stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: The new Alpine topic

Postby stephendell » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:20 am

Now removed. Did you download the file first?
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:10 pm

Postby Didz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:23 am

Monoposto wrote:What month for the top gear issue?

Also where is Didz? He always had good inside info it seemed...

I'm still there mate; it's just that if i don't have any real interesting news, i don't always post. ;)
It seems press road tests are due in September/October. Can't wait for it.
Otherwise they're talking a lot about Alpine SUV which is due to be a money maker for the brand and announced for 2019.
I don't mind them making an SUV, as long as they can deliver us some great sportscars.
There's even some already talking about a 4 doors coupé; difficult to know where they are in their product plan, though.
IMHO, this A110 promises a lot when I Watch for the videos on YT.
Many complain the price is too high, but honnestly, for such a pleasure car, i don't think so.
Nice looking, light weight, reasonnable power, great interior (IMHO), must be real cracker and fun on the curvy
mountain roads just next where i leave... ;)
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:23 am

Didz wrote:

I'm still there mate; it's just that if i don't have any real interesting news, i don't always post. ;)
Otherwise they're talking a lot about Alpine SUV which is due to be a money maker for the brand and announced for 2019.
I don't mind them making an SUV, as long as they can deliver us some great sportscars.
There's even some already talking about a 4 doors coupé; difficult to know where they are in their product plan, though.
Many complain the price is too high, but honnestly, for such a pleasure car, i don't think so.
Nice looking, light weight, reasonnable power, great interior (IMHO), must be real cracker and fun on the curvy

Any info on the cup version Didz? Race or Rally?
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Postby Didz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:22 pm

eastlmark wrote:
Didz wrote:

Any info on the cup version Didz? Race or Rally?

No info leaking yet, mate. Think they're more circuit experience oriented at the moment, providing customers circuit drive/race pleasure. I think they want to make the brand like a real little passionnate mates, but making money with sort of SUVs things which is really not my cup of tea but if it makes money for the brand, then ok; leave it.
no avatar
User

Monoposto

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 14, 2017 11:43 pm

Postby Monoposto » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:26 am

BIG_MVS wrote:

August 2017.

http://magazinelib.com/all/bbc-top-gear ... gust-2017/

Thank you. I will have to take a look, as I think our issues may be a month behind across the pond.
no avatar
User

Monoposto

Rank

Non Member

Postby Monoposto » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:33 am

Didz wrote:

Woohoo!

I agree. I think Alpine may have a winner. The cup car is a bit of a surprise as I was thinking the next step would've been to announce the car in Oz or another country.
User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Postby Didz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:31 am

Yes, think they have a real cracker here.
On another forum, one bloke who went to Geneva told this story :
A rich guy who owns Mc Laren, Aston Matin etc.. went on the Alpine stand.
He didn't know about the First Edition which was already sold out.
He said, I want a FE, no matter what it costs, I want one.
My worry is that it looks like such a success that the factory might not follow the demand.
Heard there's some plan to sell in Oz as well, but in Japan first because of many fans over there. ;)
no avatar
User

Monoposto

Rank

Non Member

Postby Monoposto » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:36 am

Here's an article talking about bringing the car to north america that was kind of interesting.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/globe- ... ice=mobile

I thought I was the only American that was begging Alpine to bring this car here, but apparently not!
no avatar
User

Monoposto

Rank

Non Member

Postby Monoposto » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:49 am

no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:06 am

Oh dear Alpines yummy mums car. :Ass_Kick
no avatar
User

Monoposto

Rank

Non Member

Postby Monoposto » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:01 am

To be honest I get people's animosity towards the SUV, but if it helps to keep the brand alive I'm all for it.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:24 am

I disagree Renault entire range is almost all SUV, how many more do they need. Alpine is only just being launched, and to start with maybe they should consider putting all there efforts in to re launching the brand and heritage of Alpine as the new generation doesn't know. If they were smart the Alpine name should be recognised like Cosworth to ford, maybe at a later date put an Alpine engine in a fast renault but don't make Alpine SUV might as well make an estate and a super mini as well.
The next Alpines should be soft top then big power 350/400 not xpanding the product range into the main streem Renault have that covered.
User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Postby paulrob100 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Unfortunately, having an SUV in your premium model line-up is almost mandatory these days. Look at Porsche, Maserati & Jaguar.

It is a fact that Porsche sells six new Macans to one Boxter / Cayman. Its the sales of these SUV`s that produce the profit to enable Porsche to continue the development of its sports cars. Its simple maths, & with Porsche being part of the VW / Audi group, profit is essential, so its no surprise that there will be a commonality of parts. The Macan is based on the Audi Q5 & the Cayenne uses the Q7 floorpan etc. If Alpine is to exist, it will also have to show a profit. I don't love the idea of an Alpine SUV, but just look around, SUV`s sell.
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Postby Didz » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:02 pm

paulrob100 wrote:Unfortunately, having an SUV in your premium model line-up is almost mandatory these days. Look at Porsche, Maserati & Jaguar.

It is a fact that Porsche sells six new Macans to one Boxter / Cayman. Its the sales of these SUV`s that produce the profit to enable Porsche to continue the development of its sports cars. Its simple maths, & with Porsche being part of the VW / Audi group, profit is essential, so its no surprise that there will be a commonality of parts. The Macan is based on the Audi Q5 & the Cayenne uses the Q7 floorpan etc. If Alpine is to exist, it will also have to show a profit. I don't love the idea of an Alpine SUV, but just look around, SUV`s sell.

++1 !
Don't forget Renault wants Alpine to be an autonomous stadalone brand.
I don't really care they do some SUV as long as they can offer some cracky sportscars.
Like you say, I see many more Macan/Cayenne than Cayman/Boxter/911.
SUV trend does'nt look to decrease, so why not make money out of it ?
Passionnates mates always will know what it is all about. ;)
no avatar
User

Monoposto

Rank

Non Member

Postby Monoposto » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Didz wrote:
paulrob100 wrote:Unfortunately, having an SUV in your premium model line-up is almost mandatory these days. Look at Porsche, Maserati & Jaguar.

++1 !
Don't forget Renault wants Alpine to be an autonomous stadalone brand.
I don't really care they do some SUV as long as they can offer some cracky sportscars.
Like you say, I see many more Macan/Cayenne than Cayman/Boxter/911.
SUV trend does'nt look to decrease, so why not make money out of it ?
Passionnates mates always will know what it is all about. ;)

Yep. You and Paul are 100% correct.
With the push for the SUV and the partnership with Mercedes. I think this will give Alpine an edge so to speak if they want to break into the NA market. (Fingers crossed) I can see them piggybacking off of the "luxury" and upscale reputation merc has here in the states, using their dealerships, particularly if they fit a merc lump into the SUV.

I found some interesting articles this week as well.

Apparently there are some Americans that are buying this car in Germany!: https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/globe- ... ice=mobile

Also looks like they are finalising the car for oz:
http://www.caradvice.com.au/574033/alpi ... n-release/
PreviousNext

• Advertisement