User

Skyedriver

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 10, 2012 9:16 pm

N Yorkshire

Packing luggage etc

Postby Skyedriver » Sat May 12, 2018 11:58 am

Sorry, I know this is a little fundamental but a GTA has been on my wish list for a very very long time and with a wife, son and two dogs to consider, when we go out anywhere, my current collection of two seaters (TVR & Caterham) get left in the garage in favour of an old Volvo. So to a GTA.
One thing that always puzzles me about the car is where do you actually stow luggage, the shopping etc? The area in front of the windscreen is taken up with tank and wheel, the area behind the rear seats with a lovely V6. So do you just use the rear seats or is there a "secret" compartment I haven't seen yet??
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Re: Packing luggage etc

Postby Dave Williams » Sat May 12, 2018 1:47 pm

In a GTA.the space saver spare should be in the engine bay...so under the bonnet (aka world's largest filler flap) you have space for some luggage.
The back seats and rear footwell swallow a lot of luggage too..and the passenger footwell is quite big too.
All but the very early cars have folding rear seats which can make stowing larger items more easy

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
User

r5gordini

Rank

Non Member

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Postby r5gordini » Tue May 15, 2018 6:50 pm

The A610 has its spare under the front, which is probably what you are thinking of. I am considering removing mine and using a can of tyre foam in an emergency, although I think that wrecks the tyre. I'd have to fashion a different bracket to cover the fuel tank as it's the spare wheel bracket that holds the tank in place.

The rear seats are actually reasonably spacious (for a 2+2 coupe)
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Wed May 16, 2018 11:54 am

I think you will struggle with a wife, lad and two dogs to be honest.

Iv'e had the wife and two kids in when they were younger (maybe 5 and 8) and it was snug. I'm 6 ft 6 though so need the drivers seat all the way back really.

With the spare in the engine bay you do have space for a couple of small soft bags. As above with later cars the rear seats fold so you can easily get more bags in the back if not carrying passengers.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)

• Advertisement