mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

A610 Choke/Air temperature Sender

Postby mettersl » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:35 pm

Posted to help others later!!
Thanks to DG's assistance at the last ACE cafe meet up, I found that the air temperature sender on my A610 was not working (even with Global warming 78 degrees C is unlikely to be correct) so I set out to replace it.
I went to Renault and they got me the correct part listed from the parts book- 77 00 727 105- yours for 44.69 plus VAT. It arrived quickly, but it is NOT the right part for a A610 (or at least a '94 one).
Wrong connection - a flying lead not a socket (but looks better made than the orginal). Reluctantly they took it back and then after a search ordered me the equivalent from a R25 Turbo. This is 77 00 737 572.
Got it overnight, identicle to the original and it fits and works. The best bit- it was only £18.21 (plus VAT).javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy
So any other A610 owners might find this useful- not that I'm wishing a failure on your car........

Cheers
Lee[/b]
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:06 pm

Thats not a R25 Turbo part number, its actually a Laguna/Safrane sensor, which if you remember, I said it probably should be being the slightly newer type of engine management system!
no avatar
User

dermotj

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 10, 2004 10:43 am

Postby dermotj » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:15 pm

the parts fiche has the a610 part the same number as the GTA so it wasn't really the dealers fault - i had noticed that anomaly before
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:33 am

I don't blame the Renault dealer- as you said he gave me what the parts book says it should have.....just thought I could be helpful by posting in case someone else gets this problem too.
David- I'll listen more closely next time- honest!! and thanks for the help in the first place- I'd not have found that fault on my own and it as improved the low end torque.
Are there many other items that the dealer parts system gets wrong?

Thanks
Lee

• Advertisement