User

bazzamac

Rank

Non Member

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:24 am

Canberra, Australia

GTA scuttle

Postby bazzamac » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:17 pm

I own a 1987 GTA V6 Turbo which is in near perfect condition but the one thing that has been annoying me is the thin plastic covering in the scuttle area under the windscreen. I seem to recall someone in the club has fashioned something a bit more solid I think in aluminium to cover this area and there was a photo of the finished article. Any ideas?
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Re: GTA scuttle

Postby BIG_MVS » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:28 pm

It was Paul Tindall:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4017&p=41707&hilit=scuttle#p41707

Photobucket isn't allowing to be seen to all users unless you use the browser hack but it does look great. Not heard from him in a while but hopefully he will be along to let you know if they are still available to buy.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
no avatar
User

bazzamac

Rank

Non Member

Canberra, Australia

Postby bazzamac » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:18 am

Hi BIG MVS

Thanks for that. Got the text printed but could do with the photos. Do you have Paul Tindall's email by any chance. As a guest member, I am not authorised to look at member profiles. I will ask him if he can supply his photos then I'll have a go at making one. I also have a panel beater son in law who could be quite handy at it. I have shaped thin 1mm aluminium before to make up moulds for a front air intake for my A110. I think it would be a quite a challenge. Not sure if I am interested in a new one if available when, as Paul says, they are "ill-fitting,shoddy (original chocolate box half)".

Cheers

Barry
no avatar
User

bazzamac

Rank

Non Member

Canberra, Australia

Postby bazzamac » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:38 am

Have thought about what I do overnight and will have a go at making fibreglass panels using the one I have as a template. Have done glassing before in stiffening up the floors in my A110 using aluminium tread plate and also built a fibreglass petrol tank with baffles. Did not use the tank in the end as I installed a 50 litre plastic tank. Will do over the next few weeks and let others know the result. May paint it in flat black or cover with leather or vinyl.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:30 am

Simon Auto claim to do a LHD one, but that's no use for us....we could get a vac forming tool made and then make some replacements in thicker gauge..?
Club or RATS project?
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Another item that might benefit from hydro-dipping, I'll see if I have a spare one and give it a try :0)
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.

• Advertisement