User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Charlotte, USA

Electric Window Mechanism

Postby Juzzblack » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:40 pm

My passenger side window has stopped working, due to the worm drive cable, which pulls the window up and down, being snapped. The motor works fine, so I'd like to try and avoid the expense of buying a whole new mechanism just because of a snapped cable.

Does any one know what car I might be able to source one from scrap, or have a used or spare cable or mechanism they would be willing to sell?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as i use my car daily and being able to wind only one window down (in my non aircon equipped GTA) is hell in the warm weather at the moment!

Cheers!
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:43 am

Yep, I have a second hand one for the passenger door....
Mail me
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:17 pm

Cheers Rupert.

I have sent you a personal message to discuss the datails.
no avatar
User

Rank

Non Member

Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:10 pm

Pontypridd South Wales

Re: Electric Window Mechanism

Postby 108002917 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:45 pm

Juzzblack wrote:My passenger side window has stopped working, due to the worm drive cable, which pulls the window up and down, being snapped. The motor works fine, so I'd like to try and avoid the expense of buying a whole new mechanism just because of a snapped cable.

Does any one know what car I might be able to source one from scrap, or have a used or spare cable or mechanism they would be willing to sell?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as i use my car daily and being able to wind only one window down (in my non aircon equipped GTA) is hell in the warm weather at the moment!

Cheers!

• Advertisement