Renault & Alpine General Discussion
User

mitchella

Rank

Non Member

Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:23 am

Penicuik, Scotland

Postby mitchella » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:14 pm

I should have added that the feed from the coil goes through 3 connector blocks before it gets to the relay so there's plenty of scope for a bit of corrosion build up. The first is near the coil itself, second is the left one of the three big connectors that go into the back of the dash and third is through a connector that is meant for alarms to be hooked into and I think is located on the side of the console in the passenger footwell, behind the carpet panel. There's just a little loop of wire in that connector that sends the signal back up to the relay.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Wiring

Postby clee » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:35 pm

Have got full wiring info for 1989 models Atmo and Turbo .220 pages , haven't got a spare week or the inclination to scan it all in :roll:
Have posted relay info here
http://www.cldesigns.co.uk/_vti_bin/
Anyone need specifics ,PM .

I'm sure Stephen wouldn't appreciate any more load on this site at the moment .She canne take much more Captain .
no avatar
User

clivebawden

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:02 pm

Cheltenham

Postby clivebawden » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:02 pm

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the advice. However, my problem wasn't fuel related after all, it was a simple electrical problem. When I finally got the distributor cap off (on the atmo it seems easiest to take the air filter off to get at it) the contacts were green with corrosion! That's what a month without using the car can do. A clean up with emery paper and away she went. I'll probably buy a new cap in the near future.
Previous

• Advertisement