Mikael

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:27 pm

Helsingor Denmark

Tuning problems

Postby Mikael » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:15 pm

Hello all. can anyone help.

Had my 501 tuned, but is not going as it should... New turbo Garret tb34 T 3/4 new fuel regulator for more pressure. But it is cutting out at 0.89 bar "ecu". the plan was to run at 1.1 -1.2 bar. I was planning to get a programmeble ecu chip, or a new motor management. i looked at David`s ART page... "two thums up David.." But what to buy in my situation is the question.
Denmark
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

boost limiter

Postby Tony Smith » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:00 pm

Sounds like your hitting the standard boost limiter, you need to buy the ecu piggyback board that removes the factory boost limit.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
no avatar
User

Mikael

Rank

Non Member

Helsingor Denmark

Postby Mikael » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:38 pm

thanks Tony, but do you know if it moves the limiter complitly, or if it just stops at a higher level.

PS. just seen the neews, so you English people have my deep´est sympathy... what a sick world some time.
Denmark
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:58 pm

The piggy back module moves it higher up, it does not remove it. If you remove it completely it affects your full boost fueling and can run lean.
no avatar
User

Mikael

Rank

Non Member

Helsingor Denmark

Postby Mikael » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:42 pm

at what psi/bar level will the piggy.. cut ? and is it only a limit remover or does it help provide the right amount of fuel/air as well ?.Think i have to much fuel less air because as i read in another post, when i let the throtle go a bit it realy takes off. Have seen the adaptronic, when is it going to come out and at what price?
Denmark
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:46 pm

The module will cut around 16-17psi. It is adjustable, but I wouldnt reccommend more than this on a standard ecu.

Do you mean your car is running rich or lean at the moment?

The Adaptronic system will be around £650 as a kit. Will be fitting one to a GTA Turbo soon, once tested it then will be available for sale. :D
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:50 pm

Is that just after the brake kit?? :wink:
no avatar
User

Mikael

Rank

Non Member

Helsingor Denmark

Postby Mikael » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:26 pm

think too rich because of the new fuel pressure regulator.. the lags power when i put the pedal to the floor, and when i let go 2/3, power is back on..
Shounds like that adaptronic is the right way to overcome a lot of problems, in the tuning process. :lol:
Denmark
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:38 am

Yes, probably is the regulator. If you run a GTA rich, they just lose midrange torque. The reason why when you let off the throttle it goes faster, is because at 90% throttle, you activate the wide open throttle switch, which makes the ecu put in more fuel, so combined with the regulator you are now too rich.

• Advertisement