User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Re: The new Alpine topic

Postby paulrob100 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:13 pm

Agreed, it would have been nice to have a Porsche with a similar spec to the Alpine on test . However at the end of the day, these days, the list price is irrelevant. It all down to monthly payments on a PCP deal. Porsche has rock solid residuals. The Alpine is unknown as yet & will be penalised as such.
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:10 pm

Postby Didz » Sun May 20, 2018 7:52 am

Spotted at Spa... :up

User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Tue May 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Be interesting to see how mappable the engine is, none of the tuners I've looked at have anything for the 1.8 turbo yet but can't believe they won't be able to get it past 300bhp comfortably. And while it might not "need" more power, from a marketing point of view it really does. Turbo Cayman will map past 400bhp I would think if the recent turbo engines coming out of the VAG are anything to go by.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Wed May 23, 2018 8:35 am

I don't get the obsession with power outputs and 0-60 times, the most enjoyable cars are the ones you can have fun with not the ones that race away from the lights.

Most of these powerful cars are designed for the autobahns not B roads. Thats where a narrow nimble light and well balanced car is such a joy to drive.

I will reserve final judgement until I drive one I am happy with the performance figures that I have seen for the Alpine.
Its all about the corners. :A610
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Fri May 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Nice review in What Car. They place it first above the Cayman S.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/alpine-a11 ... n-verdict/
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Postby Trevor Skedge » Sun May 27, 2018 8:22 am

Called into the Alpine centre at Hatfield last week but no signage or anything relating to Alpine was seen. Spoke to a salesman that knew nothing about the car except it I was there a week before and has a race button right there in front of you. Left my details as the person that deals with Alpine wasn't there but would get back to me. Nothing.

Trevor.
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Sun May 27, 2018 8:39 am

Trevor Skedge wrote:Called into the Alpine centre at Hatfield last week but no signage or anything relating to Alpine was seen. Spoke to a salesman that knew nothing about the car except it I was there a week before and has a race button right there in front of you. Left my details as the person that deals with Alpine wasn't there but would get back to me. Nothing.

Trevor.
Hi Trevor,

The dealer network is still in progress and should be up and running in July. The Alpine Centre in St Albans is a franchise run by Martins and the adviser is called Mike.

If you've got any questions on the A110 and struggling on getting answers, feel free to get in touch with me.

Ian
Alpine Centre Manchester

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Postby Trevor Skedge » Sun May 27, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi Ian,

Thank for taking an interest and I'll be in touch if there is anything specific. I thought I'd see when they would have a demo and get myself on any mailing list for direct updates, figured a local dealer would want to make the most of potential customers and therefore be quick to update me.

Trevor.
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Sun May 27, 2018 8:05 pm

Trevor Skedge wrote:Hi Ian,

Thank for taking an interest and I'll be in touch if there is anything specific. I thought I'd see when they would have a demo and get myself on any mailing list for direct updates, figured a local dealer would want to make the most of potential customers and therefore be quick to update me.

Trevor.
No worries at all,Trevor.

The network should be getting showroom and demo cars at some stage in July.

Inbox me on here if you need anything specific.

Ian

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon May 28, 2018 11:22 am

Trevor Skedge wrote:Called into the Alpine centre at Hatfield last week but no signage or anything relating to Alpine was seen. Spoke to a salesman that knew nothing about the car except it I was there a week before and has a race button right there in front of you. Left my details as the person that deals with Alpine wasn't there but would get back to me. Nothing.

Trevor.

Think its Glyn Hopkins at St Albans that's the Alpine dealer Trevor. I just got another van from them and they have Alpine on the business cards anyway.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

Williams

Rank

Non Member

Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:14 am

Hampshire

Postby Williams » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:33 pm

Newly released specifications and prices!

For the next run of the critically acclaimed Alpine A110 'Premier Edition' are two new models. 'Pure' and 'Legend' The Pure being a more stripped back version weighing in at just under 1100kgs whilst the Legend follows on from the Premier as more of a GT model.

https://alpineplanet.com/alpine-devoile-le-prix-des-options-de-la110-pure-et-legende/

Ive already spec'd out my 'Pure' version... ::G ::R ::I ::S :D

Discuss..! :up
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Typical Rena...Alpine...there'll be a 'Special edition' every month.....I'll wait for the Zandra Rhodes model ....
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Postby Trevor Skedge » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:03 pm

I’m wondering if there will be any Premiere editions available when delivery finally arrives, will have to wait and see. White would be my choice I think.

Trevor,
no avatar
User

hmy7k

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Postby hmy7k » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:01 am

Now the prices have been announced has anyone decided on their spec.

I think I am going lightweight, so;

Pure
Alpine Blue or Blue Abyss
Sports Exhaust
Rear Parking sensors

Not sure about wheels, either stick with the standard wheels, upgrade to the Fuchs or buy some aftermarket OZ ultraleggera's.
Its all about the corners. :A610
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:20 am

clee wrote:Typical Rena...Alpine...there'll be a 'Special edition' every month.....I'll wait for the Zandra Rhodes model ....

think these are the "production" versions rather than special editions.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement