bazzamac

Rank

Non Member

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:24 am

Canberra, Australia

GTA drivers side window

Postby bazzamac » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:23 am

Hi all

I have received new glass for the driver's side of my Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo from Simon Auto. To my surprise, it did not have the door rails and window winder attachment already glued to the new glass unlike the passenger side glass that I acquired from Simon Auto some years ago. Simon Auto said plain glass without these attachments has been the case for the last 2 or 3 years. It is obviously expected that you remove these from your old glass and attach them to the new glass. I am reluctant to do this because if I stuff it up, I'll have no drivers side glass at all. Has anyone attempted this job and does anyone have spare door rails and window winder thingy for a right hand side drivers window that they could send me in Oz?

Cheers

Barry
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Re: GTA drivers side window

Postby Dave Williams » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:28 am

bazzamac wrote:Hi all

I have received new glass for the driver's side of my Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo from Simon Auto. To my surprise, it did not have the door rails and window winder attachment already glued to the new glass unlike the passenger side glass that I acquired from Simon Auto some years ago. Simon Auto said plain glass without these attachments has been the case for the last 2 or 3 years. It is obviously expected that you remove these from your old glass and attach them to the new glass. I am reluctant to do this because if I stuff it up, I'll have no drivers side glass at all. Has anyone attempted this job and does anyone have spare door rails and window winder thingy for a right hand side drivers window that they could send me in Oz?

Cheers

Barry
When i had a loose rail..I got a mobile autoglass person to repair. They were at my house doing work on another windscreen...
I got them to remove the rail...and old goo..and restick in same position. They made light work of it. Like you, I was a bit hesitant to do it myself.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Advertisement