jagcat12

Rank

Non Member

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 pm

A610 air con compressor

Postby jagcat12 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi all

This is in the for sale wanted forum as, well thought best to cover all bases

I know I have asked before but without success, am getting desperate now so has anyone got or know where I can get an A610 A/C compressor either new or second hand working or not.

Thanks Dave g
User

Bazzer501

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Barton Stacey, Hampshire

Re: A610 air con compressor

Postby Bazzer501 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:52 am

Hi Dave,

According to the workshop manual the original compressor fitted to the A610 was a SANDEN TRF 090 (identical to the SD709)

About 18 months ago I my A610 had compressor failure and my local independent Renault garage sent it off 'somewhere' to get it refurbed which was successful. I'll see if I can find out where it was sent.

Please also see my article on my new radiator & air con condenser installation. The condenser came from Patrick at Fen Air International: http://www.fenair.co.uk/contact.htm

Now I know Patrick deals in SANDEN compressors so it make be worth contacting him in case he can get yours refurbed or offer a possible replacement given that a TRF 090 are now as rare as hens teeth.

Cheers, Barry.
Yellow 1993 Alpine Renault A610
User

r5gordini

Rank

Non Member

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Postby r5gordini » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Try compressortech:

http://www.compressortech.co.uk

I'm going to use them to refurb the compressor on my Roller and eventually the one on my A610. I'm sure they'll do a good job, whatever the state of yours.

Why do you need another? Is your current one totally unserviceable? I can't imagine it's not rebuildable.

Andrew
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Just had a thought Dave ....
You could always just change the belt length and take the A/C out of the equation completely for now ?
It has it's own idler pulley/bracket assembly so just take that off and apart from that and the pulley diameters it runs as per GTA.
GTA A/C if fitted runs from a separate belt.
Just need to measure for belt ..will be a tad shorter than GTA.

WP_20151009_004.jpg

WP_20150730_003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:27 pm

The same compressor is used on ac couple of mid 90s USA build Honda's. I found rebuilt compressors in the USA, with the right pulley, for 100-200 dollars.
My car had a new compressor in 2012- a TRS 090 for 134A...supplied by Alpinair-www.alpinair.co.uk...in W2 central London- cost 299 new back then. I think the S means 134a gas (See Barrys post for the implications of a gas change) rather than the F being R12..no longer available.
This pump is also an Imprezia part (with the right pulley) - there is one for 80 on ebay right now- but its in Malta, 25 postage, or a Shogun one with the wrong pulley in Essex. I'd go for the Malta one.
Here is a new one..but you need to call for availability.
http://www.apairltd.com/product/13539/1 ... rs090,-12v
If you want a new pump, having had a quick look there are fairly standard mountings for Ac compressors...side (A610) or end (GTA) with side or end pipes and either poly V (610) or classic single V belts like the GTA so a number of different ones could be made to fit the engine. The worst case would be having to modify the connecting pipe.The other thing to look at is their pumping capacity...that is set by the number of pistons they have.
I found a catalogue that sets it out...but the Trs090 seems to be easy to source so I'd go for that.

• Advertisement