User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

A610 Remote oil filter pipework

Postby clee » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:53 pm

I've had these made up as more and more are getting past their best .All you need to retain from the old setup are the two mount plates and the fixing boss to the block .
All high quality ,stainless overbraided teflon with all fittings as shown here .The old pipes themselves can be a bit of a mission to remove as the joints from flex to rigids are usually solid with rust and of course this is where they leak .....
200 quid a pair delivered .
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:11 pm

Very nice!!! Too late for me engine is back in now :cry:

Here you go MVS put your order in!!
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Nah it not ...can be done with lump in you just need to move the AC pump out the way ,espesh if you've just had it off recently .....Bish bash bosh badabing no danger of springing a nasty EXPENSIVE leak :lol:
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Looks pretty, do the pipes need to be mounted in some way to stop chafing or rattles, aren't the originals a mix of rigid and flexible?
Cheers
Lee
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:03 pm

You should know me by now ...I don't just look pretty I do the job :lol:

Yes ,they have to go in a certain direction from the block and to the outrigger mount hence the straight and angled ones at the block and the two angled at the outrigger ...they need to point that way from the block to get around the AC comp and then one goes over the top of the outrigger and 'tother under .

We have a bit more ' flex' pipe than OE as the original Renault stuff is unique and not cost effective to replicate exactly .The new bits all point in the same direction as OE with a tad more of the flex but only really on the straight one from the block where the OE has a straight rigid about 5" long
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Thanks Lee,
I guess at worst you could put a straight stiffener around this to replicate OE if there was a rattle...? maybe a bit of stainless split down the middle and clamped on, but even that sounds unnecessary from your description...I haven't looked at this on mine for ages, they are damp with a little oil, but I think thats a leaking rocker gasket.
How long to get them? I'm about to go on hols, so I'd prefer to wait until I get back.
Lee
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Made to order .I've left the originals with them and these only took a couple of days and most of that was waiting for bits to turn up .The actual manufacture takes minutes with just the crimping of the flex to fittings .
I don't think rattle will be an issue and if so then a couple of P clips on the outrigger will keep them in check .The OE flex goes over the top and is probably more flexible .
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Re: A610 Remote oil filter pipework

Postby clee » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:33 pm

These now in stock again if anyone is interested .Or wait till the old ones fail and you goose your engine :Butt ........same price £200 delivered

• Advertisement