User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

All Please Read - RAOC Webzine - contributions required

Postby Tony Smith » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:19 pm

Hello all members, non members and would be members. I am currently preparing the first edition of the club magazine and I require some help.

Firstly let me say this is going to be a quarterly publication starting 1/9/05 just in time for Donnington.

I'm designing the format at the moment but it will be available as a download from the website free for members, hard copies will be available to members with no internet access for a small fee. Non members will have to pay a small fee if they wish to download.

Dave G - any ideas for the background/typeface heading etc I'd value your input as I think you have excellent creative ability in this area.

I have many ideas but I need the following

1) Guest Columnists - I would like to get any interested parties to write a 1 off column along the lines of an editorial, not so much particular stories, more a broader experience of the marque what you think of the various models etc. I'm hoping to get some well known names on the Renault circuit, other owners club chairmen, possibly Renault directors, tuning company heads people like that but everybody welcome.

2) Anecdotal - Experiences with the cars, trips abroad amusing or interesting stories - the 3 Irishman visiting would be good for instance - get writing Dermott!

3) Events - Descriptive articles about any events you've attended recently, I could really do with a story about Le Mans as I didn't go. Peter G some feedback on any trackdays/sprints would be good.

4) Feature Cars - Anybody owning a model a little bit more interesting than usual (modified/interesting history etc) I will run an in depth feature on each month, Shaddy your new A310 looks just the job! Everybody please let me know if you want your car featured.

5) Member Interviews - I intend to feature interviews from 2 members each quarter. A light hearted banter filled chat to let other members know a bit about you and your cars. I'll be collaring people at events soon - Andy Mac I'd like you for the first issue to go with our el presidenti Mr Dell.

Any contributions please configure as a word document and e-mail to Steve at the site address.

I really think with a bit of help I can create something really good. I also need a name for it so suggestions please and we'll have a poll to decide - a small prize to the winner.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.

• Advertisement