moosey

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:13 am

Melbourne, Australia

Spider Consumable Parts - help needed please

Postby moosey » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:26 am

Hi all from Melbourne, Australia.

By way of introduction, I'm one of the owners of ozrenaultsport.com and have been a Renaultsport owner since 2004.

Current garage contains a couple of Phase 1 172's (one for 14 years now), a 182 non-Cup, and very recently a Sport Spider.

As you would imagine, Sport Spiders are even more rare here than in the UK.

I'm really struggling to source engine consumables such as timing belt, pulleys, tensioners, water pump and alternator belt.

I was hoping one of you well researched owners here could point me in the right direction..

It seems that some of the above aren't made by Renault anymore, but suppliers such as Gates could be a possibility.

I'm struggling with parts numbers, reputable UK suppliers and what components from other F7R engined Renaults would be compatible (ie. Clio Williams & R19). The engine prefix for my Spider is 712, and I haven't been able to determine whether this makes a difference for parts sourcing vs the other two versions. Or versus other F7R engines.

Ideally I would like to source other consumables such as spark plugs, coil packs, fuel filters, oil filters, etc.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided :up
01 Renaultsport Clio 172 Ph1 x 2
04 Renaultsport Clio 182
97 Renaultsport Spider
ozrenaultsport.com
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: Spider Consumable Parts - help needed please

Postby stephendell » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Assuming it’s a road version the engine is 1996 era sequential injection Megane Coupé 2.0 16v 150bhp not Clio Williams as stated in many road tests and reviews.

The service parts are therefore readily available.

Gates is a fine choice for belts and OEM Spec.

Good luck!
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

moosey

Rank

Non Member

Melbourne, Australia

Postby moosey » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:54 am

Hi Stephen, thanks very much for the reply. Yes it's a road version, ex UK car as they were never sold new here. Based on this are OEM parts available? If not, is there someone that you can recommend to deal with for sourcing Gates parts? The OEM timing kit part number that I've found is 7701469775. However this part number is referred to for both the Williams & the 19.

Ideally if there is someone here who can supply a list of OEM and/or Gates part number that they know from experience will definitely fit the Spider, that would be fantastic.
04 Renaultsport Clio 182
97 Renaultsport Spider
ozrenaultsport.com
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:55 am

Looks to me like the club needs to maybe start a "Spider Parts - Cross Reference" thread in the members section?
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

moosey

Rank

Non Member

Melbourne, Australia

Postby moosey » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:49 am

Sounds like a great idea, Simon. I’ve done a fair bit of research. Unfortunately the only definitive answers are going to come from owners or someone who works on these cars and therefore knows them initimately. It’s so much more difficult for me because obviously I can’t just pop down to the local UK main dealer or aftermarket supplier to pick up parts and return them if they don’t suit the car. The whole process could get really expensive, not to mention frustrating, if mistakes are made.
04 Renaultsport Clio 182
97 Renaultsport Spider
ozrenaultsport.com

• Advertisement