User

steveatyork

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:16 pm

York,UK

HELP fuel pipes

Postby steveatyork » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:34 pm

need some help my gta has a fuel leek its the pipe that joins the fuel rails together and it has a t-piece in the middle only just started doing it since the boost has been uped to 15psi the thing is i have some spare fuel pipe which is rated to 50psi is this ok or do i need some higher pressure pipe?
thanks steve :?:
Renault Spider, Marcos Mantis, TR6...
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:39 pm

Steve, that pipe always starts leak! The new hose you have will be fine. Normally the leaks appear around where the jubillee clips are, as theyve normally been over tightened or the hose has gone brittle.
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:28 pm

I've had this problem, check this thread:

http://www.renaultalpine.co.uk/PHPBB/ph ... fuel+pipes
GTA V6 Turbo - BTW check your earths!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlpineGTA
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:31 pm

When you change that pipe and disturb the others, you'll find that the other hoses may start to leak. Best to check them all and change all the clips for decent ones. The thinner the better. Halfords do a box of 10 for £3 or so that will do the job perfectly (not the petrol pipe clips but their smallest 'norma' branded jubilee clips - you'll need to loosen them slightly first as they are a very snug fit)). No matter what anyone tells you, don't try to re-use the original clips, they are one time use only and will break when re-tightened or leak.

Following on from the above forum thread the OEM bore is actually 7mm internal (It's printed on the genuine replacement pipes from Renault), which is why 8mm can leak but you can usually get away with it.

There have been a few mods to the fuel pipes early and late. Some just need to be cut down and some are completely different. Make sure you get the right ones for your year and if they are too long don't panic just trim them using the original (if it is original!) as a pattern.

All much easier if you remove the left hand plenum chamber and the fuel pressure regulator.

It's worth putting some heat protective sleeving (like black split corrugated conduit) over the pipe that runs very close to or touches the inlet manifold.

PS Fix it now or make sure you have 'fire and theft' on your policy :wink:
User

steveatyork

Rank

Non Member

York,UK

Postby steveatyork » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:42 am

cheers lads
User

steveatyork

Rank

Non Member

York,UK

Postby steveatyork » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:44 pm

the pipe i had was 6 1/2mm bore size and i can deffo say it will not leak as they were a right pain to get on had to use hair spray to lube the pipes up :D

• Advertisement