no avatar
User

bigtrev200

Rank

Non Member

Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:08 am

Have you seen this A310?

Postby bigtrev200 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Afternoon all, I've been going through some old photos at my Mum's house and I found this cracking pic of my Dad with his beloved A310 that was taken in 1985/1986-ish. He'd owned it since new (I remember as a kid he had Belgian plates on it for a while when he first imported it) and I think he sold it around 1989.

I know that it hasn't been MOT'd or taxed for years but I just wondered if anyone remembers it or had seen it before? Any news would be greatly appreciated.

Trev
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Re: Have you seen this A310?

Postby johnb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:11 pm

If you haven't already done so you could also contact Club Alpine Renault who might be able to help as they will have membership records going back to around the time your father sold the car. He may not have joined the club, of course, but it's worth an enquiry.

Club Alpine Renault was formed in July 1989 and there are still members of the club who had Alpines before C.A.R. was formed. Someone might have had knowledge of the car or what happened to it.

You can contact them from their web page:-

http://www.clubalpinerenault.org.uk

I notice that the DVLA website shows the car road tax expired in January 1990 and there isn't any MOT history. For a car that was approximately 10 years old at the time you would have thought there'd be some history beyond that unless it had returned to Europe or somewhere else.

Good luck.
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.

• Advertisement