empty

Rank

Non Member

Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:28 am

Manchester

atmo interior cooling fan

Postby empty » Mon May 30, 2005 11:06 am

Hi all,
My '89 atmo interior cooling fan seems to run as soon as I turn on the ignition. Is this right??
The three speeds on the rotary centre console switch seem to add 3 further levels of power but there is definitely a mild airflow through the LH binnacle vent as soon as I switch on the car??
My battery recently flattened itself for no apparent reason, (although I recently had an alarm/immobiliser fitted!) but I was wondering whether the fan was right.
regards
Mark
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon May 30, 2005 11:20 am

empty

Thers's always a bit of flow even when switch is off,but your battery won't be affected by this as the fan only runs when the car is running.More likely to be engine cooling fans that are draining it as they can still be running a long time after you switch off.I''ve just this minute replaced my battery as it died on me yesterday .Have put a bigger unit in # 097 as the standard ones aren't really man enough for the job.Check your charging OK tho.
no avatar
User

empty

Rank

Non Member

Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:28 am

Manchester

Postby empty » Mon May 30, 2005 8:02 pm

Thnx Clee
its wierd that its the 2 centre vents only, nothing out of the outer 2?
Anyway if thats normal then cool :)
Actually when the battery died, 1 of the conections was not 100% so I'm hoping it was that. The replacement died after a drive of about 10 miles but I think that is knackered. My origional battery is now charged and back in and so far so good.

My rad fan goes off with the ignition!! any idea why that might be?
It certainly works while the engine is on as I can hear it, but am pretty sure that other GTA's I viewed prior to purchase had their fans running for a while after test drive.
Have found the fuse in fuse box but can't see the 1 mentioned in a previous post that is behind drivers side headlamp. Any1 know if there is another position for this second fuse?
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon May 30, 2005 8:38 pm

I think the two fuses behind headlamp cover are only there if you have air con.Two fans on these to make up for the reduced flow due to the evaporator.The fans you hear after stopping are rear fans in the engine bay not rad fans,they will switch off with iginition.

• Advertisement