User

terry64

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Wolverhampton, West Midlands

Postby terry64 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Hello all,
Just a quick post to say hello. I joined the club yesterday after buying a GTA on Saturday. The car is F43 RTP and I think it is known to
the club. Owned previously by Nick Towe who has obviously spent a lot of cash on the car at RATS. A few minor cosmetic issues to
sort out and hopefully the car will be in my hands later this week.
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Re: new member

Postby PaulC1959 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi Terry and Welcome. :wave
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi Terry. I think you've got a good one there... where in the country are you?
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Welcome to Alpeen Ownership.

I agree it's a good un. Where abouts are you? Can you make Goodwood this weekend?
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
no avatar
User

terry64

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Wolverhampton, West Midlands

Postby terry64 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:01 pm

Hello all and thank you for your comments. In answer to my location, I'm in Wolverhampton, West Mids.
Regrettably I can't make Goodwood this weekend as I'm already committed elsewhere. Regarding
F43 RTP will hopefully collecting car tomorrow from Nick. Insurance & garaging now sorted and yes
i think i've got a good 'un. My original intention was to start looking for a suitable car in spring next
year and so i started trawling internet just to get a feel for what's out there.
Saw Nicks car on pistonheads and ummed & erred, had a quick chat with Lee at RATS who knew
of the car and I still didn't make the call to Nick!!
The inevitable happened and the advert disappeared and i assumed the car had sold.
It was always the intention to get a well sorted car and this one certainly seems to meet
that criteria. When the car was readvertised I just thought well the cash is in the bank earning
b----r all interest so why not
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Hi Welcome

Postby si21 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:01 am

Hi Terry welcome to the wonderful world that is Alpine!!

Look forward to meeting you and seeing the car at some events, it attend and organises some fantastic meets the one on Saturday will be the best to date its a real shame you cant make it. I am sure if a success this will become a regular fixture on an annual basis.

See you soon I hope

Si21
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Update on this one .
Car is back with me for some tweaks and upgrades .Just been on the rollers at Peter B's and looks like I buit it right last time :RATS
Bit of a flat spot on torque but the turbo was making a bit of a whistle about there ...
Next to install these and then back over next Friday for tune and see what we get .It's also having a freeflow exhaust which is being made locally .If we get time I might just do a back to back run with and without this also .
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:52 pm

Good results today .Got some back to back data on setups .Flat spot on original run turned out to be a leaky throttle pot to mani seal .
Car drives very well on this setup .I'll upload some more details on the spec when I get a minute .
Thanks once again to Peter B and of course MoFo :pray
AlpineFinal.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 am

Postby turbell » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:45 am

Crikey O Riley, that looks like a result and a half..........where do I sign?
Is that a turbo/ECU/injector swap plus a sprinkling of Rat magic? , no cams, head work etc, just healthy standard lump?
Well impressed, is it a nice drive? :wave
Better a penniless free man, than a rich prisoner
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:50 am

Yes mate ,thanks .
Turbo,Injectors ,Faulksie ECU and a nice freeflow exhaust .Feels very much as std apart from the extra ooomph .
Exhaust was quite a result showing 8bhp increase on a back to back test .Looks std ,in 304 and sounds a tad deeper .
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 am

Postby turbell » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:11 am

As soon as I've paid for the paintjob, insured two cars and two bikes, taxed three of them and Mot'd two of them I'll start saving.....
Exhaust looks nice, I had one made that looks standard yonks ago in stainless, don't know if its any less restrictive, doesn't sound it.
I have no heat shield so maybe that's something that needs attending to.
Better a penniless free man, than a rich prisoner
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:45 am

Hi all,

Thought I would post up one of the runs I captured on video for Terry and Clee...

http://youtu.be/dP_vK1XM8F4

Good day as Lee said; quite satisfying as the Renix map for these states of tune is pretty spot on, a few fine tweaks here and there only being required. Always try and finesse a bit more with new ideas and test time, such as the back to back silencer test here etc :-) We have done quite a few of these now, so lots of data and history, so pretty much dialled in from the get go... any learnings and updates on the base code and potentially maps from each of our sessions get sent out to all with the RATS / faulksi ecu - yep you get to swap the chips yourself and be involved, one of the advantages of incremental development, team ethos, and club spirit :-)

Hope you have good fun in it Terry :up

Cheers,
Martin
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Some Show to go with the GO ! New windscreen fitted and trim revitalised .Screen had been leaking badly .The wipers had started to run all the time, timer relay was full of water :toilet

User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:52 pm

Looks a nice smooth map, and very impressive torque too. I ran my GTA Turbo in a very similar spec to that except for the MoFo ECU mods and the injectors which were always the limiting factors from tweaking it that bit further. Considering none of the chip tuning brigade could never remap them its impressive that a one man outfit has got this far with it. I'll have a guess at the boost pressure and say 1.2 bar :0). Should be a nice drive :0)
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Running a bar Tony, still on the oe sensor .13 psi at the manifold so 14/15 at the blower .
Next

• Advertisement