Alpiniste

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:01 pm

Nr Edinburgh, Scotland

A610 tuning options, looking for inputs

Postby Alpiniste » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:47 pm

OK.

Work has prevented me finding the time over winter to do the job and there are no signs of it easing up.

SO, looking for recommendations on some options.

I'd prefer to see the engine taken out and the rear subframe checked and treated. I've heard of a recall about some bad welds, is there any way to check as my car spent 3 years in Spain in the hands of the BBC so likely NOT to have been done.

Next, on the engine, IF it's all out to get the head gaskets done then I'm thinking what could be undertaken to improve things.

New silicone piping for example ?

Uprating the turbo or cams - what have others done. ?

I've had some conversations with Axel Ress in Germany on getting it up to 350bhp. Anyone got good/bad comments about them ?

Anyone in the UK able and willing to put their hand up and offer to do similar/better ?

Anything else I shoudl have anyone look over if we're going to the effort of takign the engine out ?? eg clutch :), sensors etc.

I'm more than happy to take PMs if folks wish to remain anonymous :)

thanks guys
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:46 pm

Have you thought about a simple boost upgrade for starters. Even at the max limit of the ecu at 14psi of boost you will be seeing around 285bhp and 300lb torque.

Did Axel mention about what he was doing to get to his levels? As Rz mentioned on a previous post, he has a customer with an A610 with a supposed 380bhp, with bigger turbo, cams. The standard A610 turbocharger is very good to start and can cope with the extra boost, and the cams are alot better than the ones found in the GTA, so I can't see how he has gained another 100bhp, unless he is running silly boost levels, which would be beyond the upper limit of the map sensor.

Cams may make a difference, but it does sacrifice low end grunt, which on the heavier A610 may not be as desirable, and thus with the increased air flow, the larger turbo may be nessecary but leads to more lag.

In my opinion the A610 is a very good all round setup, and they improved every component in respects to the GTA, it depends if your going to race it, or want a fast, driveable road car.
no avatar
User

Rz

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:06 pm

Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Rz » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:00 am

all I can say about Mr Ress is you cant fins anyone better for your car when it comes to tuning or upgrade it.

I will be back in sweden on April 28, let me check what he did with my car the first time he fix some tuning on it, that might be a first step for you as it was for me, but I changed many things but you might only want to change the engine parts so I dont think it will be to expensive.
just send your car with a car transportcompany 2 ways (cant be expensive) and I am so sure you will be happy with hes work, or do like I did, take a smaller holiday 3 days and drive it down and let him do the job while you and gf/wife or what ever are relaxing at a hotel nearby hes workshop and then enjoy a very very nice trip home.

let me know I might join you on the trip down since I didnt have time to thank him in person this year.

good luck
present cars :
Renault Alpine A610
BMW M3E30 Sportevolution 1990 #23/600
and a daily driver.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:25 pm

If you speak german then this guy is rather good:
http://www.kern-tuning.de/html/alpine.html

But he doesn't speak a word of anything other than bavarian!
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

The Pope

Postby Tony Smith » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:52 am

may be we can get the new Pope to translate! Vee hav vays of making you vership!
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
no avatar
User

Raubsau

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:30 am

Germany

Postby Raubsau » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:57 am

Axel Ress is fine...his stuff works, but it is NOT cheap.
Getting about 330 horses is no problem...anything beyond that requires lots of mods.
The turbo is a bit small and boost will drop at high revs (4000 +)
Another intercooler will be helpfull too.
With water injection and additional fuel dumping I can run mine with a max of about 1.5 bar of boost. At 5000rpm this will drop to about .9
OPEN ROADS!
no avatar
User

Melanie

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:10 pm

North Rhine-Westphalia

Postby Melanie » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:35 pm

Raubsau wrote:Axel Ress is fine...his stuff works, but it is NOT cheap.

Excuse my intervention, but what do you deem with "NOT cheap"? I’d allege that this isn't quite correct, you should study the pros and cons. You get quick neat work and you can be sure that this guys know their stuff and in addition I suppose "not cheap" is relatively in terms of Alpine. I can't complain about the price I've paid.
Btw: Hi Raubsau and Alpiniste, it’s a small world! …
Alpiniste, I hope you don't feel besets, who knows where you still meet me.. CU

• Advertisement