User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Re: The new Alpine topic

Postby paulrob100 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:20 am

Super article in Septembers issue of CAR magazine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Monoposto wrote:To be honest I get people's animosity towards the SUV, but if it helps to keep the brand alive I'm all for it.

Reluctantly agree. Renault needs a credible premium brand and Alpine could provide it. (I personally thinking all this branding stuff is utter crap - unfortunately most punters think otherwise, and Renault/Alpine need to operate in the marketplace as it is - not how I would like it)
no avatar
User

Monoposto

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 14, 2017 11:43 pm

Postby Monoposto » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:18 am

Saw this posted on Facebook about the AS110:
http://www.auto-moto.com/nouveautes/sco ... tml#item=1
no avatar
User

Monoposto

Rank

Non Member

Postby Monoposto » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:14 am

Geez, the French sure are antsy for this car. Reading the FAR forum they act as though they should be driving the thing already!

I realize the drip feed of information is a bit tenuous, but the car was only officially announced in february!
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Monoposto wrote:Geez, the French sure are antsy for this car. Reading the FAR forum they act as though they should be driving the thing already!

I realize the drip feed of information is a bit tenuous, but the car was only officially announced in february!

They were supposed to announcing the Specs of the Premier edition and standard issue by now (post Frankfurt), so clearly something has slipped. I asked my dealer who was going to speak to the factory a couple of weeks back about it, but he hasn't come back to me, so I suspect it hasn't been decided. Porsche upping the spec of the 718 and (in effect) lowering the price may have given them pause for thought.

French apart, I can't see many being prepared to pay more for an Alpine than a similarly equipped Cayman - the Porsche brand is too strong (yes I agree branding is BS, but somehow I can't think Renault ever considered branding it a Dacia!)
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:10 pm

This is a repeat of history, wake up Renault Alpine is a strong brand but don't pitch against Porsche. It is an iconic brand with a massive following all over the world you will not win.
If you sell out to AMG you may have a chance but you will have lost your soul, and you will be absorbed.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:16 pm

It's not a Renault ...its an Alpeen...Renault don't support the marque any more ...just saying like ...Bunch of asp !! ;-)
no avatar
User

Monoposto

Rank

Non Member

Postby Monoposto » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:19 am

bcr5784 wrote:
Monoposto wrote:Geez, the French sure are antsy for this car. Reading the FAR forum they act as though they should be driving the thing already!

They were supposed to announcing the Specs of the Premier edition and standard issue by now (post Frankfurt), so clearly something has slipped. I asked my dealer who was going to speak to the factory a couple of weeks back about it, but he hasn't come back to me, so I suspect it hasn't been decided. Porsche upping the spec of the 718 and (in effect) lowering the price may have given them pause for thought.

French apart, I can't see many being prepared to pay more for an Alpine than a similarly equipped Cayman - the Porsche brand is too strong (yes I agree branding is BS, but somehow I can't think Renault ever considered branding it a Dacia!)

They have reduced the price in the u.k. or Europe as a whole?

The base Cayman is about the same price as what the conversion for the PE A110 would be here in the u.s. spec out more options and the price can sky rocket for the porsche.

The A110 would also be something "different" here in the u.s. couple that with a large sportscar market (40+% I believe) and it seems like a no brainer. The demand seems like it is there, as I have heard rumors of Americans buying up the A110 in europe.

Not sure if people have canceled orders over the porsche yet though or not?
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:25 am

[/quote]

They have reduced the price in the u.k. or Europe as a whole?

The base Cayman is about the same price as what the conversion for the PE A110 would be here in the u.s. spec out more options and the price can sky rocket for the porsche.

The A110 would also be something "different" here in the u.s. couple that with a large sportscar market (40+% I believe) and it seems like a no brainer. The demand seems like it is there, as I have heard rumors of Americans buying up the A110 in europe.

Not sure if people have canceled orders over the porsche yet though or not?[/quote]

They haven't actually reduced the price, they have actually raised it - but have included Sat Nav which would have raised the price more when it was an option.

It's a bit difficult to compare options (especially as we are not yet sure what the PE will have) , but I was told that the price range will be 50-60k Euros depending on spec. - more than the 718 Cayman at todays £ exchange rate. So the A110 would have to be well equipped as standard (imo) to compete with the 718 - which might make the PE look a bit pricey. Obviously you can price a Porsche up much higher - but that's mostly with "bling" items, and I suspect Alpine buyers may be more dynamics, rather than bling, orientated.
no avatar
User

Monoposto

Rank

Non Member

Postby Monoposto » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:45 am

Bcr, did you receive any emails recently? It appears from reading FAR, that deliveries will begin sometime in December and the PE's will be done mid 2018.

Here's the thread for more info:https://forum.alpinerenault.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=35592&start=360
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:48 am

Monoposto wrote:Bcr, did you receive any emails recently? It appears from reading FAR, that deliveries will begin sometime in December and the PE's will be done mid 2018.

Here's the thread for more info:https://forum.alpinerenault.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=35592&start=360

Thanks for that - straight from the horse's mouth. It's directed at French readers, so I'm not sure where RHD vehicles fit in. Certainly the App says not until 2018 and I think the post only addresses PEs, so it's not clear if standard cars will follow PEs or overlap.

I've not been asked to approach a dealer yet (unlike the French guys) so I'm anticipating delivery won't be that early in 2018. In any case it's Hobson's choice at the moment as I know of only one UK dealer in Basingstoke.

I've seen the journos will be given cars to drive in the next month or so, hopefully things will become clearer by then,
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:51 am

bcr5784 wrote:
Monoposto wrote:Bcr, did you receive any emails recently? It appears from reading FAR, that deliveries will begin sometime in December and the PE's will be done mid 2018.

Thanks for that - straight from the horse's mouth. It's directed at French readers, so I'm not sure where RHD vehicles fit in. Certainly the App says not until 2018 and I think the post only addresses PEs, so it's not clear if standard cars will follow PEs or overlap.

I've not been asked to approach a dealer yet (unlike the French guys) so I'm anticipating delivery won't be that early in 2018. In any case it's Hobson's choice at the moment as I know of only one UK dealer in Basingstoke.

I've seen the journos will be given cars to drive in the next month or so, hopefully things will become clearer by then,

List of dealers from earlier on in this thread... Basingstoke not included.
stephendell wrote:Full List

Angleterre

Alpine Orpington: 1 Crofton Road BR6 8AB Orpington
AKA Renault Orpington

Alpine Londres: Concord Road – Western Avenue W3 ORZ London
AKA Renault London West

Alpine Manchester: Trinity Way M3 7FT Manchester
AKA Renault Manchester

Alpine Solihull: 270 Stratford Road – Shirley B90 3AD Solihull
AKA Renault Solihull

Not sure why you would need dealers so close in London & Orpington but they have been based near where the orders were placed and Joe lives near Orpington lol
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 am

In my emails today re PE Deliveries to UK.

Our plan is to start deliveries of the new A110 in left hand drive before the end of this year. UK deliveries (in right hand drive) will start in spring 2018 and will be completed by summer 2018.

The dealer network will be confirmed early 2018.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:29 am

Squares with a conversation I had with the West London Alpine dealer. He didn't have any really concrete information - but was as helpful as he could and seemed at least as frustrated as us with the lack of information. He was hoping to have an early (pre-production build) RHD car to demonstrate in Feb next year.

Seems like the whole process has slipped about 3 months.

He believed that when UK dealers had been officially appointed, those who have pre-ordered would be contacted and invited to get in touch with the dealer of their choice - just like the French are now. Sounds like that won't happen until the New Year.
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:38 pm

My thoughts exactly.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement