (Go figure that one out!!)
After much searching on the web and asking for help and guidance, I have uncovered that I am not the only one! There are hundreds of carers that have been put into this situation. I am lucky that I found out before my mum dies, so can now do something about it, before I am homeless.
Many never realise until it was upon them. It’s just unreal and horrific, after you have been caring for your loved one, and then find yourself on the streets, and trying to morn the loss of them as well…

So why have I posted this here you ask…??
Well I wanted you all to know why I have to sell my beloved A610. I need the money to be able to purchase a home, so that I am not on the streets upon my Mother’s death. Again, the cost of purchasing a house in the UK is way out of my reach, but I am looking at making a home in France. As at least there I can afford to buy one.
I find renting privately a total waste of money, you are just paying someone else’s mortgage. The rents are so high, it’s cheaper to buy, but getting on the ladder is out of my reach.

My A610 is well known in the club, and my website shows the story of its rebuild and my love of the car. Just look at the site and hopefully it will let any buyer know what work has been done to it. (http://www.vsantini.uk)

I am not being stupid on the price. There is the Red one on Ebay at 56K if you want madness… Obviously I need the sale for my future home, as you cannot live in a car! Not at my age!!
So my asking price is 39K BUT I am open to discussion on this… I do not need to sell it in a rush, as my mother is not terminal of going to kick the bucket tomorrow, but if I can make a start and get my new home set up before I have to face her death and all the emotional tears and clearing a house etc. then this will be one less thing to have to endure.

The one thing that really Pisses me off about all this, is that the council has just let one of these bungalows to a “Foreign” tenant of some 23 years old, and the police are there all the time. Music blaring and cars coming and going all hours of the night. A total nightmare, but yet my 20 years of paying tax and caring for not just my Mother but the community, gets me homeless. Where is the logic in that…?
I have been so depressed about this, I even felt like shooting myself or something just so I don’t have to deal with it. God help us all when we get old!
I truly felt that the A610 was going to be with me for the rest of my days, as it took me so long to get it, and I will never find another in this condition again. I am gutted, truly gutted.
I just hope that the new owner cares for this car as much as I love it.
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Sun May 06, 2018 10:50 pm

Sorry to hear your predicament Vince. Have your got any independent advice on the matter? Maybe a letter to your local MP. That doesn't sound right/fair to me.

Good luck with the same, someone will get a belter of a 610.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Mon May 07, 2018 7:33 am

Really sorry to hear about the circumstances of you needing to sell your beloved A610. I've had a couple of people ask if I know of any that may be coming up.

Would you like me to have a chat with them, or would you prefer it went within the club?

Ian
Alpine Centre Manchester

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 am

Postby turbell » Mon May 07, 2018 8:13 am

Really sorry to read this Vince, your car looked stunning on Saturday, flawless paintwork and as its been on the car for over a year or two without issue that's an unbelievable major plus point on these composite cars, even in the harsh light of the NEC it was still amazing, a real credit to the skill of the painter and your financial input and patience.
I will soon wave goodbye to my car and another chapter will open......
I can't imagine the worry you're experiencing with your domestic life, but know you'll come through it.
Just Gotta have Faith......

On a plus note, four bikers, B&B, Le bacon and sausage.....usually about early July.............winky face, hope this helps....
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon May 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Vince, your devoted care for your mother and passion for your car shines through. I am sure you Mother thinks the world of you.
Words cant make it better but keep the faith and positiveness.
My Sister is a social worker, even she struggles with these social & bureaucratic injustices. I feel very lucky that I hopefully wont have to deal with the horrors you have to, as my sister has it in hand already. If you wish for any advise, I would be very happy to ask my sister to help you ok. She owes the club a favour after Rupert helped her with some property issues.
It will work out for the best eventually.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Mon May 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Many thanks to all who have sent messages...

Simon, again thank you, but I have already gone down the road of CAB and other homeless at risk projects... No one is interested, as I am still in accommodation. I need to be on the street first before they will even look at my case.

I am not the first or the last.. If you have time, read this link... https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... sion-31553

He has gone as far as anyone can, and has nothing. To continue to stress myself out with this is pointless.. I just have to think logically and move on. This is why I am trying to sort a home before my mother passes, so I have my "Bolt Hole".

Fingers cross that car finds a good home.. I will miss it..

Vince..
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

r5gordini

Rank

Non Member

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Postby r5gordini » Wed May 16, 2018 8:48 pm

I've just caught up with this thread and am also very sorry to hear of your predicament. I do hope you get a good price for the car. So sorry it has come to this!

Andrew
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Thu May 17, 2018 5:19 am

Appreciated.... Still trying to find a way around not selling it, I know I will never find another anywhere near this condition again.. and the way the prices are going, possibly out of my range by then too..
Thank You.
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

r5gordini

Rank

Non Member

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Postby r5gordini » Thu May 17, 2018 6:40 am

Yep. I understand.

By the way, your website seems to be broken? I tried looking at it just now and it appeared not to send any data.

Might be coming past your neck of the woods this weekend in my A610. It's possibly being pressed into service because my Discovery 4's steering rack is incontinent and I'm not sure if it's going to be fixed in time. Fancy meeting up for half an hour on Sunday afternoon? Send me a PM with your number.

Andrew
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Fri May 18, 2018 5:21 am

Did you try http://www.vsantini.uk It is a bit slow as hosting it from home.. but it is ok at moment.. just checked it.
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:10 am

Vince

I find your situation astonishing and unbelievable even with all of the stupid, crass red tape and council policies we often find ourselves subjected to, this is a blinder. I hope things will get better for you soon.
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
Previous

• Advertisement