User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Re: The new Alpine topic

Postby Tony Smith » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 am

Blackbess wrote:I would suggest You try a test drive. I'm sure afterwards You couldn't care less what it will be worth in 15 years

I think the point is more being able to afford it in the first place , not being worried what it's worth. PCPs create the illusion of affordability but long term is a much more expensive way to buy a car. Be very interested to see how the second hand values go. I have a feeling limited demand may well keep prices strong.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:54 am

It doesn't need more power (although it could easily be upgraded to Megane RS spec anyway) except from a sales point of view, if there are similar substantially faster (on paper) cars at the same price point it will count against the Alpine because most drivers won't appreciate the tactility and balance. It's 0-60 and 0-100 times are identical to the times Dave Miles' GTA posted at Brunty last year - which is slightly up hill.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:02 pm

I agree power isn’t everything it should be more about torque and flexibility, however if you have spent your dosh, I would expect not to get burned of at the lights by its competitors.
Also most people will never drive the car anywhere near it’s capability as it would scare them sh-tless.
no avatar
User

Trikster

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Postby Trikster » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi Guys, lurked and now member - placed a deposit when the car first announced so hopefully any day now

Must admit the purchasing experience has been pretty poor - not much driving the excitement and anticipation - had a few cars I've had to wait for and the sales teams have always been in constant contact with snippets of info etc - but with this car nothing - mot even a note that the dealer cars are in....

That said, can't wait to get the car - big fan of light(er) cars with 'sufficient' power as well as the more powerful stuff

#1 at my dealer, but car going to detailers first, so hope they give me some notice rather than "ta da - it's here!"

If it's soon I've got a couple of track days planned that I'll give it an outing on - so watch this space....
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:42 pm

I was told by a main steam (not Renault or Alpine) dealer, that as soon as a buyer has signed the dotted line.... they get a little depressed, because the excitement of what decision to make has be finalised. I would expect the Alpine dealer to be keeping in regular contact to keep you excited, in case you took your deposit some where else. After all, what else has he got to do with out any stock etc.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

Blackbess

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Postby Blackbess » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:05 pm

Trikster wrote:Hi Guys, lurked and now member - placed a deposit when the car first announced so hopefully any day now

Must admit the purchasing experience has been pretty poor - not much driving the excitement and anticipation - had a few cars I've had to wait for and the sales teams have always been in constant contact with snippets of info etc - but with this car nothing - mot even a note that the dealer cars are in...

Correct, Since I made My reservation, I heared nothing from Alpine, After the 2.000€ Deposit I just received a standard e-mail with My reservation number, that was a few months ago !!! The only news I have from the manufacturer is the news I saw on the internet.
This is very poor from an auto brand who claims to be exclusive! Having said that it is and stays a great little car to drive!
Forget more power! More power ads to larger tyres, heavier brakes and heavier driveline components, and before You know You have added 400 pounds to the car and You won't have an Alpine but a Porsche !!!
User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:10 pm

Postby Didz » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:32 pm

I Wonder if that Alpine "non" communication thing is done on purpose.
It maintains a sort of intriguing feeling while we know most (all?) reviews have been very positive about a car that brings fresh blood in the sportscar segment.

For those interested, many info on the French FAR forum where many already owners share their experience with the new A110.
You hav to Google translate, though...

https://forum.alpinerenault.com/viewfor ... e6bddce1fe
One of the topic is "I bought it, i drive it and i share my experience", very interesting.

As a bonus, some great (i think) pictures of the car in its element posted from the Alps.
The guy did some drone pictures as well.

https://forum.alpinerenault.com/viewtop ... 80&t=37900
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:28 pm

Didz wrote:I Wonder if that Alpine "non" communication thing is done on purpose.
It maintains a sort of intriguing feeling while we know most (all?) reviews have been very positive about a car that brings fresh blood in the sportscar segment.

I think your being generous, I think you'll find it's simply Renault have no idea what constitutes customer service :)
no avatar
User

apex_mb

Rank

Non Member

Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Postby apex_mb » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:39 am

Trikster wrote:Hi Guys, lurked and now member - placed a deposit when the car first announced so hopefully any day now

Must admit the purchasing experience has been pretty poor - not much driving the excitement and anticipation - had a few cars I've had to wait for and the sales teams have always been in constant contact with snippets of info etc - but with this car nothing - mot even a note that the dealer cars are in....

That said, can't wait to get the car - big fan of light(er) cars with 'sufficient' power as well as the more powerful stuff

#1 at my dealer, but car going to detailers first, so hope they give me some notice rather than "ta da - it's here!"

If it's soon I've got a couple of track days planned that I'll give it an outing on - so watch this space....

Have been a bit of a lurker too, but since it's August and therefore delivery month thought I'd post too. Very much looking forward to it arriving now... Was lucky enough to have a (admittedly short and slow!) go at Goodwood, it is indeed brilliant.

Good to see the cars coming through to the dealerships in numbers now; it'll be a busy month for them that's for sure!

In terms of track days, Alpine have one of their La Piste Bleue events booked in at Goodwood for 16th Oct. Should hopefully get a few PEs there - it looks good.

https://youtu.be/QIjWmOYB2l0
User

AlanM

Rank

Non Member

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Surrey

Postby AlanM » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:24 am

Max Wilson at the Alpine Centre Orpington has just emailed me to say that he has a A110 Premiere Edition in Alpine Bleu unexpectedly available due to a cancelled order. The total cost of it is £51,805.

It's very tempting but I'm currently leaning towards a Legende for several reasons but mainly because of the seats - even though I'll have to wait.

An opportunity for someone though... Max's phone number is 01689 308079 if you're interested.
2 x GTA Turbo
no avatar
User

Trikster

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Postby Trikster » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 am

Well exchanged emails with the dealer yesterday, did express my frustration a bit too - getting more help from dealers on here than from mine - thanks to those who emailed me

Excuse is that they don’t know what’s coming when, so despite an early deposit and a low number other cars have turned up before mine - they don’t know what’s coming until they see the plaque on the car.

Sounds like it’s a learning exercise for them too - but they’ve a lot to learn if they want to operate in this market - whilst early days and folks are excited I know people who I will walk from a marque if the customer service isn’t up to scratch.

Been told all their cars should be with them by mid-month - despite a direct question (and confirmation from elsewhere) they still didn’t confirm that the cars had to be registered by Aug 31 - could be tricky personally if mines later in the month as I’m away and ‘off grid’

Interesting about the track day - when I met face to face with my sales guy a month or so back he found out about my track cars etc so you would have thought they would have mentioned that to me too - enjoy driving at Goodwood - even got married there ;)

Mind you - I’ve another car inbound next year - and for that I had to justify myself with a list of previously owned cars to see if I was deemed worthy :Douh
no avatar
User

olliep

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am

Postby olliep » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:13 pm

Just Joined since my PE in Blue is due soon :) (also been lurking a while on here)
i think i used to be a member back 2006 ish, i had a clio 182 trophy and joined to get infield parking at Renault world series?.

I have a clio 182 trophy again now not the same one though, I have had this one for around 7 years. currently my daily as my 275 megane trophy has now gone to make way for my A110.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:37 pm

olliep wrote:Just Joined since my PE in Blue is due soon :) (also been lurking a while on here)
i think i used to be a member back 2006 ish, i had a clio 182 trophy and joined to get infield parking at Renault world series?.

I have a clio 182 trophy again now not the same one though, I have had this one for around 7 years. currently my daily as my 275 megane trophy has now gone to make way for my A110.

cool, good days those WSR times! welcome back.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

apex_mb

Rank

Non Member

Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Postby apex_mb » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:37 pm

Trikster wrote:Interesting about the track day - when I met face to face with my sales guy a month or so back he found out about my track cars etc so you would have thought they would have mentioned that to me too - enjoy driving at Goodwood - even got married there ;)

In fairness think the date was only confirmed recently - with the listed price of €440. Registration isn't open yet from what I can tell, but the one in France looked great.

https://www.lapistebleue.com/
no avatar
User

Braemar

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Postby Braemar » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Great to see a few more Alpine A110 Premiere Edition future owners on here.

I have to say that my experience of communication with Alpine Manchester and the brand in the U.K. have been really good.

Been kept up to date by Ian on the cars production and general whereabouts over the last couple of weeks .

Nice walk round video from Alpine Winchester whilst we await those transporters ....https://video.citnow.com/vt97V1y9Dbt
PreviousNext

• Advertisement