no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Re: The new Alpine topic

Postby MFaulks » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:23 pm

Custard wrote:The marketing departments have identified this and most major manufacturers are all launching redesigns of some of their classic models from that era to appeal to this growing cash rich market. I think even Citroen are launching a redesign of the 2CV

.. and for good reason...

VDA_Deutscher_Oldtimer_Index_Rangliste_Wertentwicklung_EN.2016-02-12-12-14-09.jpg

.. affordable classics... ummm...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:10 pm

Postby Didz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:30 pm

careon wrote:Does anyone know if its a proper mid engine (Boxster) - or just a transverse engine moved to the back like an Elise/VX220 ???

It's a tranverse; we're talking a 1.8Turbo available with 250 or 300bhp, but that's nothing official.
For what I heard on a French forum from an insider who saw the car yesterday for the first time, engine sound looks great.
He said the car is really appealing and has great presence.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Look like Caterham still keen to make theirs too:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/cate ... spartanntp
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:42 pm

stephendell wrote:Look like Caterham still keen to make theirs too:

have they just let slip that this is a Front engine car after all????
has there been any confirmation it even is mid engine?
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:07 pm

eastlmark wrote:
stephendell wrote:Look like Caterham still keen to make theirs too:

have they just let slip that this is a Front engine car after all????
has there been any confirmation it even is mid engine?

Mark..think the Alpine is mid...as that article mentions......

"Caterham’s new sports car would be rear-wheel drive and have its engine mounted in the front — unlike the C120, which was mid-engined. MacDonald said that was a compromiseagreed with Alpine, which was keen for the C120 to emulate Alpine sports cars of the past."
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:24 pm

One of the reasons they fell out I think. They wanted different layouts. Alpine knew they would never sell it as front engine.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:38 pm

Me skim reading as ever...lack of grills and intakes though almost make it believable... wonder how many deposits would be returned if it was!
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:50 pm

Most of them lol
User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Postby Didz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:18 am

Apparently, the new Alpine will be unveiled next Sunday at the 85th Monte-Carlo Rally.
There is some chance it will be red. Celebration concept (Blue), Alpine Vison (White), road version (Red).
Source : The automobilist. I added Google translation.

https://theautomobilist.fr/actualite/al ... HNt40uYZQJ

Since the time that we awaited this famous Alpine of the renewal, here it is finally or almost. Between the shows cars, the rolling versions not definitive but almost, the affair of partnership with Caterham, no or little com, we ended up doubting.
Lastly, it was the sale of the first 1,955 copies and finally the opening of the reservations of the coupé that allowed to relaunch the official communication that seemed to skate since we all thought to discover the Dieppe coupe under the Christmas tree, which was not Not the case.
  But here, the coupe arrives and it is for soon since to the image that what had been proposed in 2016 is on the occasion of the 85th edition of the legendary Monte Carlo rally (16-22 / 01 / 2017) that Alpine will unveil the standard version of the new Alpine.
If we believe our information, intersected this week end by contacts in the Alpes Maritimes and the Principality of Monaco, it is just before the two and a half days of reconnaissance scheduled from Monday 16 January to Wednesday 18 January that Alpine Will present the coupé of the rebirth.
Difficult to tell you more about the subject at the moment since we are more or less in the same wait-and-see position as our colleagues of the web and the written press about the detailed specifications, the performances, the equipment endowment and the tariff of the Different versions announced whose power ratings are estimated, according to the rumors and noises of corridor, between 250 and 320 hp.
The heading is now set for the day of Sunday, January 15, 2018 to normally see the appearance and in its version of the one that could bear the name of A120 and help the revival of the automobile company created by Jean Rédélé In 1955. The public should be able to discover the car on stand from next March at the Geneva Motor Show.

User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Postby Didz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:12 am

The presentation on Jan 15th information has been denied...

Google translate :

While several media announce the future Alpine in raising of the curtain of the next Rally of Monte Carlo WRC (January 16/22), the checks made with the service of press of the mark inform us that his presentation was rejected.
Several dates are possible: the Monte-Carlo Historic from 25 January to 1 February, mid-February before the presentation of the new Formula 1 2017 Renault on 21 or before the Geneva Motor Show which starts on 6 March press. During our interview with Michael van der Sande at the Mondial de Paris, we were always told that the car would be presented before Geneva.
Why ?

With the reservations of the First Edition and the new version of the new Berlinette, which took place in mid-December 2016, the order book and production of the Dieppoise brand is full. What to have material and work in perspective, for the teams, on the production of the copies of the launch series. Due to the unexpected success of the reservations, via the dedicated mobile application, the urgency of the presentation is no longer as imperative. Alpine can therefore "take the time, that of its success" to fine-tune a media launch that she wishes perfect.

After all, we are no more than a week away, and we can take our pain in patience. The sequel, soon ...
User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Postby Didz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Despite any other info, we're almost sure about the car's name.
It will be AS110 for Alpine Sport 110.
The AS110 name patent has been booked by Renault for whole Europe and international countries.
On the deposit document, we can see in whcich countries the name has been booked; it includes the US, so probably they expect to sell it there as well.

Countries out of Europe :
Australie,  Chine,  Japon,  États-Unis d’Amérique (Protocole)

https://alpineplanet.com/un-nom-depose- ... ine-as110/
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Just had this in a news letter from my insurance company...

http://adrianflux-email.co.uk/_act/link ... &varId=231

Just thought I would share...
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

SwagSupercarsDad

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:36 pm

Postby SwagSupercarsDad » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:06 am

Thanks for sharing that - quite a nice potted history of Alpine in that article.
... with a Little ::Y ::E ::L ::L ::O ::W
::S ::P ::I ::D ::E ::R - and that was nice! :D
User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Postby Didz » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:58 am

The new Alpine will probably be unveiled early March during a standalone event, as officials stated already.
What is now sure, it will be at the Geneva Motorshow as Alpine is officially part of the 2017 exhibitors (stand 4242).
Few weeks to wait left...

http://www.gims.swiss/en/page/plan-of-the-show-7456

User

Didz

Rank

Non Member

Postby Didz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Some info start to emerge. Chassis & body will be in aluminium.

http://us13.campaign-archive2.com/?u=be ... f6ce590eff

PreviousNext

• Advertisement