User

renman3000

Rank

Non Member

Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:51 pm

Brisbane, Australia

GTA up to 1989 for export to Australia?

Postby renman3000 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:53 pm

Hello I'm in Brisbane and want to import a good GTA. Our customs rules make it neccessary for me to import a vehicle of 15years age or older. Bear in mind it will take 4 or 5 weeks for import approval to be granted before shipping, so anyone after a quick sale might have to consider this. I am after a car with a current MOT to allay my corrosion fears. If anyone can help I'd like to hear from you.
a feast is more than enough
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:54 am

I'd suggest the GTA atmo that Paul Sage is selling, very good car.
no avatar
User

renman3000

Rank

Non Member

Brisbane, Australia

Import to Aus

Postby renman3000 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:06 am

Thanks for your help. Just how good is this car? Firstly I'd better make it clear that I'm interested in either atmo or turbo. As you might imagine I'll need an up - front assessment of condition as I'll be doing my importing from here and won't be hands on. I'm hoping to land my car here and have the reality match fairly closely to my conception. That said, I absolutely understand the nature of cars that aren't new and could accept problems as long as I knew before buying. I don't wish to scare sellers off. Both my business partner and a mutual friend have recently imported GTA's successfully so I'll have advice this end. Thanks for your help and look forward to any other replies.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:05 pm

rupert wrote:I'd suggest the GTA atmo that Paul Sage is selling, very good car.

Seconded.

Have a look at the ARR web-site etc..
If it's any interest, I think Alan Moore has done this already.
But you probably know that.
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
no avatar
User

Alan Moore

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:04 pm

Brisbane Australia

Postby Alan Moore » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:54 am

I have seen the atmo that Paul Sage has for sale 5 months ago. I did not see it on a hoist or go over it with attention to detail, but the paint, engine bay and interior were fine as I remember. I admit if going to the trouble of importing, to wait for a turbo, with air and cloth interior. Just my opinion.

They all seem to get a little bit of corrosion on the exposed subframe, the rear one can be pulled out reasonably easily and blasted and painted. I am yet to do mine. The small fasteners underneath seem to corrode into the inserts.

Don't bother paying to get the car cleaned before it leaves England as they will ask for it to be cleaned again in Aust anyway.

A 5300 pound car will owe approx $22500 AUD shipped, insured, import duty and GST. Buying price plus 30-33% approx.

Make absolutely sure the Vin is quoted correctly, mine wasn't and is proving a hassle. None of 11 of the MOTs have the correct No either and were wrong in three different ways over the group. A MOT is nowhere near as stringent as our Safety Certificate from what I have seen of the various vehicles I looked at.
GTA V6 Turbo
Renault 4CV 16TS Power
BMW 2002 Tii M3 Power
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:31 pm

The MOT is only as stringent as the garage doing it!!!! If you are in the trade its not too hard to get an MOT still.........A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE :shock: got a local garage to skip emmissions testing on a hillclimb car a couple of years back to save him having to run a cat. convertor. My own GTA had allegedly passed an MOT 2 months before I bought it.....it was obviously MOT'd by the countries first blind MOT tester :lol:
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:41 pm

On reflection there is no doubt that air con would be essential in Brisbane... Of course it might not be too bad to get it retro fitted out there.
no avatar
User

Alby

Rank

Non Member

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:05 am

Melbourne, Australia

Postby Alby » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:05 am

Hi Renman,

I'm importing one from UK to Melbourne at the moment. Just waiting for the import approval so that it can be shipped. I think you may have contacted the ex-owner re the same car.
Anyway, I'll keep you posted re how it goes once it arrives here or simply give me a call on 0414892222 - I'd love to make contact with others doing or having done the same thing.
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Paul Sages atmo.

Postby Tony Smith » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:02 pm

The car you mentioned has been sold - was 1990 car anyway. He has got another red atmo in at present, getting it ready for sale at the moment, I'm not sure what sort of money he wants for it though. Bear in mind even if you buy one with aircon its a poor system and probably not up to the rigours of an Aussie summer. And air-con is rarer on the earlier cars too.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
User

LiamMcShane

Rank

Non Member

Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:39 pm

Shenzhen, China

Postby LiamMcShane » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:21 am

Simonsays74 may be worth a try. I've seen all three of his cars (two turbos and an atmo) and they are immaculate. Can't wait to see the finished hillclimber! Word has it he may be selling his atmo.
'88 GTA V6 Turbo

http://www.perfect-display.com.cn
Perfect Display Technology Company Ltd, Shenzhen
no avatar
User

renman3000

Rank

Non Member

Brisbane, Australia

Postby renman3000 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:31 am

Thanks all of you for your advice - this is really THE site for Alpine.

I am still having trouble with the seller of my first choice to buy (1987 GTA Turbo). A couple of weeks ago I told him I was up for it and all he needed to do was convince me with a few pics and general outline of the car's health. After all its not easy for me to pop in for a peek.

However I'm still waiting for those assurances so I can send him a deposit. I hope he responds soon!
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:49 pm

This one looks very smart....how about it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 70512&rd=1
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:37 pm

Peter

Not to sure about de F n F spoiler
Looks Fn bling
no avatar
User

dermotj

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 10, 2004 10:43 am

Postby dermotj » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:07 am

you'd think when he went to all that bother to spend $1.99 and screw the 8 screws he would at least made it as wide as the car!

• Advertisement