User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Plastic Trim

Postby clee » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:48 pm

I've taken the side air ducts,wiper/screen and rear grill mouldings off for a spuce up ( Stephen ,need some more retaining clips now :evil: ) .They have been cleaned ,filled and rubbed down ready for painting .Now .................I was going satin black ,but whats the opinion on colour coding the windscreen mouldings to the pearly white :?: :shock: Would look a bit like

as they're not there
Will be a pain to go back if they look wink .
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:39 pm

I had an A610 in the other day which had a painted shroud, and the paint was coming off when the wipers were sitting in the parked position.

Safer to go black 8)
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:49 pm

I agree...keep it naturelle! What is making me think though, is how good the side engine compartment windows look with the vented cover......how much air would they get the engine!!! (and possibly lighter than the glass)
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:18 pm

I still think you could get a lot of airflow through the side vents if you cut into the engine bay.The original airbox picks up this way .I know the roll bar is in the way but you'll still get good flow-through .
The shrouds are now primed in white :roll: They don't look to bad ,I'll put them back on tomorrow and see what they look like in situ.Will have to look into the pearl as its not the Renault 168 ,so will have to get a match for the bits that need touching up .
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:27 pm

peterg wrote:I agree...keep it naturelle! What is making me think though, is how good the side engine compartment windows look with the vented cover......how much air would they get the engine!!! (and possibly lighter than the glass)

Im personally not a fan of the look of the vents, though they will work well, though I would say they should look OK on a black car, as they would blend in with the glass..
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:17 pm

IMHO Black.
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Use Renault bumper paint

Postby Tony Smith » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:01 am

Whatever colour you choose to paint them use Renault bumper paint, this gives a very pleasant textured finish - did mine in dark grey and they really came up well. My advice would be don't colour code them - saw it done on a red car and it didn't lookgood at all.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.

• Advertisement