User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Tyres

Postby peterg » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:01 pm

Ive got some very low mileage (less than 500) tyres available if anyone's interested. They were supplied with new wheels last July and have barely been used. One pair of Ventus sport 255/40/17 and one pair of Ventus sport 205/45/16. £50 for the former £35 for the latter. Can do postage at around the £12 a pair mark if anyones interested. The reason I'm selling them is that they dont feature on the MSA (motorsport gov. body) list and Ive had grief from scrutineers for using them (nearly got moved into mod. prod. class at the last event with the slicks and wings brigade!!! :shock: )They are excellent tyres in excellent condition and come at a bargain price!
User

ALPINEROB

Rank

Non Member

Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:12 pm

EAST SUSSEX

Postby ALPINEROB » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:32 pm

HI
I AM INTERSTED GOT ANY PICS
ALPINEROB
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:45 pm

Not yet.....they're tyres, not sure what pics would show anyway! If you are interested PM me......David will confirm when I bought them (was it July or August, cant remember??) but they havent covered many miles and have been SORN since the end of September.
User

simonsays74

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Belfast (££££ Zone!!)

Postby simonsays74 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:16 am

[/quote]The reason I'm selling them is that they dont feature on the MSA (motorsport gov. body) list and Ive had grief from scrutineers for using them (nearly got moved into mod. prod. class at the last event with the slicks and wings brigade!!! )

.....hah, and you the man who was giving me a hard time about how i was putting together a competition car :?

typical plod :wink:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:23 am

Oh yes! Not a massive stuff up as they did me for the events last year, and I didnt have the money for the Yokos I wanted at the time, but not the best move :oops: . Whats strange is that Hankook (who make them) sponsor a race championship and used to have tyres listed in the blue book, but not anymore! Motorsport can be such a nightmare if you try and cut corners or get round the rules!!!!
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:29 am

Sold to Clee!
Simonsays, I wasnt giving you a hard time....just advising caution so you didnt do what Ive done lots of times before! Every single year and at every event I see people getting hauled up by scrutineers for regulation breaches and it causes a lot of stress!
User

simonsays74

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Belfast (££££ Zone!!)

Postby simonsays74 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:11 pm

..... and you still ran with illegal tyres. :lol:

• Advertisement