BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Re: Anyone looking for an A610?

Postby BIG_MVS » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:06 am

It just seems anyone with an opinion who is not frightened to express it is a rare breed on here these days. Hey ho it is what it is.

Like I said in another thread it would be nice for someone to buy this who is going to actually use it rather than stick it in the garage hoping for the value to go up. When I first joined the Alpine fraternity there seemed to be loads of owners about and events with loads of cars going. Origine RS apart nowadays these events are getting fewer and fewer and less cars turning up. Sometimes there are more members than cars at an event ;-(
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:27 am

I'm with you on that mate.
As I've said before many a time if you don't use them there is nothing but hassle and that applies to any old car. Personally I can't understand it if you've bought something because you like it why the hell don't you wanna Drive it. Once you've got them all up together like this one they're fantastic fun to drive, fibreglass so you don't have to worry about dents in the supermarket ect not like metal. it's sheer madness, and then they wonder when they come to start after not using them for awhile why somethings gone wrong then there on here trying to get the problem fixed all because of lack of use. If you take them out most weekends most of it wouldn't of happened.
User

turbodog

Rank

Non Member

Wed May 05, 2004 5:57 pm

NORTH WALES

Postby turbodog » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:08 pm

This is why i did a use it day last August , See post may be next time we will get more cars to take part
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:20 pm

Hoping to one day...! :angel

Used to use my 610 monthly at least, even in the winter (well unless there was ice or snow) and it behaved itself (except at Macon...and even one of my issues there was due to some preparation putting new faults in).
Once I sorted the initial problems it just worked....

Anyone know how much interest Phildini has had?

Lee

px sound atmo shell with all required parts and newly rebuilt engine...oh hang on that's how he bought the 610 wasn't it.... :o
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:44 pm

It is sad that some of them never see the light of day. I see one of the finest (mint low mileage) of the breed hasn't even been MOT'd since 2010. Waste of a car really. Just sits there in a coma when it should be a beautiful living thing. :crazy

I adore the A610, I really do. I love Alpine's in general and love Renault's too. But for fecks sake, it is just a Renault and you might as well use it or sell it to someone who might just jump in it and drive it occasionally. It's never going to be worth a fortune, people are too brainwashed by the German crap for it to ever be valued by anyone without a serious love of French cars. And we are few and far between. The red one is a bit of red herring as far as I'm concerned (The fact it hasn't sold I guess speaks a thousand words). Most who aspire to own a serious sportscars know it HAS to have an Italian or German badge on its snout (boring, predictable and common). :shhh

It frustrates me that so many Alpines are parked up in storage, I have full respect for many guys on here who get out and use the cars. Mine is used regularly (130,000 miles and counting, do I care.....do I feck) It's always a highlight for me driving with Big MVS and Turbodog in an Alpine convoy. :up :A610 :GTA :A610

I just wish sometimes we would all celebrate how good they are rather than the problems. I wanna see pictures, I want to see them being used, I want to see what people are doing to their cars, I want to see them being loved and enjoyed. Is that so wrong in secret squirrel Alpine land?
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Out in the wild

User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:56 pm

Yay !!! I agree fully...... Fingers crossed, 2016 will be the year for my A610 to get out and show off all the work that has been done to it.
I am going to make a "photo time line" sort of thing, to show all, what has been happening over the past year. Just need to get the car fully put back together, so I can put the story line together etc etc... and then its going to be used as much as possible.

:A610
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:32 pm

So there you go Martin we are all still hear. Let's hope the new owner will drive it as it was designed to be used fast !
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:44 am

There's an R32 Skyline ruining that In the wild picture!
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Up to £14,100 now so it does look like prices are on the up.

I suspect Mr Dini will be happy and sad in equal measures. Good luck fella.

The Saint wrote:Mr Raize,
At least Mr Dini is being truthful and letting a potential buyer know all the facts.... and as you have said, these cars a rare and don't often come up for sale.
I agree, that to some buyers, this will affect the price, but to others, who just want to own one of these cars, and not into selling it on, or trying to use as an investment, then this is a great opportunity to purchasing an A610 at an almost "give away" price, (considering the other red one that is for sale at 41K on ebay at the moment is at the top end!!)
I think this one will let the rest of us, that own one, know what to expect as per the value at the mid to lower end of the scale.. ( No disrespect to the car ) but the fact that it is recorded on the V regisiter will have an effect upon its value to some degree.
But all I can say to anyone thinking of buying this car. GO FOR IT!! it has had a great deal of time and money spent upon it and with a little TLC it will be an absolute bargain. IF I was looking for an A610, I would buy it!
Since I have owned my A610, I have spent more restoring it, ( in excess of 12K ) that I did purchasing it! These cars are all about the love of them, not what they are worth, and Mr Dini's car has had a huge amount of this work already done. So this V register part personally makes no difference to a true owner and lover of these cars.

Just buy it!! you know you want to!!

User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:35 am

Sold for £17,900.

Hope the new investor makes themselves known. LOL
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:24 am

That's great considering that the Green one of "Mr Plug550" that was for sale a year or so ago, in perfect condition, did not even make its 16K reserve.... Mr Dini has done very well...
Its amazing just how a little bit of promotion, through the club, can help sell a car. Membership IS worth it!! "HINT, HINT!"
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

Plug550

Rank

Non Member

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Northamptonshire

Postby Plug550 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:51 am

I sincerely hope that the buyer comes through as I've had terrible luck with eBay recently :crazy But at least I still own my Ex Patrck Collection GTA, a beautiful A610 and the old 5 Gordini still. :super

They're all available as I just don't use them. They're tucked up in professional storage, which as Mellow says, is a crying shame.
A610 & GTA V6 Turbo.
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:04 am

Yes lets hope this is not one of those Flea Bay "wana be" type that bid and don't pay!! :hang
Well Mr Plug... You need to post an add ( With Pictures ) on the site here, so at least a potential buyer can see whats available. I can also post a back drop of any potential cars for sale....
Thanks
Vince..
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:09 am

[quote="mellowyellowa610"]Sold for £17,900.[/quote]

Still a fair price but it wouldn't have surprised me if it had reached low 20s.
It's a very good example (with a history) of a very good value supercar..
PreviousNext

• Advertisement